Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker 5.5 cup $470

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 2:05 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 4, 2013
588 posts
419 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker 5.5 cup $470

$549 - $80 coupon

10 cup model $599 -100 coupon
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088G23N6Y

Made in Japan, top of the line

The Zojirushi Pressure Induction Heating (IH) Rice Cooker & Warmer with superior induction heating (IH) technology efficiently provides high heat and prepares flawless rice every time. Available in a 5.5-Cup capactiy as well as a 10-Cup capacity. Advanced fuzzy logic technology with AI (Artificial Intelligence): AI technology “learns” and adjusts the cooking cycle to get perfect results. Rice cooker has a detachable and washable stainless steel inner lid, and an easy-to-clean flat interior as well as an easy-to-clean elegant clear coated stainless steel exeterior. Measuring cups, spatula, and spatula holder are included with the rice cooker.
67 replies
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2008
148 posts
178 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great deal on the large. Induction and fuzzy logic also on sale for those that want different price points.

I have been using the pressure one for over 10 years and looking for a sale on a new one when I have to retire it.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2009
743 posts
571 upvotes
If you eat grain mixed rice, Cuckoo from South Korea makes better rice. Cuckoo is little more expensive than Zojirushi.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 4, 2013
588 posts
419 upvotes
briandwlee wrote: If you eat grain mixed rice, Cuckoo from South Korea makes better rice. Cuckoo is little more expensive than Zojirushi.
I was looking at Cuckoo as well but not sure what’s better than Zoji since both are pressure induction. I mostly cook white rice. Would like to hear your opinion.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2009
743 posts
571 upvotes
acheuk wrote: I was looking at Cuckoo as well but not sure what’s better than Zoji since both are pressure induction. I mostly cook white rice. Would like to hear your opinion.
If you mostly eat white rice, either one works just fine. Koreans eat more grains and beans with white or brown rice, so Cuckoo has better technology cooking them together with rice.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2008
148 posts
178 upvotes
acheuk wrote: I was looking at Cuckoo as well but not sure what’s better than Zoji since both are pressure induction. I mostly cook white rice. Would like to hear your opinion.
I cook mainly white rices. Sushi, jasmine, basmati and congee. I’ve used the older version forever. I find that it makes the rice a bit sweeter vs an electric one. Also softer. But I’m comparing to electric so kinda like comparing a Ferrari to a fiat.

I don’t cook much grains.
Member
Jul 29, 2016
282 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Here comes again, the never ending debate between rice lover and rice eater.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3500 posts
2177 upvotes
Calgary
WoooWeee I lovv my 9yr old Zoji hbc10 induction ricer as not only do I get consistent great tasting rice, it still works as new to this day. At ~$240, I thought it was large at that time but I gotta say this one approaching $500 large is getting abit over the top, even for me.

But waddaIknow, maybe this totl Zoji do make better rice. Spread over 10yrs of service (being conservative here), its only $50 per annum which works out to <$0.14 a day for the typical Asian family that have rice daily.

Heck it doesn't seem so bad at all. Infact its a heck of a dealSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat. That said, I'm unsure if this is a hot deal though.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
506 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
scotsum wrote: WoooWeee I lovv my 9yr old Zoji hbc10 induction ricer as not only do I get consistent great tasting rice, it still works as new to this day. At ~$240, I thought it was large at that time but I gotta say this one approaching $500 large is getting abit over the top, even for me.

But waddaIknow, maybe this totl Zoji do make better rice. Spread over 10yrs of service (being conservative here), its only $50 per annum which works out to <$0.14 a day for the typical Asian family that have rice daily.

