Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Yi 1080P camera $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2019 8:26 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
bowmah wrote: Mind testing your Wyzecam V2 for me to see if you can set it up to record motion triggers only to the local SD card and not their cloud service. I would be interested if it can do this and NOT use the cloud service at all.
I also didn't want to use the cloud service which is the main reason why I bought my SD card. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way around this (local storage only + motion triggers).

The settings are very simplistic: either enable/disable recording an event when the camera detects motion or sound. It doesn't even tell you it is recording these events to the cloud. There is also no option to enable/disable cloud service.

I am only using my camera to record my entrance now. Was going to buy more to record interior of home but I only want local storage for this.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
FalconR wrote: I also didn't want to use the cloud service which is the main reason why I bought my SD card. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way around this (local storage only + motion triggers).

The settings are very simplistic: either enable/disable recording an event when the camera detects motion or sound. It doesn't even tell you it is recording these events to the cloud. There is also no option to enable/disable cloud service.

I am only using my camera to record my entrance now. Was going to buy more to record interior of home but I only want local storage for this.
Wow, if this unit cannot have motion detection --> record + disable cloud, I am out. Seems odd this cannot be done. Maybe a weak firmware is the culprit?
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
I have multiple of this and the 1080 dome, and I love it actually (mainly because it’s cheap)
It only went down on me once for a few hours when the server was down. I do wish there’s RTSP because I couldn’t do ANYTHING at all if the app is not working.

Let me try to share some answers here if that helped.
Super easy to set up. Plug it in, open your app, Add device, scan QR code, enter Wi-Fi password, and done.

IR works behind window, except when I turn on my ceiling lights and the reflections cause the motion alarm useless. Tried turning off IR, but it does. Or help with reflection, instead outside won’t be as clear.

Motion alarms and baby crying alarms delay is minimal, maybe only 15 second. I get notifications on my iPhone all the time.

You can turn off “upload to cloud” options.
I am storing everything to SD.
The app is great, it does have the time elapse feature which you just slide through a timeline for all alarm triggered clips.
As for security, no IP camera is safe, just don’t mind people seeing you naked if you use it indoor.

You can turn on/off the camera in the app. And there’s a status light on the camera to indicate if the camera is on. If you are paranoid, add a smart plug and cut out the power then you are sure it’s 100% off.

No RTSP, kind of sad, if app is not working or YI is gone, your camera is garbage. Good thing is that the app is pretty good if you don’t want to deal a NVR or blueiris etc

Good luck

Oh, btw, the dome was on lightning deal last night for $45 after $15 coupon. Might as well pay $10 more for a pan tilt version. Or get this one if you want a small camera, you can pop off the black round piece out of the white stand for a tiny discreet camera(turn off status light)
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10208 posts
11271 upvotes
bowmah wrote: Wow, if this unit cannot have motion detection --> record + disable cloud, I am out. Seems odd this cannot be done. Maybe a weak firmware is the culprit?
Groan... "weak firmware"? This product simply isn't MEANT for that type of consumer.

Your average person just wants things to work, and the Wyzecam just works (wonderfully well, especially for the price).

Consider it the 'Apple' philosophy: either the feature set matches what you want or it doesn't. If it doesn't, move along.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5733 upvotes
dealyou wrote: I have multiple of this and the 1080 dome, and I love it actually (mainly because it’s cheap)
It only went down on me once for a few hours when the server was down. I do wish there’s RTSP because I couldn’t do ANYTHING at all if the app is not working.

Let me try to share some answers here if that helped.
Super easy to set up. Plug it in, open your app, Add device, scan QR code, enter Wi-Fi password, and done.

IR works behind window, except when I turn on my ceiling lights and the reflections cause the motion alarm useless. Tried turning off IR, but it does. Or help with reflection, instead outside won’t be as clear.

Motion alarms and baby crying alarms delay is minimal, maybe only 15 second. I get notifications on my iPhone all the time.

You can turn off “upload to cloud” options.
I am storing everything to SD.
The app is great, it does have the time elapse feature which you just slide through a timeline for all alarm triggered clips.
As for security, no IP camera is safe, just don’t mind people seeing you naked if you use it indoor.

You can turn on/off the camera in the app. And there’s a status light on the camera to indicate if the camera is on. If you are paranoid, add a smart plug and cut out the power then you are sure it’s 100% off.

No RTSP, kind of sad, if app is not working or YI is gone, your camera is garbage. Good thing is that the app is pretty good if you don’t want to deal a NVR or blueiris etc

Good luck

Oh, btw, the dome was on lightning deal last night for $45 after $15 coupon. Might as well pay $10 more for a pan tilt version. Or get this one if you want a small camera, you can pop off the black round piece out of the white stand for a tiny discreet camera(turn off status light)
mind to share which SD r u using and the size?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
Mix and match. Whatever is sitting in my home.
Some old Kingston class 4, class 10, and sandisk class 10.
8,16,32,64GB
They all worked
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