• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 6:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1231 posts
1208 upvotes
Kingston

[Amazon.ca] XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive 169.99$

Well rated fast m.2 SSD. Single sided board makes it perfect for ultra portable laptops. Works well in Lenovo T series notebooks.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1221 posts
40 upvotes
North Vancouver
Good timing for me (maybe) - I know this has been cheaper with Camelx3 earlier this year, but this is still a good deal I think Does anyone know for sure if this will work in a early 2015 MacBook Pro retina 13" - it's just a spare accounting machine, but heard this ran pretty cool and wasn't a pig on power. Or can anyone suggest a better alternative? The OWC is too spendy and I'm fine with just using an adapter if these NVMe m.2 work better. Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1939 posts
2965 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
DealGoblin wrote: Building my first PC, can anyone confirm this drive is compatable with this board? https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty% ... ing-ITXac/
Price and quality look good
Board is good. Have literally this board with this exact NVME (posted here a while back for $159 and no tax) and the 3600X (also posted here for $229 I believe) and it runs great...now...BECAUSE you absolutely will need to update the BIOS to 3.70 for stable usage.

My RAM would never be recognized as 3200 and machine would get hangs all the time before updating the BIOS. There is a ton of complaints about it online, but once the 3.70 hit, everything seems fixed.

Come to think of it, my whole rig is an RFD build minus the GPU and Case...
Jun 24, 2019
133 posts
310 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ChippewaBarr wrote: Board is good. Have literally this board with this exact NVME (posted here a while back for $159 and no tax) and the 3600X (also posted here for $229 I believe) and it runs great...now...BECAUSE you absolutely will need to update the BIOS to 3.70 for stable usage.

My RAM would never be recognized as 3200 and machine would get hangs all the time before updating the BIOS. There is a ton of complaints about it online, but once the 3.70 hit, everything seems fixed.

Good info, Thanks! Do you remember what you paid for the MoBo?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1939 posts
2965 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
DealGoblin wrote: Good info, Thanks! Do you remember what you paid for the MoBo?
No prob.

And just looked it up, $159, from Newegg during BF week. There was also a MIR that miraculously had no issues being accepted so minus another $30 from that ($129).

Threw it in a Node 202 SFF case and it works great!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1819 posts
1005 upvotes
This deal was dead by 8:30am. Not sure how it's still listed here. Explains the down votes tho lol (wasn't me)
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Oct 18, 2012
584 posts
707 upvotes
Montréal
ChippewaBarr wrote: Board is good. Have literally this board with this exact NVME (posted here a while back for $159 and no tax) and the 3600X (also posted here for $229 I believe) and it runs great...now...BECAUSE you absolutely will need to update the BIOS to 3.70 for stable usage.

ITX was cheap back then, wow
Jun 24, 2019
133 posts
310 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ChippewaBarr wrote: No prob.

And just looked it up, $159, from Newegg during BF week. There was also a MIR that miraculously had no issues being accepted so minus another $30 from that ($129).

Threw it in a Node 202 SFF case and it works great!
Cool, i paid $199 for the MoBo but it was the last one and there were no other ones in stock at the time except a couple for $400+ so i think ill just eat the markup, going into a Silverstone SG13, waiting on a 3600 & 2060soup/5700xt now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)