Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Zinus 14 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame with Steel Slat Support / Mattress Foundation, King - $92.82

  • Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2022 9:37 pm
33 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2005
4398 posts
1851 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
I'm laying on one of these right now. Simple but supportive. Assembly on these Zinus frames is top notch.
Jr. Member
Jan 30, 2012
173 posts
158 upvotes
I'm also laying on one of these right now. Mine has the metal headboard though. Definitely recommend.
Sr. Member
May 28, 2011
859 posts
845 upvotes
been using these zinus frame for a few years, very good, no problems. good deal.


For other sizes of this frame not on sale, they usually have good prime day sales, so I would wait till then to purchase other sizes.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1935 posts
1164 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm very impressed with Zinus frame quality. I have the heftier version the Smartbase Elite one and its very well built. My old IKEA one all the welds let go on it. Even the mattress arent bad either.

I wanna get another one for my spare rooms but I dont wanna get another King mattress LOL
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5060 posts
4829 upvotes
No Bum Deals
nowitzki41 wrote: I'm also laying on one of these right now. Mine has the metal headboard though. Definitely recommend.
We have a few of these at the cottage with head boards. Decent enough.
"I need ammunition, not a ride."
©Zelensky 2022
Newbie
Dec 1, 2011
25 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
Do you need a box spring on top of this to support the mattress?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2005
4398 posts
1851 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
hshen wrote: Do you need a box spring on top of this to support the mattress?
No.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
2887 posts
47 upvotes
Definitely highly recommend Zinus metal frames.

The neat thing is, if you find the supports are starting to sag or bend - you can always just build your own wooden support beams with 1" gaps inbetween to basically support the middle sections.

Or just have thoes wooden additional supports in the middle cross section areas - and this thing last for years!!! Way way way sturdier than Ikea bedframes with their thin metal cross sections.
Newbie
Nov 6, 2021
8 posts
9 upvotes
I have two Zinus frames that have both exceeded my expectations. They are priced like Ikea (and cheaper on sale) but have higher quality and easier, more intuitive assembly.
Last edited by spixgen on May 20th, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2087 posts
390 upvotes
damn I need a queen :S
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Member
User avatar
Nov 10, 2007
236 posts
29 upvotes
I have something similar to this, which i bought off wayfair.

If i had to say two things about it, first, the leg on the side in the middle (the one seen from the first pic) is bending outward from the bottom, prob due to my weight, but im also NOT a heavy guy.

Second, my bed is on vinyl plank floors, and do to the bottom plastic of the legs, the bed will slide around.

Otherwise, it keeps me satisfied.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5161 posts
6049 upvotes
GTA
blazin_jay wrote: I have something similar to this, which i bought off wayfair.

If i had to say two things about it, first, the leg on the side in the middle (the one seen from the first pic) is bending outward from the bottom, prob due to my weight, but im also NOT a heavy guy.

Second, my bed is on vinyl plank floors, and do to the bottom plastic of the legs, the bed will slide around.

Otherwise, it keeps me satisfied.
Put some felt pads on them.
Newbie
Mar 24, 2016
81 posts
240 upvotes
If that TRYPICKUP7 code is still active, it'll drop the price down to $85s if you don't mind picking up.

This item is sold and shipped by Amazon so that code should work if still active.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2886 posts
1581 upvotes
Surrey
navapeers wrote: If that TRYPICKUP7 code is still active, it'll drop the price down to $85s if you don't mind picking up.

This item is sold and shipped by Amazon so that code should work if still active.
I don’t think it will be worth dragging this in car. These are heavy, get it delivered. Use that code for something else.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5060 posts
4829 upvotes
No Bum Deals
hshen wrote: Do you need a box spring on top of this to support the mattress?
Russell wrote: No.
No, as long as the mattress you buy isn’t very soft on its base. We had issues with Amazon purchased Serweet mattresses which didn’t have enough support on their underside and didn’t match well with the Zinus frames. They were shit mattreses much too soft even straight on the floor btw don’t buy them lol. Presently using IKEA Haugsvar which are way better.
"I need ammunition, not a ride."
©Zelensky 2022
Member
Oct 18, 2020
270 posts
417 upvotes
Can anyone recommend an affordable King size mattress to go with this?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1441 posts
915 upvotes
CALGARY
can we fix a headboard for this frame?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2015
617 posts
506 upvotes
Halton, ON
pooper wrote: No, as long as the mattress you buy isn’t very soft on its base. We had issues with Amazon purchased Serweet mattresses which didn’t have enough support on their underside and didn’t match well with the Zinus frames. They were shit mattreses much too soft even straight on the floor btw don’t buy them lol. Presently using IKEA Haugsvar which are way better.
Hey fellow RFDer, I'm using IKEA Haugsvar as well on my queen bed. It has sagged in the middle on one side. Any clues how to remedy that. Just bought last summer. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)