Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi $205, water boiling thingy commerical made JAPAN commercial 5L

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2021 6:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1129 posts
231 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi $205, water boiling thingy commerical made JAPAN commercial 5L

I saw a coupon on this and need a water boiler. Made in japan. 5L is big

https://www.amazon.ca/ZOJI-CD-LTC50-BA- ... 861&sr=8-2

Commercial countertop water boiler/warmer; no plumbing required
Generous 169-Ounce (5-liter) capacity, serves up to 21, 8oz. Cups
Keeps warm ar 208 degrees F (98C), 195 degrees F (90C), or 175 degrees F (80C) with convenient REBOIL feature
QUICK TEMP mode reaches 195 degrees F or 175 degrees F, keep warm directly without reaching a boil
Convenient 7-hour delay timer can be set up the previous night, for hot water ready the next morning
Last edited by Demon_Twinz on Jan 20th, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
93 replies
Sep 15, 2015
677 posts
492 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Thanks OP looks like a good price for a made in Japan boiler.

This is also available at Costco business one, at $202.59
Model: CD-LTC50
https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/zoj ... 19154.html

Probably better add water boiler in the title. I clicked in wonder if it is boiler or rice cooker...(I guess it was boiler cuz 5L

Edit: confirmed costco one is the same also made in japan. Thanks fellow rfders
Last edited by anshiren on Jan 20th, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jun 1, 2019
44 posts
34 upvotes
I have the same one. Been plugged in for 5 years and going strong.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4845 posts
1560 upvotes
In before the "why not use a $12 black and decker kettle instead?" flood of questions and ensuing debate!!!
Mar 17, 2014
602 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
thumbs up for "water boiling thingy" in the title!! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
I don't want to be "that guy" who will tell you that a $205 water boiling thingy isn't good enough or is not going to do the job, but If you are gonna spend this much I HIGHLY suggest spending the extra $ for a vacuum insulated model. Switched from a high end tiger VE model to a cheap non VE model, there was a significant amount of scaling and it had to work so much harder to keep the water hot. More heating-> more steam-> worse for cupboards.
Mar 14, 2009
45 posts
82 upvotes
Kelowna
kimwoobingsu wrote: I don't want to be "that guy" who will tell you that a $205 water boiling thingy isn't good enough or is not going to do the job, but If you are gonna spend this much I HIGHLY suggest spending the extra $ for a vacuum insulated model. Switched from a high end tiger VE model to a cheap non VE model, there was a significant amount of scaling and it had to work so much harder to keep the water hot. More heating-> more steam-> worse for cupboards.
I second the recommendation for the vacuum insulated version. I've had the Zojirushi 4L one for 3+ years. It's the most used kitchen appliance I have. Wouldn't want to be without it.
Oct 28, 2012
69 posts
57 upvotes
VICTORIA
SomeOtherDude wrote: In before the "why not use a $12 black and decker kettle instead?" flood of questions and ensuing debate!!!
Not to be ignorant, but to a layman it looks like a $205 kettle. What is the benefit of a water boiling thingy over a kettle?
Apr 30, 2020
134 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
if you drink hot beverages often, then it's always plugged in and ready to go when you want the water, you don't have to wait 5m for the water to boil as it's kept at the target temperature all day.
my gf is chinese and she uses one because her whole household is constantly drinking warm and hot water and tea.
Oct 1, 2017
41 posts
31 upvotes
Snake13 wrote: Not to be ignorant, but to a layman it looks like a $205 kettle. What is the benefit of a water boiling thingy over a kettle?
It keeps the water hot all day Smiling Face With Sunglasses so you don’t need to wait for water to boil whenever you want hot water for tea, drinks, whatever. I love mine, it’s great for those who use it Smiling Face With Sunglasses
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1129 posts
231 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I don't want to be "that guy" who will tell you that a $205 water boiling thingy isn't good enough or is not going to do the job, but If you are gonna spend this much I HIGHLY suggest spending the extra $ for a vacuum insulated model. Switched from a high end tiger VE model to a cheap non VE model, there was a significant amount of scaling and it had to work so much harder to keep the water hot. More heating-> more steam-> worse for cupboards.
So the Vacuum ones use far less energy? I don't need it to save a lot of electricity however your scaling comment is interesting.