Heck it doesn't seem so bad at all. Infact its a heck of a dealSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat. That said, I'm unsure if this is a hot deal though.
I also bought the HBC10 way back when for similar price. Thing is still kicking, even through years of when I used to eat rice everyday. Would leave the thing in keep warm for 2-3 days.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 29, 2001
941 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
bam136 wrote: I also bought the HBC10 way back when for similar price. Thing is still kicking, even through years of when I used to eat rice everyday. Would leave the thing in keep warm for 2-3 days.
Same bought the HBC10 it is still going strong and works amazing.. Debating if its even worth upgrading (if it is an upgrade) when the HBC10 is a tank.. The only issue is that I have to set the clock each time I plug it in.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14835 posts
9120 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Stir/rinse out the rice, dump the chalky water before adding fresh water and cooking. Makes a huge difference to fluffiness/texture no matter which cooker.

Love our Z-IH, consistency throughout, can leave warming to next day or two, just as good.
Member
Sep 30, 2015
293 posts
78 upvotes
York, ON
I abandoned auto rice cooker for over 40 years. I have been using a corning round pot and microwave oven. Takes about 18 minutes.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
506 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Zeev20 wrote: Same bought the HBC10 it is still going strong and works amazing.. Debating if its even worth upgrading (if it is an upgrade) when the HBC10 is a tank.. The only issue is that I have to set the clock each time I plug it in.
Why bother unplugging it? Doubt it uses much more than a few watts... Ahh, you keep it stored away?

I wouldn't upgrade, but that's me. Maybe if I was a multi millionaire, I'd gift my hbc10 to the parents.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5251 posts
1703 upvotes
I'm all for high quality but wow this is getting out of hand for good rice
Member
Nov 23, 2012
397 posts
280 upvotes
Brossard
bam136 wrote: Why bother unplugging it? Doubt it uses much more than a few watts... Ahh, you keep it stored away?

I wouldn't upgrade, but that's me. Maybe if I was a multi millionaire, I'd gift my hbc10 to the parents.
Be a good asian kid. Gotta go "hand me down" to the parents :p (kidding my asian brothers and sisters here - the stereotype is all in jest)

I wasn't sure if I misremembered the HBC10 price but you guys confirmed it. I remember the sticker shock way back and can understand the current one...

That said : hella wish I bought a good rice cooker sooner. My parents make all sort of rice in it and porridge also! If ever the house goes up in flammes, the rice cooker is one of the first repurchase.

I can understand this flirts with "luxury" pricing but well, well worth it. Pondering buying one for my sister...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3500 posts
2177 upvotes
Calgary
krist8 wrote: I abandoned auto rice cooker for over 40 years. I have been using a corning round pot and microwave oven. Takes about 18 minutes.
Musta been a not so good ricer cooker but nevertheless, lets grant the nuked rice tastes good in 18mins. But would it taste just as good in 28mins. How bout 228mins laterThinking Face?

The main thing I lov the Zoji for is that I get the same rice no matter if its just cooked or 1/2 a day later. The consistency & making it is so easy I can't go back to anything else. & That's for Thai jasmine. It makes the brown & mixed just as easy, nevermind all the other modes.

It's well worth the investment for me. & That's way before Uncle Roger or Uncle Long or Uncle DongGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
506 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Haha. I'm caucasian. Another reason why, my parents would likely only eat rice once a week anyway.

You guys might find this abnormal...but I enjoy healthifying my white rice by making it a rice/lentil mix. I like 1:1, but to each their own.
Longshot49 wrote: Be a good asian kid. Gotta go "hand me down" to the parents :p (kidding my asian brothers and sisters here - the stereotype is all in jest)

I wasn't sure if I misremembered the HBC10 price but you guys confirmed it. I remember the sticker shock way back and can understand the current one...

That said : hella wish I bought a good rice cooker sooner. My parents make all sort of rice in it and porridge also! If ever the house goes up in flammes, the rice cooker is one of the first repurchase.

I can understand this flirts with "luxury" pricing but well, well worth it. Pondering buying one for my sister...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1492 posts
2492 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok... someone convince me to spend $500 on a rice cooker.

Been using this perfectly fine $75 tiger one for the last 8 years...?

Top