Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Essence of Art Edition - $14.99 (also @ EB Games)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2020 7:50 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2015
301 posts
752 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

[Amazon.ca] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Essence of Art Edition - $14.99 (also @ EB Games)

Heya, folks!

It's a slightly old game at this point (Western release was April 17, 2018), but still a good one at a good price.

Both Amazon and EB Games the special "Essence of Art Edition" for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life on sale for $14.99.

It's been this price before around March (and at that time, that was the lowest it's been), and sold out pretty quickly on Amazon around that time.

============================================================
EDIT:
- Jun. 18 (afternoon): It looks like Amazon is now out of stock (that was quick...).
============================================================

Links:
- Amazon (out of stock)
- EB Games (in stock in-store only)

Reviews:
- Eurogamer - "Recommended"
- GameInformer - 9.25 out of 10
- GameSpot - 8 out of 10
- IGN - 7.5 out of 10
- Kotaku
- Metacritic - 83 out of 100 (aggregate)
- Polygon - 8.5 out of 10
Images
  • Yakuza 6.jpg
Last edited by Sojoph on Jun 18th, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18 replies
Jun 12, 2013
175 posts
86 upvotes
London
Thanks OP. This will be my first dwelve into the Yakuza series
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6862 posts
1410 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
drawesome wrote: Thanks OP. This will be my first dwelve into the Yakuza series
If you can I recommend playing the earlier games first like Yakuza Zero and Kiwami because of story reasons. Not a must but Yakuza 6 is supposedly Ryu's final chapter and references a lot of stuff from earlier games.
They should be cheap enough and easy to get. They are on Gamepass and Zero is on sale now on PSN.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Feb 5, 2012
215 posts
306 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks OP. I'm still making my way through Yakuza 0 after picking it up on sale. Decided to order the discounted Yakuza 6 as well. Anyone know what the order of the games are? Is Yakuza 6 the sixth game in the series?
[OP]
Jul 3, 2015
301 posts
752 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I second number8888's suggestion.

If this will be your first foray into the Yakuza series, I would recommend starting with Yakuza Kiwami because it's a remake of the first game (I've been a fan since I bought the first Yakuza back on the PS2, and playing Kiwami really hit the nostalgia notes lol).

Yakuza Kiwami 2 is also a remake of Yakuza 2 (also a PS2 game), so that may be a good game to get into next after beating Kiwami. But there's definitely nothing wrong from going from Kiwami to Zero.

Yakuza Zero is a prequel that takes place before the events of Yakuza 1/Kiwami (and is arguably the best game in the series), and is still a great starting point for newcomers to the series, but there's more appreciation for the game if you're a bit more familiar with the characters that were introduced in the first game.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2879 posts
1599 upvotes
west Island MTL
dead already show at 30.99$...Confused Face
Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6511 posts
6799 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Still waiting for them to clear out the After Hours edition!
[OP]
Jul 3, 2015
301 posts
752 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
floyder70 wrote: Thanks OP. I'm still making my way through Yakuza 0 after picking it up on sale. Decided to order the discounted Yakuza 6 as well. Anyone know what the order of the games are? Is Yakuza 6 the sixth game in the series?
Mm-hmm, pretty much. Yakuza 6 is technically maybe the tenth game released in the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series (if you include the spin-offs), but in terms of the sequence of events for the plot, it's the seventh entry story-wise.

Chronologically, the plot goes in numerical order of the main games. So yep, the events of Yakuza 6 takes place after Yakuza 5, Yakuza 5 before Yakuza 4, and so forth.

Yakuza Zero released relatively recently (it came out after Yakuza 5 for the PS3 and before the Yakuza Kiwami remake of the first game), but it is a prequel and the events of the game takes place before the events of the first game.
Last edited by Sojoph on Jun 18th, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5141 posts
3926 upvotes
How did this happen. Kiwami was free on PS+.
Jun 12, 2013
175 posts
86 upvotes
London
How long do you think it would take to go through each game? I do agree that it make sense to start from the very first game but i don’t know how much time I can spend on this series.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2015
301 posts
752 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
drawesome wrote: How long do you think it would take to go through each game? I do agree that it make sense to start from the very first game but i don’t know how much time I can spend on this series.
For Yakuza Zero, it depends on how much of the game you want to complete.

For example, if you just stick with the main story, it can be completed in about 25-30 hours, give or take?

But doing the main story and the extra stuff (side missions, the real estate and hostess bar missions, collections, etc.), it can take 50-60+ hours.

For me personally, I did as much as I could in Yakuza Zero, and I think by the time I put the game down, I clocked in a little over 100 hours.

For Yakuza Kiwami, I did as much as I could, and I think I clocked around 80 hours.

But for the main story only, I think it can be beaten around or under 20 hours.

And for doing main story plus extra stuff like the side missions, add on another 10 hours or so.

And I feel like both Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6 are about the same as Kiwami, timing-wise.

In the end, I feel like Yakuza Zero is one of the longer games in the series, and one of the easier games to end up sink a lot of hours into without realizing it. I honestly did not expect myself to play it as long as I did...
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2465 posts
1623 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: How did this happen. Kiwami was free on PS+.
A lot of people don't have PS+. I stopped subscribing a year ago.

But I did get to play Yakuza 5 when it was free for PS3.
Jun 30, 2011
193 posts
47 upvotes
It's back at the $14.99 price, just ordered a copy
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13290 posts
170602 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Well, sold out now.

Ju Leon...