Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Zojirushi M-KHE48PT Stainless Mug, 16-Ounce, Lavender/Pink $35.04

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 7:28 pm
Oct 28, 2017
9 posts
4 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:36 am
Normally use mine for water/ tea in the office.

Decided to fill it up with coffee one day, drank about 3/4 of the mug, I emptied it and washed it the next day. I was smelling disgusting stale coffee on the rubber for the better part of a week, despite washing and washing. It was gross, I don’t think I would recommend this for coffee. Tea is fine in this mug and I don’t typically have a problem with the smell on the seals. As long as you aren’t drinking a tea like lapsang souchong, then the smell shouldn’t linger.

Looking back, I probably should have cleaned it with baking soda or vinegar or something else instead of dish soap.
I usually use it for hot water exclusively but my husband decided to put his coffee in it one day. Everything else afterwards tasted like coffee until I washed/soaked with a vinegar solution which removed the smell completely.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2010
296 posts
233 upvotes
Brantford
I find that filling the mug with hot water and a spoonful of OxiClean and letting it soak overnight gets it super clean inside. It looks like new afterwards. I usually do that a couple of times/year. It may help with the rubber as well.
Dec 18, 2017
63 posts
30 upvotes
If this mug is as good as the carafes they make, then oh boy it must be frigging amazing.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1538 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
Suitable for transporting home-made soups from home to work?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1122 posts
1030 upvotes
pk1234 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 11:39 am
If this mug is as good as the carafes they make, then oh boy it must be frigging amazing.
It is and I also own a Tiger stainless steel
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2198 posts
996 upvotes
North York
I've had mine for years and love it, Is there anywhere that sells replacement parts? Some of the silicone stuff are stained.
Dec 18, 2017
63 posts
30 upvotes
Omakase wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 1:35 pm
It is and I also own a Tiger stainless steel
That's re-assuring, because I went ahead and bought one of these mugs this morning.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4312 posts
1177 upvotes
Toronto
CHEAP_AZZ wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:25 am
Link to $22 blue one?
Looks like they sold out, sorry. The Warehouse Deals stock is hard to predict.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1305 posts
243 upvotes
Oshawa
KiraSensei wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 1:37 pm
I've had mine for years and love it, Is there anywhere that sells replacement parts? Some of the silicone stuff are stained.
Last time I looked up the replacement silicone prices, it didn’t seem worth it. Better to pay an extra $10 and get a whole new mug.
Dec 25, 2004
639 posts
42 upvotes
I got the new series with a double coating. The reviews on this mug are unreal, can’t wait for it to arrive!

ZOJI Zojirushi SM-TA60WA Stainless Mug Steel Vacuum Insulated, 20-Ounce, White
Dec 20, 2009
115 posts
32 upvotes
Maybe I'm just crazy but I bought one of these a while ago but coffee just doesn't taste great out of it.... I'm not sure what it is, maybe the lid design and not getting any of the aroma?
Aug 17, 2003
649 posts
22 upvotes
jonsey737 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 7:16 am
Maybe I'm just crazy but I bought one of these a while ago but coffee just doesn't taste great out of it.... I'm not sure what it is, maybe the lid design and not getting any of the aroma?
You’re not alone. I had the exact same experience. I’m fairly certain it’s the lid/seal. I ended up getting rid of mine, unfortunately
May 28, 2012
10071 posts
2239 upvotes
Saskatoon
We've had these for a couple of years. I haven't noticed any smell from the gaskets but I wash them as soon as possible, they don't sit around all day with old coffee in them. I like that the top completely comes apart for cleaning...those contigo mugs were really nasty. I use a soft bristled bottle brush to clean out the container and a stiff narrow painters brush to clean the spout piece. We like the stainless interior finish because there is nothing to flake off over time. The outside gets a bit scuffed and the vessel is quite narrow so it takes a bit of precision to pour, but other than that, it's a great product.