Shopping Discussion

Amazon.ca, "Your parcel may be lost", wheres the exact tracking route details until it got lost? How is this possible?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 4:46 pm
[OP]
Jun 26, 2020
10 posts

Amazon.ca, "Your parcel may be lost", wheres the exact tracking route details until it got lost? How is this possible?

WOW amazon.ca fails when it comes to tracking details. Its a piece of cake ordering on ebay because the seller provides a tracking number that shows the exact details of the route your package is travelling to.

I placed an order on jun 16, 2020 that was expected for delivery on june 22, then around june 24 I noticed this message when clicking track package, "Your parcel may be lost. We're very sorry that your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now." Why so soon they would declare my package lost and that i'm entitled for a refund since june 24 when I placed that order only 8 days prior? Shouldn't they have waited at least 30 days after order placed not 8 days because what if I receive it any day now?

Then when I select see all updates this is the only info that shows on their site with no details of the exact route my package took until it got lost- "Delivery By Canada Post
Tracking ID: 1025282167443784
Wednesday, 17 June
Package has shipped"

BUT when I enter that tracking number on Canada post tracking this message shows up-
"Tracking numbers
We didn’t find an item associated with this number."

Why does this tracking number not exist on Canada post tracking when it does exist on amazon.ca?
Why don't amazon.ca have details showing the exact route my package travelled until it got lost?

Based on this post, is there any chance amazon.ca did not ship my package at all for whatever reason? Maby because I got free shipping over $35 and did not pay for prime or did not pay for a higher shipping rate?
Last edited by domrem on Jul 4th, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Amazon.ca, "Your parcel may be lost", wheres the exact tracking route details?
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6670 posts
6645 upvotes
That sucks. I've ordered hundreds of items from Amazon and that's never happened to me.

The tracking numbers have always worked for me - and the one time Amazon said it might be lost, they were right and it was Canada Post that lost the package. I got a refund right away and had the option for them to re-send the item.

Just chat in, they will either replace the order or refund your money. If you're lucky, you might even receive the item after already getting a refund for it.

Based on your post, it sounds like they messed up the label. Perhaps the original label was somehow cancelled and it got sent out with a phantom label
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
My understanding it that this is more likely an issue with CP not Amazon; they are still a bit behind - based on other threads
My guess is Amazon dropped off the package but it wasn't registered one way or another at CP's distribution centre

It can be frustrating but just request a refund
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3757 posts
2437 upvotes
London
could also be that the package is coming from one of the us warehouses. the tracking dont kick in till after it hits Mississauga its probably just heavily delayed because of the covid.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2020
10 posts
Yes thanks, I know about the refund but I want to wait longer just in case it arrives, like a few more weeks. It makes me wonder why so soon they would declare my package lost and that i'm entitled for a refund since june 24 when I placed that order only 8 days prior on june 16 when what if I receive it any day now or next week? Wt??

If being shipped within Canada, I don't think the package has been waiting there 18 days now as to why it didn't appear on Canada post tracking info(but did on amazon.ca), or if being shipped from USA maby it hasn't passed through Canada Customs to allow Canada post to process it, maby thats it??

Yes I just checked my order, I think it was shipped from an Amazon seller in the United States because at top of my order details it shows "Amazon.com.ca, Inc.". Why oh why doesn't amazon.ca show the US tracking details or provide the US tracking # because it can show the exact route it traveled within US and provide the answer as to where my package is or where it got lost or if it arrived at Canada customs, since they don't maby that must mean some of their US sellers do not track amazon packages within the United States, I guess thats why theres no US tracking info?
Last edited by domrem on Jul 5th, 2020 12:50 am, edited 17 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3757 posts
2437 upvotes
London
domrem wrote: If any of the above posts may be the reason then that should mean Canada post must be late in processing my package thats why it didn't show up on their tracking info yet (but has on amazon.ca). but that can't be since its now july 4 (18 days after it was shipped), or if being shipped from USA it hasn't passed through Canada Customs to allow Canada post to receive it in order to process it, maby thats it??

