• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2021 9:32 am
[OP]
Banned
Sep 4, 2021
9 posts
50 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Zinus 14 Inch Platforma Bed Frame $111.53

• 14 Inch profile mattress foundation supports memory foam, spring, and hybrid mattresses
  • No box spring needed, mattress sold separately
  • Strong steel structure prevents sagging and increases mattress life
  • Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise-free use and non-slip tape on the wooden slats prevents your mattress from moving
Images
  • Screenshot at Sep 17 16-48-41.png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 17th, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title and cleaned up url
53 replies
Sep 25, 2015
687 posts
1410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did Zinus solve their bedbug problem at the factory ? I avoided Zinus products due to reviews mentioning bed bugs
Oct 22, 2007
278 posts
341 upvotes
This would make a good cheap pergola top.... with 4 4x4 posts and a nice flowing white sheet........
Dec 24, 2017
28 posts
36 upvotes
I have a ZInus that I've been happy with. Assembly required a little bit of brute force for misaligned parts, but once assembled it's sturdy and looks great. Have disassembled and moved twice and it has held up for 2+ years. Not this model, but speaking of Zinus reliability overall, since it's a ghost internet brand.
Jan 3, 2021
4 posts
18 upvotes
Not really a great deal as Zinus frequently discounts their products on Amazon... however, I just want to share my experience with this brand:
I have purchased several items from them when I moved into a bigger place last year (king foam mattress, queen bed frame & dining table) and I I'm pretty happy with what I got and was rather impressed with the packaging and assembly process. I definitely expected less in terms of quality for the price I paid. I would buy from them again and pick Zinus over structube or ikea.
Dec 12, 2019
154 posts
128 upvotes
We've got two zinus bed frames, definitely impressed with them. Good value... no bed bugs. We put Endy's on top of them, and pre-pandemic our guests would sleep well. The frames are holding up well now about 3 years in. I always recommend Zinus to new house owners looking to fill up their guest bedrooms or even their own.
May 30, 2021
218 posts
298 upvotes
I got a zinus bed frame when I moved in September to replace an older Ikea bedframe. Works well with my new Endy mattress. Really prefer this bedframe over the Ikea one I had
Jan 21, 2008
222 posts
260 upvotes
TorontoGT wrote: I would buy from them again and pick Zinus over structube or ikea.
I agree with this, gave Zonus a shot and have bought more. Consider them over IKEA.
Jul 30, 2010
246 posts
74 upvotes
Woodbridge
Can anyone elaborate on why Zinus over Ikea? I'm looking to buy a bed frame for queen size mattress in the next week or two
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1102 posts
1425 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I bought a bedframe maybe 6 months ago and ended up going with a wood one:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N8S ... =UTF8&th=1

The wood ones had much better reviews than the metal ones. Happy with the wood one so far. Hasn't broken during adult fun time, which apparently is a problem with the metal ones.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1261 posts
1254 upvotes
reddyflag wrote: I have a King-Size Elite SmartBase Zinus foundation for the condo:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00TGHI56Y/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

Very happy with both.
I also have the King Size Elite Smartbase as well, along with a 14" King Size Zinus Cooling Hybrid Foam/Spring Mattress and I have no complaints at all. No bed bugs. Best sleep of my life compared to the Coil Spring mattress I was using prior from Costco. For the price I paid for both items on sale, great value. They're bed frames are well built, heavy duty and and well constructed and the kicker, easy to assemble compared to IKEA items which you want to jump off a bridge, I was using a metal frame from IKEA where all the welds broke. Even though it was Made in China, its pretty good quality! Would buy Zinus stuff again

Just need to buy a nice headboard to match since I have the brackets bought awhile ago
Last edited by BenzDude11 on Sep 17th, 2021 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 9, 2012
48 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Good value! I'm still using my Zinus mattress (Queen 8" tall) and metal bed frame from July 2015. Will probably get a Zinus again if I'll ever need to replace it.
Dec 2, 2016
22 posts
22 upvotes
mark_98 wrote: Can anyone elaborate on why Zinus over Ikea? I'm looking to buy a bed frame for queen size mattress in the next week or two
I have bought both brands. Zinus over Ikea.
1) Competitively priced (zinus is usually cheaper)
2) quality (imo Ikea's bedrame is not as sturdy)
My wife and I prefer our zinus mattress over ikea
3) Ease (bedframe are easy to put together and require very few parts)
May 4, 2020
16 posts
31 upvotes
ON
mark_98 wrote: Can anyone elaborate on why Zinus over Ikea? I'm looking to buy a bed frame for queen size mattress in the next week or two
I purchased a Zinus smartbase mattress frame a long time ago. Keep in mind the Amazon price includes shipping. The assembly took a few minutes with no tools and was as simple as opening the box, prying the legs open, and then securing the frame with a few wingnut screws. Disassembly was just as easy. I believe an IKEA frame will take longer to assemble. Performance wise I haven't had any squeaking and the mattress support was fine. The only downside to the Zinus frame vs IKEA imo was how it looks, and since your mattress isn't secured or boxed in you may find that it slides around and you might have to adjust it once in a while.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1716 posts
1072 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: Did Zinus solve their bedbug problem at the factory ? I avoided Zinus products due to reviews mentioning bed bugs
Even if that was a thing, bedbugs don't do well with metal bed frames.

After dealing with my own bed bug problem, I was told by the exterminator to switch to metal.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31272 posts
1977 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Be careful buying bed frames from Amazon. Bought one about two years go, arrived with my shipping label partly over someone elses. Looked like it had been open and used. Shipped it right back. Sure don't want a bed frame that has been in someone else's house.
Oct 15, 2006
162 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond
happy to hear the reviews are consistent with Amazon ones. bought a full and a king wood frame last week.
Mar 23, 2017
752 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
BillyBill wrote: I bought a bedframe maybe 6 months ago and ended up going with a wood one:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N8S ... =UTF8&th=1

The wood ones had much better reviews than the metal ones. Happy with the wood one so far. Hasn't broken during adult fun time, which apparently is a problem with the metal ones.

One of my biggest fears is the bed collapsing while my dog is hiding from a thunderstorm. Was considering the frame, but that's not so reassuring
Sep 16, 2021
1 posts
Very easy to assemble with minimal issues. doesn't seem to squeak or wobble so it's safe for all activities. and It looks perfect as well.