Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15856 posts
4376 upvotes
Markham
$32.99 now
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 8, 2008
227 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa
Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

If this works half decent I'll consider buying a couple more especially if the price drops back down. I'm not the most tech savvy so hoping that I can get it to work for my purposes
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
237 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
Slimschmee wrote: Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

If this works half decent I'll consider buying a couple more especially if the price drops back down. I'm not the most tech savvy so hoping that I can get it to work for my purposes
The price will most likely drop back down to below $30 in the future.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21043 upvotes
Center of Universe
Slimschmee wrote: Indeed price went up a couple bucks but I still put in an order. I already have an echo show and for $35 I can aim this towards my car through the kitchen window. (unfortunately our neighborhood has had a lot of tires slashed in the past week- including ours)

What you need is some sort of deterrent, like a motion activated flood light.
This camera will catch someone in the act, but you're not going to get a high quality video feed to identify the person.
Mar 5, 2002
781 posts
48 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: I was thinking that was the problem. I'm running google mesh so I can't pick 2.4 or 5.. that must be why it won't set up. The old xiaomi cams ( the cube one ) I set up before I switched to google mesh, and one of them still works fine. The other doesn't connect either. Very confusing
I use ASUS Mesh, and what I had to recently do to set up some smart bulbs was to isolate the network to 2.4 GHz only, connect and then restore the network back to mixed. I presume that it would work the similarly as well.
Cheers!
Tano
Aug 10, 2013
441 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
jeeva86 wrote: Both my yi dome cams died after 2y, so I’m anti yi now.
You save me a return!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Mar 5, 2002
781 posts
48 upvotes
Magoomba wrote: Can anyone comment on the motion sensor? How sensitive is it? Is it broad or narrow?
I find that the sensor is great.

You can setup a zone when the camera triggers to send an alert; and/or the sensitivity of the alerts (low/medium/high).

For the price, I'd say try one.

You can use up to 4 cameras on one free account (possibly more if you subscribe to their cloud service but I don't).

Honestly, I haven't tried any other camera, but am quite impressed with these.
Cheers!
Tano
Jul 14, 2005
669 posts
144 upvotes
price on Amazon today is $23.85
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1352 posts
364 upvotes
dmyvr wrote: price on Amazon today is $23.85
Bought one. Thanks
Koodo $35/10GB 😎
Public Mobile $30/2GB 😎
Tesla Model 3 owner 😁
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21043 upvotes
Center of Universe
This camera shouldn't be relied on for anything more than live surveillance, just to check on things.

I have a few pointing out windows, so I can view exterior areas of my house, without having to go to each window, or walk outside.
Feb 28, 2011
251 posts
363 upvotes
ottawa
IceVengeance wrote: Pretty good deal. I wonder how the quality is compared to Wyze.
Google is your friend. Plenty of YouTube compare videos. I think I watched couple and wyze wins in image quality.
Nov 9, 2014
207 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tanmanwayne wrote: I use ASUS Mesh, and what I had to recently do to set up some smart bulbs was to isolate the network to 2.4 GHz only, connect and then restore the network back to mixed. I presume that it would work the similarly as well.
I use TP-link mesh. I upgraded from a mix of wireless access point. My strategy for 2.4GHz devices is to keep a2.4GHz guest network going on on of my spare access points. My IoT devices connect to that and it backhauls to my main home router.
Sep 25, 2017
91 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Pretty good for 2 years considering these are 30 bucks. I mean, a Friday night take out can cost about 100 bucks but a camera used as visual monitoring of your property, that lasts 2 years doesn’t seem bad at all.