Which ever case if it was shipped by a USA seller, certainly they ship it by tracking within USA for certain, but theres no tracking details on amazon.ca showing the route it has traveled within USA before going to Can. Customs and they don't show the USA tracking number. Amazon.ca only shows a Canada post tracking #. At least amazon.ca should provide way better tracking details if the package is being shipped from USA as to the precise route my package took while in USA or in Canada but they as a super huge website lack this, quite surprisingly.
when amazon transfer stuff up from there us warehouses they don't stop it by a standard shipping company they use one of there own tracks to bring it up.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2971 posts
1620 upvotes
B.C.
aaron158 wrote: when amazon transfer stuff up from there us warehouses they don't stop it by a standard shipping company they use one of there own tracks to bring it up.
Plus I think they'll also use their own trucks to transfer it to the nearest sorting location for Canada Post (or CP is asking amazon to spread it around).
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2451 posts
737 upvotes
GTA
I've had that message a few times, and 2 times the package arrived with CP a few weeks late. The other times I received a refund or a reorder. Seemed to happen at the handoff between USPS and CP when things get "lost". This has also happened twice when I ordered directly from a vendor in the US. The USPS tracking id doesn't help me, and CP didn't seem to get the packages so they were in limbo with CP and I never received them and had to ask for credit card chargebacks.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1584 posts
1077 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just happened to me as well. Not lost though, but also from warehouse and was automatically refunded once it arrived back to the warehouse.

Apparently Amazon was using this company called Intelcom for my 3 shipments in June. 33% failed delivery rate is not good especially when every other delivery companies never failed to deliver my order. Amazon should have just used their own Prime delivery company instead of some unreliable 3rd party shipping company. I didn't know it was possible shipping company gets to choose to not deliver a parcel.

What Amazon should have done is resend it after it got returned to the warehouse and not use that particular delivery company.
Oct 7, 2003
433 posts
222 upvotes
well thats not good cuz my most recent order is being handled by this Intelcom delivery company (which btw misspelt courier in their name)
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
2555 posts
156 upvotes
I was about to say perhaps it's not a Canada Post tracking number. You can try with Purolator or Intelcom (they have their own tracking/shipping).

spiritsBB, this happened here in Ontario as well. Amazon routinely reviews them and then redirects back to CP or Purolator when Intelcom stops delivering and lays off employees. Amazon is working to provide their own shipping solutions.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47763 posts
8471 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The message is probably automatic - if CP doesn't scan the barcode within X days, it will say it's probably lost, just take your money back. The tracking number doesn't exist in CP system precisely because they haven't scanned it yet.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6670 posts
6645 upvotes
spiritsBB wrote: Just happened to me as well. Not lost though, but also from warehouse and was automatically refunded once it arrived back to the warehouse.

Apparently Amazon was using this company called Intelcom for my 3 shipments in June. 33% failed delivery rate is not good especially when every other delivery companies never failed to deliver my order. Amazon should have just used their own Prime delivery company instead of some unreliable 3rd party shipping company. I didn't know it was possible shipping company gets to choose to not deliver a parcel.

What Amazon should have done is resend it after it got returned to the warehouse and not use that particular delivery company.
Intercom is Amazon's Prime delivery company, at least in Ontario.

Never had an issue with them over hundreds of orders - they deliver right to the door and usually arrives next-day, even on weekends. You probably just had a bad driver

The only packages that were ever lost were though Canada Post.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13031 posts
8271 upvotes
Markham
I had this recently. Ordered from amazon and it's shipped from US. FedEx delivered to Quebec and then gave to Canada post. I guessed because CP was so busy, so I didn't get package until 1 month late after supposed delivery time, but amazon showed the package is lost although I finally got it

I guess the way how it works is amazon has its estimated delivery time, if package is not delivered on that time , amazon will extend delivery date say 1 week or 2 weeks, if it's still not delivered, the amazon count it as lost, so you can request refund
It's probably a refund process, not necessarily package actually lost
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1332 posts
902 upvotes
London, On
Sw0op wrote: well thats not good cuz my most recent order is being handled by this Intelcom delivery company (which btw misspelt courier in their name)
Have you ever heard of the French language? Intelcom is based in Montreal and courrier is courier in French.
Last edited by djeffery on Jul 5th, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1332 posts
902 upvotes
London, On
KanataKG wrote: Intercom is Amazon's Prime delivery company, at least in Ontario.

