Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] YI 1080p Home Camera $23.35

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:27 am
May 6, 2008
99 posts
49 upvotes
YYZ
Been using this as a baby monitor for years. Works great and they cry detection works surprisingly well
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34543 posts
20588 upvotes
Center of Universe
I have a few pointed outside windows and while they're not going to capture HD quality videos, it's good enough for surveillance to see what's going on outside.
Dec 25, 2010
928 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
dealyou wrote: What? i was planning to buy a couple of blink because Im lazy to wire another one... so all blink require sub, how about ring?
You may want to take a look at Eufy.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19071 posts
2028 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
jeeva86 wrote: Both my yi dome cams died after 2y, so I’m anti yi now.
Can't remember how long I've owned mine but it's about 2 years and they're still running fine for me. I bought a 4 pack set none have failed.
Mar 5, 2002
779 posts
48 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: I did, but it just says trying to connect without ever connecting. I've actually got the older one, the one that looks like a cube and that was easily set up few years ago.. but with this new one I couldn't get it to connect at all. I bought 2 and both wouldn't set up at all.
One thing to note is that it only works at 2.4GHz and not 5.
Cheers!
Tano
Mar 5, 2002
779 posts
48 upvotes
Nibbler2012 wrote: Do these plug in? It says no batteries but there's no cord?
It comes with a small brick with a micro USB connector (6ft') that runs into the camera. So yes, it has to be plugged in.
Cheers!
Tano
Mar 5, 2002
779 posts
48 upvotes
Navon01 wrote: What size sd do you use? Read reviews that only supports 8-32gb but other say 64gb.

Only personal experience please.
I use Samsung 32GB SD Cards for all four of mine. So far, so good. I haven't tried the higher capacity ones.
Cheers!
Tano
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1082 posts
570 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tanmanwayne wrote: One thing to note is that it only works at 2.4GHz and not 5.
I was thinking that was the problem. I'm running google mesh so I can't pick 2.4 or 5.. that must be why it won't set up. The old xiaomi cams ( the cube one ) I set up before I switched to google mesh, and one of them still works fine. The other doesn't connect either. Very confusing
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15552 posts
4142 upvotes
Markham
$32.99 now
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 8, 2008
223 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

If this works half decent I'll consider buying a couple more especially if the price drops back down. I'm not the most tech savvy so hoping that I can get it to work for my purposes
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
227 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Slimschmee wrote: Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

If this works half decent I'll consider buying a couple more especially if the price drops back down. I'm not the most tech savvy so hoping that I can get it to work for my purposes
The price will most likely drop back down to below $30 in the future.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34543 posts
20588 upvotes
Center of Universe
Slimschmee wrote: Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

What you need is some sort of deterrent, like a motion activated flood light.
This camera will catch someone in the act, but you're not going to get a high quality video feed to identify the person.
Mar 5, 2002
779 posts
48 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: I was thinking that was the problem. I'm running google mesh so I can't pick 2.4 or 5.. that must be why it won't set up. The old xiaomi cams ( the cube one ) I set up before I switched to google mesh, and one of them still works fine. The other doesn't connect either. Very confusing
I use ASUS Mesh, and what I had to recently do to set up some smart bulbs was to isolate the network to 2.4 GHz only, connect and then restore the network back to mixed. I presume that it would work the similarly as well.
Cheers!
Tano

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)