Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zhiyun Smooth 4 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer - No Tax - Free Ship - $129

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3437 posts
2711 upvotes
No Bum Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zhiyun Smooth 4 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer - No Tax - Free Ship - $129

Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer

No Tax
Free 2-3 day Ship

Makes a good deal.
Third party verified sellers.
Multiple third party sellers are selling at this price.
Don't forget ebates.

Will it go lower on Prime day? Maybe, but this is a banker. You can always return it.

Image

Image
Last edited by pooper on Jul 11th, 2019 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
19 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 15, 2018
114 posts
55 upvotes
I just got this same one on June 29 for CDN$ 118.15 no tax Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Images
  • rfd.JPG
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3437 posts
2711 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Teodore wrote: I just got this same one on June 29 for CDN$ 118.15 no tax Smiling Face With Sunglasses
That's a good deal. I was keeping an eye out for the price drop but missed that lightning deal.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6407 posts
5759 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I find that the Smooth Q and its selfie mode is better if you plan on using an action cam / wide field of view - where the arm is caught in the recording

I loved the smooth 4 but had to return it for the above reason. Apart from that, pretty good deal!
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3437 posts
2711 upvotes
No Bum Deals
williamsauga wrote: are these waterproof?
Not really.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2134 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
I've had and sold off a few gimbals... I want one everytime one goes on sale, but then never use it cause it's such a hassle and not worth bringing for 'smooth' footage.

What do you/current owners/buyers plan on doing/shooting with it that you need it stabilized?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3437 posts
2711 upvotes
No Bum Deals
vtse wrote: I've had and sold off a few gimbals... I want one everytime one goes on sale, but then never use it cause it's such a hassle and not worth bringing for 'smooth' footage.

What do you/current owners/buyers plan on doing/shooting with it that you need it stabilized?
We've been doing some work related stuff with our existing gimbal. Walkthroughs, promos etc.
I've done some nice outdoorsie stuff with my kids too.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2134 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote: We've been doing some work related stuff with our existing gimbal. Walkthroughs, promos etc.
I've done some nice outdoorsie stuff with my kids too.
Ah, for a business use case, I can see that. Just too much of a hassle for me personally to use over being handheld and a mini tripod.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3437 posts
2711 upvotes
No Bum Deals
vtse wrote: Ah, for a business use case, I can see that. Just too much of a hassle for me personally to use over being handheld and a mini tripod.
Yeah I get you.

More of a play thing. Minimal use but when I do need them they are handy.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Member
Jun 7, 2013
264 posts
207 upvotes
Mascouche
vtse wrote: I've had and sold off a few gimbals... I want one everytime one goes on sale, but then never use it cause it's such a hassle and not worth bringing for 'smooth' footage.

What do you/current owners/buyers plan on doing/shooting with it that you need it stabilized?
I have this unit along with a P20 Pro. I m using it right now on our trip while I m walking / make panoramic shots or want to film something from a standing position. I m mainly filming at either 1080p/60 fps of 4k/30fps. Once we ll be back home, I will put the best shots in Davinci Resolve. With some color balancing + slowing down to 30 fps the 60 fps sequences I ll have some nice shots.

Side note, while my phone is supposedly well supported with the gimbal's software, it ain't, so I m mostly using the phone's own photo/video software by activating the recording on the phone's screen. I don t use much the bluetooth feature to have access to the vurtons on the gimbal... The hardware itself (the gimbal...) is quite good otherwise.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2003
1171 posts
301 upvotes
vtse wrote: I've had and sold off a few gimbals... I want one everytime one goes on sale, but then never use it cause it's such a hassle and not worth bringing for 'smooth' footage.

What do you/current owners/buyers plan on doing/shooting with it that you need it stabilized?
yea, i bought mine and used it twice in 2 years
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2134 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinemaster wrote: I have this unit along with a P20 Pro. I m using it right now on our trip while I m walking / make panoramic shots or want to film something from a standing position. I m mainly filming at either 1080p/60 fps of 4k/30fps. Once we ll be back home, I will put the best shots in Davinci Resolve. With some color balancing + slowing down to 30 fps the 60 fps sequences I ll have some nice shots.

Side note, while my phone is supposedly well supported with the gimbal's software, it ain't, so I m mostly using the phone's own photo/video software by activating the recording on the phone's screen. I don t use much the bluetooth feature to have access to the vurtons on the gimbal... The hardware itself (the gimbal...) is quite good otherwise.
Ah, I envy the discipline you have to do that! What do you do with the end results usually?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2134 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
JustinZ wrote: yea, i bought mine and used it twice in 2 years
Right?! But for some reason feel the urge to still get one knowing I won’t use it...

Not sure if cause on sale or just the idea of having a gimbal... maybe both.

Top