Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Zojirushi M-KHE48PT Stainless Mug, 16-Ounce, Lavender/Pink $35.04

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 7:28 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2010
294 posts
229 upvotes
Brantford

[Amazon Canada] Zojirushi M-KHE48PT Stainless Mug, 16-Ounce, Lavender/Pink $35.04

This is the mug with a stainless steel interior.

Black is also on sale for $36.94.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1659 posts
616 upvotes
GTA
Black is $36.94

Been using the Stainless one for 1.5 years and so far its still looks like day 1.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4220 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up one of the 12 ounce blue ones as a Warehouse Deal for $22 (still had 20% off).
Jun 27, 2012
624 posts
478 upvotes
I've had one of these mugs for over a year and use it daily. It's a decent mug and it does keep your drink cold or hot for a really long time, like over 24 hours. It is a little expensive for what it is though. I don't think I'd recommend buying it for over $35.

One issue I have with it is that the liquid comes out really slow due to a very small mouthpiece so if you're driving it's hard to drink out of unless you remove the cap and are at a complete stop. Other than that, the outer wrap scruffs so easily making it look very worn, very quick. Even if you're extremely careful with it, you'll notice nicks happen frequently.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Nov 19, 2016
158 posts
69 upvotes
I've been waiting for the stainless steel to go on sale.. and waiting.. waiting ..waiting .
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1659 posts
616 upvotes
GTA
Saukrates wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 8:00 am
I've had one of these mugs for over a year and use it daily. It's a decent mug and it does keep your drink cold or hot for a really long time, like over 24 hours. It is a little expensive for what it is though. I don't think I'd recommend buying it for over $35.

One issue I have with it is that the liquid comes out really slow due to a very small mouthpiece so if you're driving it's hard to drink out of unless you remove the cap and are at a complete stop. Other than that, the outer wrap scruffs so easily making it look very worn, very quick. Even if you're extremely careful with it, you'll notice nicks happen frequently.
Spend a couple extra $$$ and get the stainless one for $39.99. Ive been using it for work for 1.5 years and the clear coat only has 1 minor blemish which was from when I went on vacation and stuffed the Zoji into my bag with my camera stuff (tripod scratched it).
Jul 21, 2007
510 posts
108 upvotes
Winnipeg
These mugs look good and do a great job keeping hot drinks hot, but I found it nearly impossible to clean the mouthpiece crannies properly.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2010
294 posts
229 upvotes
Brantford
hallieliu wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 7:29 am
20 oz matte gold is 37.98.
That one has a non-stick coating on the inside. Some people prefer the KHE series with stainless steel on the inside. I had one of the non-stick ones and the coating started to come off after a few years. Stainless steel should last forever.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1856 posts
1398 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
How well are the seals on holding odors? This is particulerly important for a heavy coffee & tea drinker.

Can you buy spare seals?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Jul 26, 2005
390 posts
36 upvotes
Canada
Manatus wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 7:57 am
Picked up one of the 12 ounce blue ones as a Warehouse Deal for $22 (still had 20% off).
Link to $22 blue one?
Nov 23, 2017
239 posts
586 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:20 am
How well are the seals on holding odors? This is particulerly important for a heavy coffee & tea drinker.
Normally use mine for water/ tea in the office.

Decided to fill it up with coffee one day, drank about 3/4 of the mug, I emptied it and washed it the next day. I was smelling disgusting stale coffee on the rubber for the better part of a week, despite washing and washing. It was gross, I don’t think I would recommend this for coffee. Tea is fine in this mug and I don’t typically have a problem with the smell on the seals. As long as you aren’t drinking a tea like lapsang souchong, then the smell shouldn’t linger.

Looking back, I probably should have cleaned it with baking soda or vinegar or something else instead of dish soap.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1856 posts
1398 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:36 am
Normally use mine for water/ tea in the office.

Decided to fill it up with coffee one day, drank about 3/4 of the mug, I emptied it and washed it the next day. I was smelling disgusting stale coffee on the rubber for the better part of a week, despite washing and washing. It was gross, I don’t think I would recommend this for coffee. Tea is fine in this mug and I don’t typically have a problem with the smell on the seals. As long as you aren’t drinking a tea like lapsang souchong, then the smell shouldn’t linger.

Looking back, I probably should have cleaned it with baking soda or vinegar or something else instead of dish soap.
Thus the reason why I like to look for extra seals and/or lids with anything like this as I can swap the seals for whatever drink I am using it for instead of buying extra mugs. Also to extend the life of the product into the future.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.