Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ZOJI Zojirushi NP-HCC18XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.8 L, Stainless Dark Gray $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 6:07 pm
Dec 10, 2006
866 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
fury420 wrote: Thanks for pointing out TheBay, promo code SAVE gives $100 off +$350 so it's ~$40 cheaper than Amazon after adding some filler

https://www.thebay.com/product/zojirush ... 39698.html

This seems to be the same "5 cup" / 1L induction model, although the photo is of the 1.8L.

Rakuten has 5% for the bay, making this the better deal.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18024 posts
10827 upvotes
Ottawa
fury420 wrote: The 1.8L and 1L models are the exact same price, I can't decide.
Both seem like plenty of capacity for our needs, any reason I should go for the larger size?
I would just go for the smaller one unless you have a very large family and/or entertain often.

I have the 3 cup and cook for family of 4
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Nov 18, 2020
66 posts
18 upvotes
Is the ns-zcc a good buy? Been looking for one of these for a while
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20481 posts
5849 upvotes
Scarberia
the bay one is only 5 cups right? im suprised the amazon link is not OOS yet...i guess not many peeps on rfd like to eat 'premium' rice Face With Tears Of Joy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
DrunkCPU wrote: Is it worth it to get the 2 year kitchen protection plan? How does basic warranty work with Zojirushi?
Use credit cards that extend warranty.

But in general. If you need to buy extended warranty on a rice cooker, you wouldn't be buying a zojirushi made in Japan model. Zojirushi made in Japan units are solid in reliability.

My fuzzy neuro zojirushi is like 15+ years old and still running.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: the bay one is only 5 cups right? im suprised the amazon link is not OOS yet...i guess not many peeps on rfd like to eat 'premium' rice Face With Tears Of Joy
Well zojirushi makes even cheap rice taste better in texture. They last a long time, it's a really small investment to pay if you enjoy eating rice.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2992 posts
1020 upvotes
Ottawa
In for one, even if I already have a perfectly good TIGER 5.5 cups rice cooker that I’ve been using for almost 10 years.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20481 posts
5849 upvotes
Scarberia
i should have gotten the 5cupper lol..i think 10cups is too much if u want only to eat fresh rice..u can always put leftover rice in fridge tho in tupperware but it defeats 'fresh soft fluffy rice!"
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3746 posts
2794 upvotes
YUL/YVR
AdamKing wrote: Wake me up when one of these top line IH+Micom badguys drop below $200. 3 to 5.5 cup's fine

* NP-NWC10
* NP-HCC10
* NP-GBC05
* NS-YAC10

I guess the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 could be had for $229 - $50 right now. But that one doesn't do brown rice.
AncasterRD wrote: I got NP-GBC05-XT gor $250, seems like a good price comparing to past deals. Only 3-cup, but that's enough for me. Thanks OP.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00IR8H2Z ... prod_image
Aside from the 5.5 vs 3 cup capacity, is there any other difference between the NP-HCC10 and NP-GBC05?

Anyone notice much difference in the absent of these functions?
- Extended heating
- Triple heater (bottom, side and lid) generate heat all around for even heating
- Detachable and washable stainless steel inner lid
Last edited by AdamKing on Aug 28th, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1051 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone got one that can provide a review?

I got the induction + Pressure cooker version, but unfortunately there's no steaming function for that one.

Is there a steam function for this one?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1234 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
Expliciate wrote: The walmart one is not induction heating.

This is a really good deal as the induction heating models are rarely this low.

For most people, the walmart one is fine, but I believe it is also 3 cup vs 5/10 cup here. This is a better investment for those eat rice everyday as the cooking is more uniform and consistent. These rice cookers are more of a luxury thing anyways, as most people can get by with a dirt cheap one or a pot really.
True. When you are an expert in any area, something that is $300 is a small expense
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
JonathanSun wrote: True. When you are an expert in any area, something that is $300 is a small expense
at the end of the day, it is just what type of quality you expect i guess...

people spend 1.8k buying 38 inch alienware monitors, some people spend hundreds of dollars on expresso machines :P I guess it depends how much you value quality rice :)
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15641 posts
6201 upvotes
Going back and forth between the NS-TSC10 and NS-ZCC10.

TSC is made in China but aesthetically looks "better" and is $160.

ZCC is made in Japan but white colour and $180.

Functionally they seem identical.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7046 posts
1591 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Been waiting for a good deal on this rice cooker so this is perfect timing. My 10 year old Tiger isn't working so well these days.
There's a sucker born every minute.
May 7, 2008
799 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
It is ridiculously difficult to find replacement pots at an affordable price in NA. Guess they just trying to get you to buy a new one.
b31770 wrote: I already have the Zojirushi NS-TSC10. Is there any point in getting an induction one?

Also where would I buy a replacement inner pot. Mine is starting to flake slightly.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5251 posts
7742 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Going back and forth between the NS-TSC10 and NS-ZCC10.

TSC is made in China but aesthetically looks "better" and is $160.

ZCC is made in Japan but white colour and $180.

Functionally they seem identical.
Yeah, I don't know if I need the induction heating, either. The NS-ZCC10 seems to be the best bet. Anyone know if induction heating makes a big difference or no for rice?
Jul 13, 2016
636 posts
972 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
Can’t beat Made in Japan products. They are built to last.

I’ve had my Japanese Zoshirushi induction rice cooker for over 10 years now. Working strong. Bought mine in Japan and bought one of those voltage boxes to accommodate the different volts.

This is a great price on Amazon.
Jan 14, 2014
110 posts
81 upvotes
I want to buy this, but my 15 year old Zoji rice maker won't die.

I also have a Zoji water boiler/warmer, and THAT won't die either.

I'm pretty sure that Zoji things don't wear out. Best brand ever.