Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

YI Smart Dash Cam, 2.7" Screen 1080P60 for ~30% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 9:16 am
26 replies
Nov 12, 2013
187 posts
348 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Great camera. I’ve been using it for over two years and it’s already saved my ass once.
Apr 2, 2015
496 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought this December 2018. Runs well no issues.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
467 upvotes
Mississauga
so this will run as long as car is on? what if you turned off your car and someone hit and run in parking lot, will it catch that?
Jul 2, 2008
610 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered, thanks op ... how long is the cable...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Solid reviews. It requires 1 lithium ion battery.

Battery is not included.
Oct 1, 2017
133 posts
223 upvotes
Vancouver
djjungly wrote: so this will run as long as car is on? what if you turned off your car and someone hit and run in parking lot, will it catch that?
depends on how you wire it.

Also FYI, battery operated cams will be negatively affected in extreme heat and cold.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
2188 posts
1682 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Solid reviews. It requires 1 lithium ion battery.

Battery is not included.
I don't know where you are getting your information.

This unit comes with a small battery. You do not need to add one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
bizzyseller wrote: I don't know where you are getting your information.

This unit comes with a small battery. You do not need to add one.
Sweet. Makes the deal better. Been looking for a dash cam forever. This might be the one

It says in their description.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Sweet. Makes the deal better. Been looking for a dash cam forever. This might be the one

It says in their description.
I have two of these. There is no user serviceable battery, just a built in one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
ahammad wrote: I have two of these. There is no user serviceable battery, just a built in one.
Gotcha. Thanks. Do you have it wired so that it can record when car is parked?
Nov 22, 2019
273 posts
216 upvotes
Can anyone comment on this item’s ability to withstand extreme cold weather? Sometimes it gets to -40 to -50 windchill here and devices sometimes die because of cold weather.

I’ve been wanting to buy one for my father for his driving business who is not very tech savvy, so i want to just leave it in the car for ease as much as possible.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
juantootree4 wrote: Can anyone comment on this item’s ability to withstand extreme cold weather? Sometimes it gets to -40 to -50 windchill here and devices sometimes die because of cold weather.

I’ve been wanting to buy one for my father for his driving business who is not very tech savvy, so i want to just leave it in the car for ease as much as possible.
It's going to be a YMMV experience, as lithium-ion batteries don't fair well in extreme temps.
I prefer a dashcam with a supercapacitor.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1139 posts
405 upvotes
juantootree4 wrote: Can anyone comment on this item’s ability to withstand extreme cold weather? Sometimes it gets to -40 to -50 windchill here and devices sometimes die because of cold weather.

Remember ambient temperature is most important to talk about, this won’t suffer from windchill inside a car :)
but as an FYI I have one and it has survived cold days in Saskatchewan with some days getting below -30 before adding the windchill.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
2002 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: It's going to be a YMMV experience, as lithium-ion batteries don't fair well in extreme temps.
I prefer a dashcam with a supercapacitor.
If you can wait I bought the Yi nightscape and it uses capacitors, bought it last year for 64.99
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
stanleylai wrote: If you can wait I bought the Yi nightscape and it uses capacitors, bought it last year for 64.99
Yeah I see that in early December in CCC. It's hit $74.99 a couple times since then, would you bite that that price?
Dec 30, 2006
428 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Wish it was a low profile one ... the box design is kind of ugly
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
stanleylai wrote: If you can wait I bought the Yi nightscape and it uses capacitors, bought it last year for 64.99
Yea the regular one parked outside for 8 hrs a day randomly reboots on me till it warms up on super cold days
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
2002 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: Yeah I see that in early December in CCC. It's hit $74.99 a couple times since then, would you bite that that price?
Ive had no issues with it, never really compared the night recordings but daytime recordings are perfectly fine. Last I checked none of the 3rd party mounts for the yi dash cam works for this

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)