Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ZOJI Zojirushi NP-HCC18XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.8 L, Stainless Dark Gray $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 6:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5876 posts
2266 upvotes
Kanata
I love the timer function, it finishes on the time you set, not when it starts. I never knew I'd love such a small feature. Though maybe every other rice cooker has it too, don't know..
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5343 posts
6179 upvotes
Alberta
lazy_prodigy wrote: https://ricecookeradvice.com/ih/zojirus ... capacities

What are its rice cooking capacities?

The 1-liter model can cook from a 1/2 cup to 5.5 cups of uncooked white rice. The 1.8-liter model can cook from 1 cup up to 10 cups of raw white rice.

Uncooked brown rice has slightly different capacity requirements. The NP-HCC10 cooks from 1 to 4 cups while the NP-HCC18 cooks from 2 to 8 cups.
It's a little deceiving. I have the same model in the 5.5 cup size. It's actually only 4 cups when cooking WHITE rice. I would assume it would be ~8 cups of white rice with this 10 cup model.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5247 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
This one doesn't have the umami function, right? Anything else missing?

Made in Japan White Heavy Check Mark
Induction heating White Heavy Check Mark
10 cups White Heavy Check Mark
Nov 23, 2012
451 posts
369 upvotes
Brossard
sonyHdr12 wrote: After 10 years waiting, finally order 1 , thanks op.
You are gonna go "whoa - why didn't I buy it sooner!*"

*budget consideration notwithstanding :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7044 posts
4901 upvotes
Ottawa
Longshot49 wrote: You are gonna go "whoa - why didn't I buy it sooner!*"

*budget consideration notwithstanding :)
I’m little bit upset they charged me tax with original price.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1231 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
would go to walmart and get the 49$ one, ****if you can find it
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1231 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
This one is made in japan, so I guess not directly comparable? Still seems a bit high for me. Idk, maybe someone whos been tracking more closely can chime in on if it is a good deal
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3586 posts
946 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just in time for my tiger rice cooker that died after 17 years. Let’s hope this lasts just as long!
Nov 20, 2009
621 posts
138 upvotes
The 1.8L and 1L models are the exact same price, I can't decide.
Both seem like plenty of capacity for our needs, any reason I should go for the larger size?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1099 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
fury420 wrote: The 1.8L and 1L models are the exact same price, I can't decide.
Both seem like plenty of capacity for our needs, any reason I should go for the larger size?
Been using 5 cups Panasonic for the last 10+ years for a family of 3. Never cooked more than 3 cups. I am buying the small one for our family. My in law has the big one for 7 people which she cooks 3-4 cups most of time and seems the cooker is still too big.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3999 posts
6227 upvotes
fury420 wrote: The 1.8L and 1L models are the exact same price, I can't decide.
Same issue with me..
I only need 1L. The size of 1.8L makes the machine a lot bigger for something I will never cook that much rice for.

So I went and bought from thebay. Find a ten bucks filler and use save code to get the smaller induction unit cheaper. Ends up being cheaper than amazon for the 1L model.

Honestly the trend is people are cutting down on white rice consumption in general.. I typically cook 2 and at most 3 cups if I have guests. Can't ever see needing the 1.8L to cook 5 cups of rice or more.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7044 posts
4901 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried to cancel my order, but it’s too late, anyway I ordered another one again with CF card(buy $500 Amazon gf at SDM)
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3154 posts
1334 upvotes
Thornhill
Is it better to wait for a better sale or is this as good as it gets?
Oct 3, 2006
156 posts
572 upvotes
Oakville
Is it worth it to get the 2 year kitchen protection plan? How does basic warranty work with Zojirushi?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7044 posts
4901 upvotes
Ottawa
Bencherstyle wrote: Is it better to wait for a better sale or is this as good as it gets?
I wait 10 years to get it such price, it’s up to you.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Nov 20, 2009
621 posts
138 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Same issue with me..
I only need 1L. The size of 1.8L makes the machine a lot bigger for something I will never cook that much rice for.

So I went and bought from thebay. Find a ten bucks filler and use save code to get the smaller induction unit cheaper. Ends up being cheaper than amazon for the 1L model.

Honestly the trend is people are cutting down on white rice consumption in general.. I typically cook 2 and at most 3 cups if I have guests. Can't ever see needing the 1.8L to cook 5 cups of rice or more.
Thanks for pointing out TheBay, promo code SAVE gives $100 off +$350 so it's ~$40 cheaper than Amazon after adding some filler

https://www.thebay.com/product/zojirush ... 39698.html

This seems to be the same "5 cup" / 1L induction model, although the photo is of the 1.8L.

Edit: The Bay now seems to be sold out of both the 5 and 10 cup induction models.
Last edited by fury420 on Aug 28th, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1173 posts
730 upvotes
Markham
JonathanSun wrote: This one is made in japan, so I guess not directly comparable? Still seems a bit high for me. Idk, maybe someone whos been tracking more closely can chime in on if it is a good deal
The walmart one is not induction heating.

This is a really good deal as the induction heating models are rarely this low.

For most people, the walmart one is fine, but I believe it is also 3 cup vs 5/10 cup here. This is a better investment for those eat rice everyday as the cooking is more uniform and consistent. These rice cookers are more of a luxury thing anyways, as most people can get by with a dirt cheap one or a pot really.