Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle (Kindle Edition)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 10:23 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2019
26 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle (Kindle Edition)

Not worth the purchase if you use YNAB already or are familiar with their method. Definitely worth it if you're interested in the program but don't want to commit to their monthly subscription model right off the bat.
133 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1167 posts
1764 upvotes
Any books on how to find a rich wife?
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Apr 28, 2010
383 posts
464 upvotes
Terrace
The book is missing the most important rule haha!
"Stop browsing RFD"
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2449 posts
2252 upvotes
Whitby
Rdfr. What more do you want from me? LoL
Aug 20, 2018
194 posts
630 upvotes
Totally agree with @redflagdealsguy - all joking aside, I really hope some people looking at this thread find a budget solution - be it “zero based” or just creating and working with a budget.

Good luck.

And, of course, ask for help and advice (even on here) if you think you need it.

It’s a tough world.
Nov 13, 2018
594 posts
1373 upvotes
I've been using YNAB for like 5 years. Great program / philosophy.
Sep 4, 2015
31 posts
34 upvotes
Madden, AB
I'm a convert. I had no clue what I was doing until I discovered it.
Mar 6, 2019
215 posts
245 upvotes
Cannot comment on the book, but I used the YNAB service, found it insanely overpriced for what it does. An Excel/Google Sheet does the same thing minus banking integration (which I would avoid), and costs $0.00 as opposed to $120/year.
Oct 2, 2019
17 posts
9 upvotes
Has done wonders for me in the past 6 months. Would recommend it to anyone looking to pay off loans or build up savings.
Oct 30, 2012
337 posts
662 upvotes
Started using the YNAB service about 4 years ago and can't recommend it enough.

I was insanely bad with my finances prior to using it and since then I've multiplied my net worth by 30!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1824 posts
857 upvotes
Home
mrkdwd wrote: Started using the YNAB service about 4 years ago and can't recommend it enough.

I was insanely bad with my finances prior to using it and since then I've multiplied my net worth by 30!
The first $30 are the hardest they say.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1491 posts
783 upvotes
Montreal
Don't do it. RFD needs you to keep buying stuff.

IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Jun 21, 2011
108 posts
37 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks. Bought 1. I bought the app but was t able to figure it out.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10403 posts
1701 upvotes
I will give you 2 tips for free (yes, please upvote instead of paying me)

2 different methods to break paycheck-by-paycheck

1.... quit your job... can't be living paycheck by paycheck if you don't get paycheck in the first place.

2... marrying rich. although that highly depending on what you look like..... or your gender.... sorry ugly guys!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19810 posts
7265 upvotes
Socially Distanced
My budget is insufficient to cover the cost of this e-book.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Apr 29, 2013
400 posts
588 upvotes
Candiac
I've been using YNAB for a couple of years now and can honestly say it has completely changed my financial situation. I have no surprises ever when a bill comes up and have the funds to roll with the punches if an emergency does come up. It takes some getting used to but after a month or two you'll wonder how you've ever did without. I've recommended it to my parents who also love it. I sill use the old version which doesn't require a subscription, but if it stopped working for some reason, I would not hesitate for a second pay for a subscription. Could you build an excel spreadsheet that does the same thing ? I guess so, but it would never be as easy to use as the app and I don't have days to lose trying to figure out how to program anything remotely like this in Excel. Anyways I have no idea if the book is worh it, but their service definitely is.
Aug 26, 2019
276 posts
261 upvotes
The6ix
#1 tip on how to save money: have no friends.