Never had an issue with them over hundreds of orders - they deliver right to the door and usually arrives next-day, even on weekends. You probably just had a bad driver

The only packages that were ever lost were though Canada Post.
Intelcom is one of the many courier companies Amazon uses. They aren't everywhere in Ontario and Amazon also uses their own service in certain areas as well.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2020
10 posts
smartie wrote: I had this recently. Ordered from amazon and it's shipped from US. FedEx delivered to Quebec and then gave to Canada post. I guessed because CP was so busy, so I didn't get package until 1 month late after supposed delivery time, but amazon showed the package is lost although I finally got it

I guess the way how it works is amazon has its estimated delivery time, if package is not delivered on that time , amazon will extend delivery date say 1 week or 2 weeks, if it's still not delivered, the amazon count it as lost, so you can request refund
It's probably a refund process, not necessarily package actually lost
Amazon needs to change that policy because packages can get slowed down and this does happen even often, so they shouldn't declare a package lost if its only been 1 or 2 weeks, maby 30 or 45 days later not 1 or 2 weeks, they are leaving not much room if that package has been slowed down and placed in a bin for some time.

As well as there is a huge flaw in the tracking system. They need to record more precise details of the exact route a package is travelling starting from exactly where it was first scanned, in what state or city in any and all countries, so they can provide a more precise accurate explanation as to where a package is or at what point it got lost or in waiting.

The refund as of now I don't care about, I want my stuff and this is all I got on their site-

"Delivery By Canada Post
Wednesday, 17 June
Package has shipped"

NOTE- It should of stated exactly where my package was shipped from (was it shipped from US, or Canada if so which state or city?), and what was suppose to be the next destination scan then that would of provided at what point it got lost if it did.
Last edited by domrem on Jul 5th, 2020 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13031 posts
8271 upvotes
Markham
domrem wrote: Amazon needs to change that policy because packages can get slowed down or back hauled and this does happen even often, so they shouldn't declare a package lost if its only been 1 or 2 weeks, maby 30 or 45 days later not 1 or 2 weeks, thats a little ridiculous.

As well as there is a HUGE flaw in the tracking system, its 2020 not 1920. They need to record more precise details of the exact route a package is travelling in any and all countries, so they can provide a more precise accurate explanation as to where my package is, is it in Canada customs, or which state was the last one that scanned it, was it stolen, where, if it was shipped within Canada then why oh why didn't Canada post scan it yet since its been 19 days, or maby my package wasn't shipped at all?

The refund as of now I don't care about, I want my stuff and their inaccurate tracking system that declared my package lost in 8 days doesn't provide me an answer as to what in fact happened to my package. This is all I got on their site-

"Delivery By Canada Post
Wednesday, 17 June
Package has shipped"

"Your parcel may be lost. We're very sorry that your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now."

NOTE- It should of stated exactly where it was shipped from (was it shipped in US, if so which state?), and what was suppose to be the next destination scan then that would of provided at what point it got lost if it did.
It's not just amazon, it's also the carriers who deliver those packages

For example, if Canada post doesn't tell amazon where the package is, what amazon should tell you? "We don't know "?

Logistics is an end to end process which includes a lot parties. We all hope everything is transparent, just say it's unfair just blame amazon
Nov 18, 2009
81 posts
35 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Post screenshot. Your incessant whining does nothing to help your problem. Also post info about the seller. You keep insisting it's Amazon's fault. It may not be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)