[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7573 posts
5739 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Yet another RavPower deal: 65W Charger GaN $33.99 after $5 coupon

Cut and paste from the above link:
  • 65W Power Delivery: USB-C PD charging port powers up your MacBook Pro 15. 4” from 0% to 100% in only 2 hours via a USB-C to USB-C cable with E-Mark chipset (Not Included)
  • Ultra Compact: 30% smaller than other 60W charger, perfectly fits in your pocket, purse and the palm of hand. A foldable plug is easy to fold back into place for maximum portability
  • Latest GaN Technology: Powered by GaN tech, USB C charger becomes smaller & maximizes charging efficiency while generates less heat
  • Intelligent Power Allocation: Cleverly distributes 65W of power between 2 devices when charging simultaneously and supports high-speed charging up to 65W when a single device is connected
  • Monumental Compatibility: One-stop charging solution that works flawlessly with virtually all USB-C and USB-A powered devices, from iPhone to Samsung to USB-C laptops and more
10 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17563 posts
9901 upvotes
Ottawa
CaptSmethwick wrote: [*]Monumental Compatibility: One-stop charging solution that works flawlessly with virtually all USB-C and USB-A powered devices, from iPhone to Samsung to USB-C laptops and more
[/list]
These PD chargers don't support fast charging for Samsung Note 10+ and S20 U at 45W. So that statement is a bit misleading. Hopefully the next gen has full support of PD 3.0 PPS

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/25/2115 ... ters-forum
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1615 posts
329 upvotes
Maple, ON
What usb-c to c cable do get you for it? most of the cables list 3A max. while this one can deliver up to 3.25A @ 20V, does it require a special cable or cable compatibility will limit the amps anyway?
Last edited by Lexi on Jul 7th, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17563 posts
9901 upvotes
Ottawa
Lexi wrote: What usb-c to c cable do you for it? most of the cables list 3A max. while this one can deliver up to 3.25A @ 20V, does it require a special cable or cable compatibility will limit the amps anyway?
Normally, you can use a regular cable to get 3A (60W), but if you want more, you need a 5 Amp E-marker cable.

USB 2.0 - 5 Amp https://www.amazon.ca/Certified-Cable-M ... 26&sr=8-25
USB 3.1 Gen 2 / Thunderbolt 3 - 5 Amp https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Thunderbolt ... 90&sr=8-12

I'm not sure if the charger will output any more than 60W without the cable....but I guess you miss out on 5W potentially
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2486 upvotes
Lexi wrote: Thank you, are these reputable brands, never heard of them before?
Wtf they are the like the most reputable brands. What a re you looking for? RCA?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1615 posts
329 upvotes
Maple, ON
vivibaby wrote: Wtf they are the like the most reputable brands. What a re you looking for? RCA?
I meant specifically Cable Matters, as I never heard of them before. Do you own any of Cable Matters usb-C cables?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Lexi wrote: What usb-c to c cable do get you for it? most of the cables list 3A max. while this one can deliver up to 3.25A @ 20V, does it require a special cable or cable compatibility will limit the amps anyway?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XFC86YT/ref ... bFbT623Z99

This is what I use. Bought them when they were on sale
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Lexi wrote: Thank you! How much were they on sale?
$3 cheaper. Not much Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2486 upvotes
Does anyone know how the battery is charged on the device if both ports are being used? For example if the ismart outlet is being used fully what does the pd part fall down to?