Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker 5.5 Cups (Made in Japan) - $458.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 11:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
91 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon Canada] Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker 5.5 Cups (Made in Japan) - $458.99

This one is a step up from the NP-HCC10 posted - induction and pressure cooking function. Lowest price according to the humped animal.

I'm sure there's going to be a wall of responses about this vs. some $20 Salton. If you have to ask, stick with the Salton. We eat rice all the time, there is a significant difference in taste, texture and smell including the fridge leftovers the next day. We have this in our home and it is worth the cost for us.
Last edited by Bonka on May 24th, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
58 replies
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
91 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
klown wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:43 am
Price in topic perhaps?
Rectified :)
Nov 23, 2017
615 posts
1336 upvotes
Great price, this is about as low as it gets. I bought mine at the bay for a similar price last year during one of the 15% off sales.

A word of caution, the minimum amount of time this takes to make rice is just a few minutes more than an hour. You will be making perfect rice every time in this, but you can get very good rice in a cooker that costs hundreds of dollars less in half the time.

I learned is that it is not recommended cooking foods like beans and mushy foods like oatmeal in this particular unit because it messes with the pressure cooker part of the machine.
Two other things to note are the battery in the unit (powering the display) is not user replaceable and the unit will need to be sent in to zoji for replacement, and the unit makes weird buzzing when on the keep warm setting.

If all of these issues are things you can live with in exchange for perfect rice, then this is for you. It is one of the best machines sold in the North American market (JDM rice cookers are still on another level).

EDIT: Some limitations of this machine taken from the manual
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on May 24th, 2019 7:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jul 29, 2016
115 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
you cant go wrong with this brand, Zojirushi. I would agree with OP that the quality is into every grain of rice.
Jul 29, 2016
115 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
the only question I have is, is there a significant benefit adding pressure cooking? I am using the IH model right now.
Jul 21, 2009
153 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks OP! Bit the bullet and went for the 1.8L. Been waiting for them to have a decent sale.
Sep 23, 2010
194 posts
168 upvotes
T Dot
Is there something like this, for rice, but without the non-stick cooking surface? So I guess stick cooking surface :)
From the Zojirushi site it looks like all their non-conventional cookers use non-stick.

we use the conventional cooker now but are interested in the smart, pressure cookers
"It is only a good deal if it is something you want or need" - something someone said once
Mar 13, 2012
661 posts
459 upvotes
Surrey
$450 for a rice cooker, insane
Oct 18, 2009
53 posts
14 upvotes
ok, question here. I'm not questioning the purchase of a 400$+ rice cooker, but what i am questioning is which rice do you cook in these in order to get the benefit? I'm pretty sure it's not Uncle Ben rice :)
Aug 22, 2001
885 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver
jaksdj22 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 11:11 am
Is it? In Japan, top end models sell for $1000+.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7777 posts
3255 upvotes
MVRD
jaksdj22 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 11:11 am
This is just mid-range...not getting into the high-end just yet.