4400 upvotes
BC
Would this be good for a dog? Or any recommendations? TIA
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1096 posts
575 upvotes
Richmond Hill
how can you guys set this up? Mine doesn't connect at all and I ended up returning my 2 units from the last sale..
Nov 8, 2010
168 posts
29 upvotes
Burnaby
patrickkc wrote: how can you guys set this up? Mine doesn't connect at all and I ended up returning my 2 units from the last sale..
use their phone app, it's actually fairly easy to setup.
the camera tells you to scan a QR code on your app and runs you through the process
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1096 posts
575 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Xeph820 wrote: use their phone app, it's actually fairly easy to setup.
the camera tells you to scan a QR code on your app and runs you through the process
I did, but it just says trying to connect without ever connecting. I've actually got the older one, the one that looks like a cube and that was easily set up few years ago.. but with this new one I couldn't get it to connect at all. I bought 2 and both wouldn't set up at all.
Oct 22, 2020
119 posts
13 upvotes
Pretty good deal. I wonder how the quality is compared to Wyze.
Oct 18, 2015
282 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nibbler2012 wrote: Do these plug in? It says no batteries but there's no cord?
There's a micro usb cord included
Nov 28, 2016
622 posts
230 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Both my yi dome cams died after 2y, so I’m anti yi now.
what? how?
hitman989 wrote: I don't suggest you install this unit outside. I mount mine units inside the windows.
i mounted it outside on the soffit, its fine :D
Daf wrote: Does this follow you?
you need the one that pan/tilt $50
WizOfOzZz wrote: I read in past posts that someone used the original non pan Wyze camera outside in -20C without issues. Not sure about Yi. But since they are both similar camera, thought I'd mention.
mouted on soffit, its working fine for me.
Navon01 wrote: What size sd do you use? Read reviews that only supports 8-32gb but other say 64gb.

Only personal experience please.
64GB works fine
Orpheus wrote: The new Blink cameras require a subscription for cloud storage (and cloud storage is required to have live view). Free cloud storage is grandfathered for old Blink XT2 cameras but otherwise need to pay a subscription fee.
What? i was planning to buy a couple of blink because Im lazy to wire another one... so all blink require sub, how about ring?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13293 posts
3638 upvotes
Scarberia
if u put in microsd card, it auto records and fills up? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13293 posts
3638 upvotes
Scarberia
Wiseman wrote: How long does it take to show on the echo?
way less then 20secs lol..maybe 5 secs after it says ok
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Apr 26, 2006
51 posts
7 upvotes
I find that the new Yi 1080p Cameras are slightly different now compared to the ones bought 2yrs ago.

It has a different firmware that the original ones aren't able to upgrade to (2018 is latest firmware for original)

The image is brighter but not in a good way. It is more white and washed out. The sensitivity seems to be hit and miss too as it didn't detect motion as well as the original. It does have a "human" mode now however, which reduces false alerts but it is also hit and miss.
May 6, 2008
100 posts
51 upvotes
YYZ
Been using this as a baby monitor for years. Works great and they cry detection works surprisingly well
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21056 upvotes
Center of Universe
I have a few pointed outside windows and while they're not going to capture HD quality videos, it's good enough for surveillance to see what's going on outside.
Dec 25, 2010
937 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver
dealyou wrote: What? i was planning to buy a couple of blink because Im lazy to wire another one... so all blink require sub, how about ring?
You may want to take a look at Eufy.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
jeeva86 wrote: Both my yi dome cams died after 2y, so I’m anti yi now.
Can't remember how long I've owned mine but it's about 2 years and they're still running fine for me. I bought a 4 pack set none have failed.
Mar 5, 2002
781 posts
48 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: I did, but it just says trying to connect without ever connecting. I've actually got the older one, the one that looks like a cube and that was easily set up few years ago.. but with this new one I couldn't get it to connect at all. I bought 2 and both wouldn't set up at all.
One thing to note is that it only works at 2.4GHz and not 5.
Cheers!
Tano
Mar 5, 2002
781 posts
48 upvotes
Nibbler2012 wrote: Do these plug in? It says no batteries but there's no cord?
It comes with a small brick with a micro USB connector (6ft') that runs into the camera. So yes, it has to be plugged in.
Cheers!
Tano
Mar 5, 2002
781 posts
48 upvotes
Navon01 wrote: What size sd do you use? Read reviews that only supports 8-32gb but other say 64gb.

Only personal experience please.
I use Samsung 32GB SD Cards for all four of mine. So far, so good. I haven't tried the higher capacity ones.
Cheers!
Tano
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1096 posts
575 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tanmanwayne wrote: One thing to note is that it only works at 2.4GHz and not 5.
I was thinking that was the problem. I'm running google mesh so I can't pick 2.4 or 5.. that must be why it won't set up. The old xiaomi cams ( the cube one ) I set up before I switched to google mesh, and one of them still works fine. The other doesn't connect either. Very confusing