• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 10:19 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2019
11 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] YI 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera

YI via Amazon.ca offers 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera with code showing on the page for CDN$ 54.99

• The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
  • Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
  • High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed. Note: Requires 8 - 64GB Class10 or above microSD card, sold separately
  • Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
  • Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation. The product is certified by ISED with HIV No: YCS.1015.INT and Certificate No: 20436-YCS1015
115 replies
Dec 24, 2011
258 posts
40 upvotes
Pickering
I just try it to see if the code works or not but it’s works bring down to $54.99

Code: SMARTDASH
Jul 6, 2018
305 posts
555 upvotes
In the market for a dash-cam, but lots of bad reviews for this one. Picture quality looks terrible too in the those user videos. Can someone maybe recommend a better one?
Nov 23, 2006
43 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
poopooplatter wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:55 pm
In the market for a dash-cam, but lots of bad reviews for this one. Picture quality looks terrible too in the those user videos. Can someone maybe recommend a better one?
I've been looking for a dash-cam myself, but picture quality isn't something I think you should be too concerned with. When it comes to giving information to insurance, a video showing you're not at fault (even if they can't see the license plate of others) is all you'd need.

My only worry is that this uses a battery vs a capacitor. However, previously when this Yi camera shows up as a sale, a lot of users comment that it just takes a few minutes to warm up and then it works great.
Apr 2, 2015
177 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought this Christmas 2018. Still using it. Works like a charm, had no issues. Not great at capturing license plates but I just leave the microphone on and read the license plate out loud if I need it. Haven't had any issues regarding heat/cold. I do 1080p30fps due to a limited memory card. Only issue I have is the super wide angle lens makes things look farther than they are. But the fact that the lens is so wide means you have a huge frame of capture which I really appreciate.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1891 posts
334 upvotes
Winterpeg
HeyHowYaDoin wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 1:08 pm
Bought this Christmas 2018. Still using it. Works like a charm, had no issues. Not great at capturing license plates but I just leave the microphone on and read the license plate out loud if I need it. Haven't had any issues regarding heat/cold. I do 1080p30fps due to a limited memory card. Only issue I have is the super wide angle lens makes things look farther than they are. But the fact that the lens is so wide means you have a huge frame of capture which I really appreciate.
yeah 1080p that couldnt read license plate
i bought 2 of these 2 years ago!
1 died after a year and the other 1 is still working
Dec 30, 2015
118 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty cheap for a dash cam, yeah?
Was thinking of picking this up as a rear camera for that peace of mind if I ever need it for evidence of sorts in really niche situations.
I can't imagine I need a quality cam for the rear and therefore I shouldn't spend too much, right?
Apr 8, 2006
963 posts
138 upvotes
Own 3 of them. Purchased 2 in January for $46.54 it could still go lower.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1338 posts
288 upvotes
They released a new version of it, so this could go further down in price soon.. i agree with @masalma
Nov 23, 2006
43 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
masalma wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 2:26 pm
Own 3 of them. Purchased 2 in January for $46.54 it could still go lower.
That's good to know! Hopefully I notice it getting that low! It would become an instant buy!
Dec 24, 2017
619 posts
535 upvotes
I wonder why known brands such as Sony, Panasonic, etc don't make dashcams.
Dec 24, 2017
619 posts
535 upvotes
doesn't take batteries:

Are Batteries Included No
Batteries Required No
Includes Rechargable Battery No
Includes Remote No