• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 12:22 am
[OP]
Dec 19, 2009
778 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal (phone) $118

Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal for phone. $118 (no tax) at Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BHK ... UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for a phone gimbal for some video I'll be shooting for my business. Came across this one and after some research it seems like good value at $118 total (no tax charged in Ontario). According to Camel (x3) the lowest it's ever been was $108 for 1 day. Otherwise it's hovered between $130-160 on Amazon since about August. Seems to to retail for $119USD.

It comes well reviewed: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... ne-gimbal/

Not a ridiculous deal but I was in the market for one and saw this on sale so figured I'd pass along in case anyone was also looking.
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 29th, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
15 replies
Aug 14, 2009
305 posts
232 upvotes
In December it was listed for $128 but had $45 in coupons, so came out to less than $85. Still not a bad deal, although DJI's most recent one can often be had for about $100.
[OP]
Dec 19, 2009
778 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa
trendless wrote: In December it was listed for $128 but had $45 in coupons, so came out to less than $85. Still not a bad deal, although DJI's most recent one can often be had for about $100.
Interesting - good to know. I literally just started looking for one so not familiar with the market for these. I also needed one pretty quickly so not able to wait for the absolute lowest price.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2733 posts
1211 upvotes
Sudbury
trendless wrote: In December it was listed for $128 but had $45 in coupons, so came out to less than $85. Still not a bad deal, although DJI's most recent one can often be had for about $100.
True story...it was $105 - $10 coupon about a month ago at Staples. Many of us jumped on it!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9536 posts
5270 upvotes
A lot of the time, I find well engineered hardware products fall short on their software support either on iOS or Android.

How's this with their app?
[OP]
Dec 19, 2009
778 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa
kanewtz wrote: True story...it was $105 - $10 coupon about a month ago at Staples. Many of us jumped on it!
With tax on the DJI one it would almost be the same price as this Zhiyun one with no tax. From my limited research it seems like people prefer the Zhiyun one over the DJI ones due to apps. The Smooth 4 also has a tripod feature FWIW.

Anyway, point is the $118 for the Zhiyun Smooth 4 isn't that hot....but solid value for what you get.
Aug 31, 2009
686 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
it works better on iphones than andoird. I have this model.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3461 posts
1475 upvotes
'Shwallywood
They keep bumping up the MSRP, I remember it being 128. I bought mine for $85 in december. I suppose prices do go up
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Sep 22, 2016
71 posts
64 upvotes
I have the Smooth 4, performs pretty well, holds charge really well as well. No complaints, it was a bit confusing to use at first but after a bit of practice and youtube tuts, pretty easy to get a hang of.
Mar 12, 2014
85 posts
45 upvotes
Markham
Software sucks and it is big does not fold.
Mar 28, 2008
408 posts
215 upvotes
I have this one. Its Android app has various glitches and cannot use the phone's wide angle camera. I ended up using it with the phone's stock camera app, which makes the gimbal's various bells and whistles useless.
Jun 7, 2013
252 posts
202 upvotes
Mascouche
chatbox wrote: A lot of the time, I find well engineered hardware products fall short on their software support either on iOS or Android.

How's this with their app?
I have this. I m using it with my P20 Pro. You are right, the hardware is excellent, but the software is not that solid. It improved since the launch of this, but it is lacking some features and stability (has a hard time to follow targets, response can be slow,...) . Often, I just turn on the device and use the stabilizer itself without using their software. Overall, I rate it 3.5/5. For 100$ it is good, when time will come to get something different, I will likely look somewhere else.
Jan 11, 2012
284 posts
111 upvotes
PORT ALBERNI
From what I can tell it's an improved Smooth Q released under their subsidiary. Same shell basically but with some improvements (from the reviews of it).
mikek33 wrote: Looks to be an earlier iteration.