Will the VE models reduce scaling? How much are they? I see them around $270
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Aug 28, 2013
461 posts
248 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have a similar model CV-DCC make sure the cable is close to your kettle or else its going to display error of HH. I love it though no need to wait for hot water in the morning.
Jan 3, 2021
2 posts
3 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Thanks OP looks like a good price for a made in Japan boiler.

This looks similar to Costco business one, at $202.59
but not sure costco one is made in Japan or not
model # same: Model: CD-LTC50

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/zoj ... 19154.html

Probably better add water boiler in the title. I clicked in wonder if it is boiler or rice cooker...(I guess it was boiler cuz 5L
In the pictures on the costco site it says made in Japan
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
Demon_Twinz wrote: So the Vacuum ones use far less energy? I don't need it to save a lot of electricity however your scaling comment is interesting.

Will the VE models reduce scaling? How much are they? I see them around $270
VE models will reduce the need to heat the water as often. There's a smaller 3L Tiger one for $153 with a $8 coupon, which is kind of like what I had before it broke due to abuse.
The Zoji ones cost more I think.

https://www.amazon.ca/Tiger-PIF-A30U-WU ... 015ZA1BM0/
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4845 posts
1560 upvotes
Snake13 wrote: Not to be ignorant, but to a layman it looks like a $205 kettle. What is the benefit of a water boiling thingy over a kettle?
for some reason, asian families tend to drink hot drinks most of the time.
So when you have a family of 4, it gets used a lot and the price tag is worth it. There's always someone drinking hot water or tea.
Without it, you'd have a regular kettle boiling and re-boiling 25 times per day, and that's probably more inefficient.

Caucasian-canadian families do tend to drink largely cold drinks, esp with ice, even in the winter, so I can understand they could not see the value in it.

Same reason why asians do not have high-priority on ice-makers too
Aug 28, 2013
461 posts
248 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dirkdigglr wrote: I have the same one. Been plugged in for 5 years and going strong.
5 years never unplugged? What a streak
Jan 16, 2007
992 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
It's definitely not about energy or money savings. It all about not waiting for water to boil and having the extra money in my pocket to burn. A little about status too, I have to admit. Won't catch me with a cheap knock off.
Nov 26, 2015
20 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SomeOtherDude wrote: for some reason, asian families tend to drink hot drinks most of the time.
So when you have a family of 4, it gets used a lot and the price tag is worth it. There's always someone drinking hot water or tea.
Without it, you'd have a regular kettle boiling and re-boiling 25 times per day, and that's probably more inefficient.

Caucasian-canadian families do tend to drink largely cold drinks, esp with ice, even in the winter, so I can understand they could not see the value in it.

Same reason why asians do not have high-priority on ice-makers too
This is very true. In Eastern medicine HOT/WARM drinks and food is good for health.
However in my family, my mom likes hot/warm drinks and I like cold drinks (takes after my dad).
I always wanna get one of these hot water thingy for her, but she doesn't allow me to coz it's pricey for single person use. Her routine now is boiling the water using a $12 kettle and storing it in her Thermos every morning. It keeps temperature quite well for at least 12 hours so it works for her.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4845 posts
1560 upvotes
I sadly had about a 10yr old zojirushi fail on me - It was a top of the line japan model too :(

woke up one morning and found it had no power.
noticed all the kitchen windows fogged up too, strangely
water had all disappeared from the boiler and it was bone dry
underside of the kitchen wall cabinet was all wet with dew drops (luckily it was melamine, so completely waterproof)

My best guess is that some sensor must have gone bad, and it just kept re-boiling overnight till all the water was gone and then finally fried itself. :(