• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 5:10 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi NP-NVC18 Pressure Rice Cooker - $453

Top of the line rice cooker, worth investing if you make rice on regular basis.
Historically low price base on ccc

Alternate option at Bestbuy: BestBuy link
Edit: Added best buy link
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 28th, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link
99 replies
Nov 24, 2018
142 posts
182 upvotes
What's the regular price range for this model? Or is it just never on sale and $30 off is already more than we've ever seen?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
Zook123 wrote: What's the regular price range for this model? Or is it just never on sale and $30 off is already more than we've ever seen?
It fluctuates between $580 to $480 in the past year.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1803 posts
3677 upvotes
Zook123 wrote: What's the regular price range for this model? Or is it just never on sale and $30 off is already more than we've ever seen?
$453-$600 based on what I have seen.
I bought it at $484~ I think (strangely enough the price I paid at the bay after coupons was the same price amazon had it for in July 2019)
amazon-ca-zojirushi-np-nvc18-10-cup-ric ... m-2302438/
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on May 28th, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
kelvinw215 wrote: did OP buy one?
I live in a small condo, and is trying to find space for it before i pull the trigger.
My parent has a Korean branded pressure rice cooker and the rice from it is amazing.
I understand this is not for everybody tho.
Dec 21, 2014
31 posts
118 upvotes
Markham, ON
I cook rice every day and I find my instantpot rice cooker works just fine and it costs only around $50 when it was on sale... I understand this rice cooker must have some amazing features but in terms of cooking rice, I don't think it can do 10x better than the one I have. Maybe I am just too poor...
Nov 24, 2018
142 posts
182 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: $453-$600 based on what I have seen.
I bought it at $484~ I think
Oh wow. I'm guessing the price is because of the pressure feature? Is it much faster than the non-pressurized Zojirushi cookers?
Love the Neuro Fuzzy but having to start the cook more than an hour before dinner time has made it hard to plan around sometimes.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
81BYP81 wrote: I cook rice every day and I find my instantpot rice cooker works just fine and it costs only around $50 when it was on sale... I understand this rice cooker must have some amazing features but in terms of cooking rice, I don't think it can do 10x better than the one I have. Maybe I am just too poor...
I am also currently using instant pot for rice.
However i have ~1cup of cooked rice stuck to the stainless pot each time, any tips of getting around it?Astonished Face
Jan 17, 2010
860 posts
318 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
one of the Amazon reviewer's comment worries me. "Easy to use, rice is great. I ding of one star as this is pressure model, which means you can't use porridge setting to make oatmeal which is a deal breaker for me. I ended up replacing for one-down model and very happy with that one." It has no porridge setting or it has but not able to make oatmeal? Anyone owns the cooker can shed me some light?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
cheney wrote: one of the Amazon reviewer's comment worries me. "Easy to use, rice is great. I ding of one star as this is pressure model, which means you can't use porridge setting to make oatmeal which is a deal breaker for me. I ended up replacing for one-down model and very happy with that one." It has no porridge setting or it has but not able to make oatmeal? Anyone owns the cooker can shed me some light?
I don't have this cooker, but the control panel literally says porridge on it...
Seems like the reviewer just decide its not safe regardless, maybe its a big no no on stove top pressure cooker
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1803 posts
3677 upvotes
Zook123 wrote: Oh wow. I'm guessing the price is because of the pressure feature? Is it much faster than the non-pressurized Zojirushi cookers?
Love the Neuro Fuzzy but having to start the cook more than an hour before dinner time has made it hard to plan around sometimes.
No, still takes forever to cook lol.
Shortest cook time is 43 mins
Apr 30, 2020
31 posts
15 upvotes
hkxstyle wrote: I am also currently using instant pot for rice.
However i have ~1cup of cooked rice stuck to the stainless pot each time, any tips of getting around it?Astonished Face
i've never had that problem with mine. I don't use the rice setting, i wash the rice, then add an equal amount of water. Then I pressure cook on high for 7 minutes...and let it either naturally release all the way or just for 20 minutes. turns out great and does not stick at all.
Last edited by resare on May 28th, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2018
142 posts
182 upvotes
hkxstyle wrote: I am also currently using instant pot for rice.
Odd, I don't love the rice that comes out of the instant pot (although it's serviceable until I get more counter space) but it has only stuck a little, not a whole cup. Do you always do quick release? I did that one time and it stuck more than usual. I let it do natural release and it seems fine.