Zinus 14 Inch Platforma Bed Frame $111.53

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2021 9:32 am
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31333 posts
2000 upvotes
Fernando Poo
pauldryan wrote: I sure hope that you never have to stay in a hotel since there's a pretty fair chance someone (or a whole bunch of someones) probably slept on the mattress (never mind the bed frame). And you might want to avoid dating, who knows if someone was there before you.
With your attitude and thinking enjoy your bed bugs.
Let's go RFDs.
Dec 22, 2018
38 posts
111 upvotes
I have two Zinus platforms and one Zinus mattress. No issues with any of them. The platforms are good value for the money and very easy to assemble.
Nov 25, 2014
630 posts
725 upvotes
DrewPC wrote: I have two Zinus platforms and one Zinus mattress. No issues with any of them. The platforms are good value for the money and very easy to assemble.
Some are good, some are bad. Depends on the design
Jul 2, 2019
1 posts
I'd opt for the smartbase versions of these - all assembled and disassembled in 5 minutes tops!
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11037 posts
1205 upvotes
GVR
Tropicocity wrote: I'd opt for the smartbase versions of these - all assembled and disassembled in 5 minutes tops!
Any more insight/suggestions on whichframe to get?

I am currently frameless and feel so weird sleeping on the floor. I have a double bed I want to get a frame for, but also this will become my guest room bed within a year - so going from everyday use to irregular. Every bed I've ever had, had a headboard... what do all these frames without any headboard do? Are those just not a thing anymore!?
Aug 25, 2019
722 posts
746 upvotes
So how much Clearance under a queen frame?
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
May 22, 2014
467 posts
342 upvotes
does this creak or squeak for adult pillowfights
Dec 17, 2008
164 posts
38 upvotes
Be careful. Most foam mattress warranties demand no more than 3" between slats and the slats need to be no less than 2". Looks like way more than 3" between metal slats.
Mar 2, 2011
503 posts
256 upvotes
West
Built ours tonight. Might have to return it because the mattress slides easily on top.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10503 posts
2120 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: One of my biggest fears is the bed collapsing while my dog is hiding from a thunderstorm. Was considering the frame, but that's not so reassuring
I am sure the cost of the dogs injury to the vet or death will cost more than saving from buying a cheap bed frame. Solid wood is the way to go.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10503 posts
2120 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Any more insight/suggestions on whichframe to get?

I am currently frameless and feel so weird sleeping on the floor. I have a double bed I want to get a frame for, but also this will become my guest room bed within a year - so going from everyday use to irregular. Every bed I've ever had, had a headboard... what do all these frames without any headboard do? Are those just not a thing anymore!?
Most new style dont have headboard. Old school beds still has headboard. Headboard cost extra money, so people dont pay for them anymore.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10503 posts
2120 upvotes
hagbard wrote: With your attitude and thinking enjoy your bed bugs.
That's ok if someone is there before him. Its bound to happen.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10503 posts
2120 upvotes
ddr0531 wrote: I'm more comfortable with a bigger name brand mattress but I googled Sealy and Simmons with "glass fibre" and apparently they all use it (not sure if that's a good thing).

But what's this cover ppl keep taking off and exposing themselves to glass fibre shards? I've never had a mattress where there was a cover that I could take off... I buy an extra mattress protector and I wash from time to time.
The new stuff like Casper and Endy is better. The old school brands are pretty much bait and switch.
Mar 1, 2002
818 posts
243 upvotes
Any idea why there are 2 maximum weights: 250 pounds and 500 pounds?