• Apr 21st, 2021 2:10 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2018
240 posts
346 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi NP-NWC18XB 10 Cup Rice Cooker $539.99

The very best rice cooker you can have at this moment
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more budget friendly options, check out RFD Reviews' list of the best rice cookers!
92 replies
Aug 27, 2015
81 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Unbelievable for a ricecooker. I am asian, and i use a $20 ricecook in Superstore. Fast cooking and taste good.
What a wow for over $500 ricecooker.
Dec 2, 2008
304 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
This is great. Had some extra CERB money I was looking to spend.

Thanks OP!
:cheesygri
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11643 posts
3948 upvotes
Toronto
scorpionx23x wrote: Unbelievable for a ricecooker. I am asian, and i use a $20 ricecook in Superstore. Fast cooking and taste good.
Yes so a Ferrari is overpriced too.

A Corolla can also bring a person from A to B just like a Ferrari.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Jun 10, 2020
423 posts
341 upvotes
I'm not asian, but serious about my rice and grains. Like to cook Quinoa in these too.. And brown rice.
I use a $13.00 Black n Decker 6 cup I think right now (or is it like 3 cups?) -- I don't need 10 cups (did I mention not asian?) but want something that doesn't wreck/burn my brown rice (hard to cook well) and keeps it well.

Maybe a smaller version of this and/or one that's really good for brown/gabba?
I'm willing to pay over $100/150 for one of these... Over 200 is kinda pushing it, unless justifiable.
I cook rice or wild rice or grains maybe oh, 3-4 times a week?
Oh, I do steel-cut oatmeal too, but in a pot which is rather easy.. If this made it easier that'd be nice...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1230 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
It's pressurized which makes a huge difference.
Jun 18, 2006
162 posts
174 upvotes
Burnaby
The discount level is kinda weak, but it is typical with Zojirushi products especially this new version is the top tier flagship model and is made in Japan .

IMO, I found NP-HCC10/18 IH cookers at around half the price are better value for people serious about rice or eat it as main staple daily. It is much easier to clean due to its not pressured = lesser components to clean. e.g. You can get 5.5 cup version at around $290+tax from bed bath and beyond with the 20% off sign-up coupon. I highly doubt paying twice the price mainly for the high pressure function could yield propotionally better tasting rice. BTW, HCC model is also made in Japan while the lower tier models are not.

For people making fun on a $500 rice cooker being on sale, this is obviously not the thread for you. Same as many expensive high-end products each aiming to perform one single job professionally and consistently, this rice cooker sure can bring joy to people's daily life for years to come. I thank you, OP, for sharing this sale.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/s ... lyout=true
Jun 18, 2006
162 posts
174 upvotes
Burnaby
DasHip wrote: I'm not asian, but serious about my rice and grains. Like to cook Quinoa in these too.. And brown rice.
I use a $13.00 Black n Decker 6 cup I think right now (or is it like 3 cups?) -- I don't need 10 cups (did I mention not asian?) but want something that doesn't wreck/burn my brown rice (hard to cook well) and keeps it well.

Maybe a smaller version of this and/or one that's really good for brown/gabba?
I'm willing to pay over $100/150 for one of these... Over 200 is kinda pushing it, unless justifiable.
I cook rice or wild rice or grains maybe oh, 3-4 times a week?
Oh, I do steel-cut oatmeal too, but in a pot which is rather easy.. If this made it easier that'd be nice...
The gaba brown rice function may actually interest you. The NP HCC-10 model sounds like a good fit for your need especially when you do not want to go over your budget too much.

Here is the demo video from Zojirushi :
Jan 2, 2017
311 posts
262 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Yes so a Ferrari is overpriced too.

There are other benefits of a Ferrari too, than getting you from point A to B. Men and women and even kids admire a sweet looking car. I don't think you'll get the same kind of reception for a rice cooker...
But yes, if you have the money and genuinely see the difference zojirushi rice cooker makes, by all means purchase it. I just think it's too pricey for the average person to spend on a rice cooker
Oct 7, 2017
741 posts
1211 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Yes so a Ferrari is overpriced too.

Are you really comparing a car to a rice cooker? It's rice and water. How can there be something that makes it 20x the price?
Nov 28, 2019
318 posts
828 upvotes
Upvoted for aspirational deal. Will pass on this since my lower tier zoji is still going strong after 10+ years. 'I wish I can be taller, so I can be a baller' type of deal for me. Thanks for posting.
Jul 15, 2008
720 posts
621 upvotes
Calgary
Nev007 wrote: There are other benefits of a Ferrari too, than getting you from point A to B. Men and women and even kids admire a sweet looking car. I don't think you'll get the same kind of reception for a rice cooker...
You've never used the line "Hey there, I've got a Zojirushi NP-NWC18XB back at my place, wanna come check it out Winking Face" ?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14723 posts
4202 upvotes
Scarberia
my made in japan 8cupper died! i misse those fluffy great tasting rice! now my mom uses a cheap ass cooker and its just not the same! u get harder and smaller rice! zoris make rice taste so great that u want to eat rice by itself when its freshly done right out of the cooker ! its that good imo! course u gotta eat rice everyday 2x meals to make it worth the cost of having a zori
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
scorpionx23x wrote: Unbelievable for a ricecooker. I am asian, and i use a $20 ricecook in Superstore. Fast cooking and taste good.
You ain’t Asian Asian if you have a $20 rice cooker
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1403 posts
71 upvotes
bought one. rice comes out amazing (shinny with flavor components on the surface of grain )...and keeps well for hours. Things i don't like is the slow opening for safety and cleaning each cycle. But it is built like a tank..heavier than my induction only. My pressure cuckoo from Korea produces very different rice...stickier... my wife prefers cuckoo though. both over $500.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1186 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Kingsmen17 wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy
Banana. An Asian can tell how it tastes diferent between $20 cooker and $200 one.
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
supramessiah wrote: The gaba brown rice function may actually interest you. The NP HCC-10 model sounds like a good fit for your need especially when you do not want to go over your budget too much.

Here is the demo video from Zojirushi :
I have this one, got it when Amazon had their lowest at that time. Not bad at all.