Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ZOJI Zojirushi NP-HCC18XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.8 L, Stainless Dark Gray $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 6:07 pm
Nov 23, 2012
451 posts
369 upvotes
Brossard
Having bought both a 5 cup and 10 cup zojirushi rice cooker...

5 cups : plenty for family of 6-8 (okay maybe 6 with "seconds")

10 cups : when my family (22 people) get together... So I say if you are 8+ ... get the 10. Otherwise the 5 cups is plenty...

The engineering and thought that goes into their products (rice cooker/boiler/grill/bottle) is really outstanding and makes you wonder why other electronics aren't "thought off" the same way...
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17159 posts
7035 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Is there a significant difference between induction and Micom?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
May 27, 2007
16047 posts
4506 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: Is there a significant difference between induction and Micom?
I believe all "Induction" Zoji's use micom technology. While cookers labeled as "Micom" use conventional heating.
Personally I would only spend money on the Induction models (they're all made in Japan). The difference in price is not even that big, might as well get the better cooker.

https://www.zojirushi.com/app/category/rice-cookers

My Zoji from 7+ years ago is still looking and functions like brand new. Worth the investment for rice lovers.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17159 posts
7035 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
AcidBomber wrote: I believe all "Induction" Zoji's use micom technology. While cookers labeled as "Micom" use conventional heating.
Personally I would only spend money on the Induction models (they're all made in Japan). The difference in price is not even that big, might as well get the better cooker.

https://www.zojirushi.com/app/category/rice-cookers

My Zoji from 7+ years ago is still looking and functions like brand new. Worth the investment for rice lovers.
Ehh $100 is pretty big imo. I have the NS-ZCC10 one right now which isn't induction and am pretty satisfied with it. The quality of rice makes a difference in how good it tastes imo.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7049 posts
4903 upvotes
Ottawa
The first rice didn’t taste any better, maybe wife put too much water, we’ll see the next time.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1082 posts
1119 upvotes
Got my first Zoji in the mail on the 2nd... I got the 3-Cup induction -- package and packaging suprisingly hefty (good 1st impression)... Substantial instruction book. Cooker appears bigger than I thought.. Just unboxing now.. Hell, the Rice Scoop/spoon is even superior!! (speckled with texture to remove rice).

Can't imagine the size of the 10 'cup'..
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1082 posts
1119 upvotes
mobility1 wrote: I want to buy this, but my 15 year old Zoji rice maker won't die.

I also have a Zoji water boiler/warmer, and THAT won't die either.

I'm pretty sure that Zoji things don't wear out. Best brand ever.
I think they actually still manufacture to a standard that most major brands (NAmerican and Japanese) used to, back in the 80's or earlier. (yes, I'm getting old, but it's not that long ago -- 30+ years ago).
Stuff used to be made to last and repairable, or it didn't sell. Wasteful, disposable culture and products now... China and their philosophy of cutting corners to increase their profits/greed hasn't helped (nor our buying their stuff because it's the cheapest and enabling this either, I suppose).

Das