Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zebra F-701 Stainless Steel Pen, 0.7mm, Black Ink - $5.48

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 11:55 am
Apr 16, 2019
322 posts
265 upvotes
I bought it last July for $5.30. Great pen for the money.
Nov 18, 2013
320 posts
323 upvotes
White Rock, BC
it's a great pen for the price. And it's actually a capable self-defense tactical pen. I actually have it in each of my jackets that I often wear due to the line of work I do, it came in handy a couple of times.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9476 posts
5173 upvotes
rextexaco wrote: Think this pen could kill a person, you know, in self defense?
Cop: You have a weapon in your hands.

Loose reference:
Jul 13, 2016
249 posts
368 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: Great pen. Looks like they made the top cap metal as well, used to be black plastic.
Years and years ago I did the mod where you take the metal tip and clicking mechanism from a different model Zebra pen to Frankenstein up one with an all metal exterior. I did the space pen cartridge too so it isn't my nicest pen to write with but it sure is tough.

Edit: found it https://clickypost.com/blog/2015/2/1/ho ... ebra-f-701
Sep 2, 2017
641 posts
514 upvotes
Ontario
redkulat wrote: Will it work in space?
With the Fisher Space Pen refill that is a perfect fit it will.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9476 posts
5173 upvotes
redkulat wrote: Will it work in space?
"work" as in for John or for mere mortals?

On the topic of pens...I've always found pen spinning rather uselessly fascinating:
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1757 posts
615 upvotes
BC
Amazon is the worst (worse than ebay by just a little bit) for incorrect product info. Title and summary says 0.7mm tip, but picture clearly shows 0.8mm. Product matrix table at the bottom also says 0.8mm. How hard is it for people to do their jobs properly? How do these errors persist for over 5 years without correction? Blows my mind.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Sep 2, 2017
641 posts
514 upvotes
Ontario
Timbo420 wrote: Amazon is the worst (worse than ebay by just a little bit) for incorrect product info. Title and summary says 0.7mm tip, but picture clearly shows 0.8mm. Product matrix table at the bottom also says 0.8mm. How hard is it for people to do their jobs properly? How do these errors persist for over 5 years without correction? Blows my mind.
Bezos would lose a lot of money if he hired some people to read over the reported incorrect info reports and make corrections Disappointed But Relieved Face
Sep 2, 2009
739 posts
480 upvotes
Ottawa
Sci007642 wrote: John Wick killed a guy with a f****G pencil, imagine what he can do with this pen? Probably could END world war 3

Tempted to buy one but always keep loosing my pens to strangers at work!
Fixed
Mar 26, 2004
242 posts
120 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordered along with some notebooks as that is another thing I overlooked for wfh.
Sep 16, 2011
229 posts
195 upvotes
Lethbridge
chinesedevil wrote: Great pen. Looks like they made the top cap metal as well, used to be black plastic.
Oh my god, yes! I bought the Zebra F-402 for parts to swap over to the 701 because of that. Left a couple scratch marks on it as a result of it being tough to take apart (well made). Gonna get a couple of the new 701's I think.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9216 posts
1999 upvotes
Toronto
seriosbrad wrote: Oh my god, yes! I bought the Zebra F-402 for parts to swap over to the 701 because of that. Left a couple scratch marks on it as a result of it being tough to take apart (well made). Gonna get a couple of the new 701's I think.
I have the F-402 as well. It was disappointing the original F-701 that I have didn't have a metal cap but I don't use it enough to warrant doing the swap.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1343 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
TheSheldor wrote: Why would you choose ballpoint over a rollerball or fountain pen? I really don't think $6 for a ballpoint can ever be considered a good deal.

I'm not trying to offend any ballpoint fans (if those even exist) but I'm just curious and wanted to start a discussion.
I am left handed and can never use a rollerball or fountain pen. When you are writing English with your left hand you are pushing the pen instead of pulling it. With a rollerball or fountain pen the paper is going to have a bunch of holes on it. A ballpoint pen works much better when writing this way.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4967 posts
4595 upvotes
Chingyul wrote: Solid pen.
You can replace the refill with a Fisher Space Pen cartridge (if you need that kind of thing...)
Could you provide a link please