Feb 24, 2016
118 posts
1124 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] YMMV - Get $5 when you play a song on Amazon Music

See this banner on Amazon.ca

Not sure if this link works for everyone
E761210C-A047-4629-B783-4A528D3406CE.png

Terms and Conditions

You need to be signed into your Amazon account to participate in this promotion. Eligible Amazon customers who complete a music or podcast stream on Amazon Music for the very first time between Jan 25 and Feb 5, 2023 will receive a $5 promotional code to redeem against a future qualified purchase on Amazon.ca (the “Offer”). The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5. The offer only applies to eligible Amazon customers who have been invited by email from Amazon or viewed on-site marketing regarding the offer and who have visited the promotion landing page while logged in to their Amazon account. If you qualify for the Offer, a promotional credit worth $5 will be sent to you via email within 5 days and you can use it immediately for a qualified purchase with a value of over $20 or more ("Minimum Purchase"). You must be signed into your Amazon account and manually apply the code in order to redeem your credit. This is a limited time offer and is available only until 2500 Amazon customers have satisfied the terms and conditions. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be resold. This offer is limited to one per customer and account, and may not be combined with other offers. The promotional credit may be redeemed within 30 days of receipt on eligible orders over the minimum purchase amount. The promotional credit may only be applied to products sold by Amazon.ca or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" (other than all eBooks and certain digital content) on the product or content detail page) and all eBooks made available through Amazon.ca. Products and digital content (except for eBooks) sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible". The offer is subject to a minimum purchase requirement. Taxes, delivery and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount. Items must be purchased in a single order and delivered at the same speed to a single address. Delivery charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. If you remove qualifying items from your basket, so that the combined purchase value of the remaining qualifying items at checkout falls below the minimum purchase requirement, the offer will cease to apply. If you cancel your order for a qualifying item (so that the combined purchase value of the remaining qualifying items falls below the minimum purchase requirement), the offer will cease to apply. If you return a qualifying item (so that the combined purchase value of the qualifying items you retain falls below the minimum purchase requirement), Amazon reserves the right to charge you (using the payment method you used for the original order and without further notice) for the discount you received as part of the offer. Unless an Amazon gift card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional credits (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon gift cards. If you use our 1-Click ordering method, any promotional code will not apply to your order. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
32 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10460 posts
3972 upvotes
Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. :rolleyes:
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5902 posts
3452 upvotes
So, the link would tell you if you are eligible, but need to wait until January 25 to stream?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4891 posts
3412 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.

Thanks OP!
😱
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
7387 posts
25392 upvotes

Of course :(
:)
Aug 14, 2021
420 posts
708 upvotes
Over Yonder
Wow Amazon sure put a lot of effort into this promo just for OP to be eligible.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1503 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
Simple is the best.
Jun 5, 2021
444 posts
369 upvotes
Nov 20, 2013
461 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
not eligible, but thank you OP,
I wanna encourage people to share, even when it is YMMV, and if we downvote and complain, people will share less .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2497 posts
2283 upvotes
Note that it’s not January 25th yet folks.
Oct 3, 2022
15 posts
6 upvotes
Congratulations! The discount has been applied to your account. You have 30 days after activation to use it. To redeem the offer:
Step 1: Go to amazon.ca and add a minimum amount of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon to your cart.
Step 2: The amount of $5 will be automatically deducted from the total to be paid at checkout.
Thanks OP!

I verified and I can also see it if I proceed to checkout with $20+ items in the basket.

I have been a prime customer in the past but I don't currently have a membership.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2420 posts
1158 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I tried amazon music again.

Songs still randomly stop in the middle.
Sometimes don't play at all.

Rarely play more than a couple of songs in a Playlist.

Most of the time when I request a specific song it plays something else.

Back to Spotify.

But hey if I can get $5 just for listening to one wrong song, I am all in.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2898 posts
1935 upvotes
montreal
eligible on 1 out of 3 accounts.
Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4483 posts
4875 upvotes
Whitby
Free $5. Gottem. Thnx.

(In 5 days)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6330 posts
1060 upvotes
It says it doesn’t begin until Jan 25. Are people getting the credit for this today already?
Jul 23, 2006
154 posts
67 upvotes
I didn't play any song, I just sign in and got this.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2264 posts
2665 upvotes
Vancouver
I am also getting
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3115 posts
2107 upvotes
Toronto
bttnat wrote: Image
I didn't play any song, I just sign in and got this.
Same here.
But don’t see any $5 discount in my checkout.
Do I have to play a song?
Nov 23, 2017
66 posts
68 upvotes
Thanks! 1 of 2 accounts worked. I noticed this account always qualify for these offers but not the other. Both are active account as well.