Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Zebra Pen 48310 Fountain Pen, Fine Point, 0.6mm, Black, 12-Count - $4.82

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2019 2:23 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
716 posts
176 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon Canada] Zebra Pen 48310 Fountain Pen, Fine Point, 0.6mm, Black, 12-Count - $4.82

Zebra Pen
Zebra Pen 48310 Fountain Pen, Fine Point, 0.6mm, Black, Non-Toxic Ink, 12-Count

https://www.amazon.ca/Zebra-Pen-48310-F ... way&sr=8-8

Box of 12, works out to less than 45 cents per fountain pen! Great for fun. These are made in a China.

I paid $5.62! Feel I need to buy another box to lower the average cost.
35 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11988 posts
2870 upvotes
Ottawa
chestnut wrote:
May 16th, 2019 6:12 pm
I paid $5.62! Feel I need to buy another box to lower the average cost.
If you buy 10 more boxes you'll lower your average cost to $4.89 per box. Do it :)
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 25, 2017
849 posts
642 upvotes
How are they? Might grab a pack just because it's nice and cheap.

Edit: just noticed that it ships 1-2 months??!? I don't have prime so wouldn't it delay my order for a month or two?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
2959 posts
2067 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Such a deal, except I don't even use fountain pens. Still tempted to order...sigh RFD curse.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11988 posts
2870 upvotes
Ottawa
I need a lot of cheap pens around the house but I'm not sure if cheap fountain pens would be a good idea.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
716 posts
176 upvotes
Markham
I got a pack; they are serviceable - great for travel and general usage. Compared to a Pilot Metro or Lamy Safari - probably a tad "crappier", but writes well enough; haven't had hard starts or ink flow issues.

The casing seems to be sealed and don't see a slot for a needle fill.

A review on youtube (blue ink):

Your text to link here...

If you factor in price at under 50 cents a pen - pretty much can't be beat!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4467 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
chestnut wrote:
May 16th, 2019 7:31 pm
I got a pack; they are serviceable - great for travel and general usage. Compared to a Pilot Metro or Lamy Safari - probably less stiff than either; haven't had hard starts or ink flow issues.

The casing seems to be sealed and don't see a slot for a needle fill.

A review on youtube (blue ink):

Your text to link here...

If you factor in price at under 50 cents a pen - pretty much can't be beat!
It's a really good price, but I'd just feel bad about pens like that being disposable. There's nothing actually "disposable" about it other than that they deliberately haven't given you a way to refill them, even though that would be easy. Personally I'd get a Platinum Preppy for the same price and refill it.
Dec 16, 2017
9 posts
32 upvotes
Heads up!

Got these on sale before through Amazon. When I got them, each and every one was as dry as a bone.

Save yourself the return process, not worth the price and having to send back. That’s my 4.82 cents worth. And don’t stock up because they don’t keep forever.
Mar 25, 2009
732 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Great find. Let’s hope the majority of the pens in the box are usable (not dry)
May 9, 2014
274 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nayroin wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:14 pm
Heads up!

Got these on sale before through Amazon. When I got them, each and every one was as dry as a bone.

Save yourself the return process, not worth the price and having to send back. That’s my 4.82 cents worth. And don’t stock up because they don’t keep forever.
Usually ship within 1-2 months. LOL
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
716 posts
176 upvotes
Markham
I had good luck. The box I got were fine, no dry pens. Gave them away to colleagues to try fountain pens. Reason it’s 1 to 2 months shipping is I got the last box and posted when they arrived (after a price drop).
Jan 27, 2005
293 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Manatus wrote:
May 16th, 2019 7:35 pm
It's a really good price, but I'd just feel bad about pens like that being disposable. There's nothing actually "disposable" about it other than that they deliberately haven't given you a way to refill them, even though that would be easy. Personally I'd get a Platinum Preppy for the same price and refill it.
+1

If you really want to get into fountain pens do your research and get your hands on some before you buy. If not you are going to end up with a drawer full of ink, pens and paper. Don't ask me how i know.
Jul 22, 2017
228 posts
138 upvotes
Pingu in the city
Just want to add in that, these Zebra nibs can be saved and can snap onto some of the cheapo generic piston fountain pen (Lamy style flat clipped-on nib ones) on eBay. If you are into nibs or making your own stub/italics nibs, make sure you save those parts. :)
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
4% rule FIRE