• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 10:19 pm
Dec 23, 2009
57 posts
90 upvotes
Markham
puroeuro wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 3:24 pm
I own 2 (front and rear) of these for close 2 years now. No issues whatsoever. Keep in mind you need to use a high endurance card for these so that the rewrite to the cards doesn't fry it. I had a lexar standard micro SD card crap out after about 6 months.

The quality is good on these (1080p) and it can pickup plates no problem. Like another user commented leave the mic on and read out the plate in an emergency situations just to be safe.

I disabled the driver assistance stuff as it kept going off since our road lines with construction are a mess and it beeped way too often.

Highly recommended. The usb cable that comes with it is also very long and can be tucked and ran along the top windshield and down on the passenger side wall and back to the center console where you may have your usb charger.
How do you mount this at the rear? Do you mind sharing a photo of your setup? Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28816 posts
14621 upvotes
Ottawa
Wrocky wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 9:10 pm
You never know what you're going to see. I have one of these cameras, and this is a video from 10 days ago. Heading West out of Perth on Hwy 7, and some guy decides to pass me and doesn't see the oncoming car. He headed to the shoulder then did his flip. He was banged up, but lived. Things could have been a lot worse.
My cottage is past Perth and I've seen close calls regularly.
One lane highway with a max speed of 80km/h (even though most drive 100km/m) really tests a driver's patience.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1057 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know why this cameras mount keeps detaching from the camera? The 3m sticker and mount stay on window but the camera itself falls off the mount. Never had an issue with the Chinese version just this international version doesnt stay attached to mount
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28816 posts
14621 upvotes
Ottawa
porchemasi wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 7:41 am
Anyone know why this cameras mount keeps detaching from the camera? The 3m sticker and mount stay on window but the camera itself falls off the mount. Never had an issue with the Chinese version just this international version doesnt stay attached to mount
It's a slide and lock type clip, how can it fall off?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1896 posts
339 upvotes
Winterpeg
doubleA wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 7:58 am
How is this for night video?
its great at night but again it cant read license plates properly
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1172 posts
356 upvotes
loner01 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 6:32 am
How do you mount this at the rear? Do you mind sharing a photo of your setup? Thanks in advance!
I will try and post one later on. But I drive a golf wagon so the truck is a hatch the window is a sharper slope then a traditional sedan. I have a USB outlet in the trunk and the camera mount sticks directly on the top center portion of the glass, I run the cable along the rubber seal around the glass to tuck it in.
Dec 30, 2015
124 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I’m interested and am personally looking forward to seeing your set up (driving the same car).

Do you also mind detailing where or how you’re hiding your cables? Thanks!
Dec 18, 2008
273 posts
110 upvotes
puroeuro wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 9:56 am
I will try and post one later on. But I drive a golf wagon so the truck is a hatch the window is a sharper slope then a traditional sedan. I have a USB outlet in the trunk and the camera mount sticks directly on the top center portion of the glass, I run the cable along the rubber seal around the glass to tuck it in.
Also looking to get one as a rear camera and also drive a hatchback. Would love to see how you run the wire.
Jun 6, 2017
80 posts
28 upvotes
Has anyone used a transcend 400x micro SD in their dashcam? Would that be good?
Mar 25, 2013
180 posts
13 upvotes
The max sd card capacity is 64gb. I have a spare 128, will it still work ok on this dash cam?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8962 posts
9944 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:55 pm
In the market for a dash-cam, but lots of bad reviews for this one. Picture quality looks terrible too in the those user videos. Can someone maybe recommend a better one?
This camera is perfectly fine. Ive been using it since they released it 3 years ago (120K views later). No issues with heat or cold, no issues with the non-issue of the 10-20mah internal battery exploding (which , if it did... would do absolutely NOTHING [b/c its a 10-20mah battery].... PEOPLE STOP FEAR MONGERING).