Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 10 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer In Premium White - 140$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 4:24 pm
34 replies
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Why do people always ask if it's made in china for products like these? You would think all rice cookers are made in china.

And is it made in china?
Oct 12, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
vivibaby wrote: Why do people always ask if it's made in china for products like these? You would think all rice cookers are made in china.

And is it made in china?
A lot of these rice cookers are made in Japan. Some people believe they have better built quality than the ones made in China. The one selling at Costco is actually made in Malaysia.
Feb 21, 2013
329 posts
328 upvotes
GTA
jaktor wrote: What's the adv. of getting this from Walmart than Amazon ?
Generally when these go on sale there are only a few units that go pretty quick. It's just another place to get it if Amazon is sold out.

Also Walmart is like a 2 minute drive for me to return stuff so there's that.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
930 upvotes
Everywhere
vivibaby wrote: Why do people always ask if it's made in china for products like these? You would think all rice cookers are made in china.

And is it made in china?
only Chinese eat rice?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1204 upvotes
Calgary
roleless wrote: Is this a permanent price drop?
No price on amazon is permanent...
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
I should have bought this and not the instant pot. Damn it.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
HailHydra wrote: I should have bought this and not the instant pot. Damn it.
i got the IP on BF last year and the zoji this year, blows the IP out of the water for rice
Feb 21, 2013
329 posts
328 upvotes
GTA
nuclearhot wrote: i got the IP on BF last year and the zoji this year, blows the IP out of the water for rice
Yeah, IP rice definitely sucks compared to Zojirushi rice but it takes like 5 minutes to cook rice which is really nice if you're coming home from work and are starving.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5202 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
czenxa wrote: Yeah, IP rice definitely sucks compared to Zojirushi rice but it takes like 5 minutes to cook rice which is really nice if you're coming home from work and are starving.
Why not set a timer and have the rice be ready when you come home? I find slow cooking rice tastes better.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver

And is it made in china?
The Zoji is Made in Japan. People want the MIJ models because they tend to be made to higher tolerances and material quality. You'll see a lot of anecdotes through the various threads on this model. I got it the last time it dropped and just had the rice yesterday. It was very nice. We're coming from a 20yr Tiger one-button (also MIJ) which was good in its day but was struggling the last few years. The Zoji I think is qualitatively better.
jwslam wrote: No price on amazon is permanent...
Hahahaha. Truth.
czenxa wrote: Yeah, IP rice definitely sucks compared to Zojirushi rice but it takes like 5 minutes to cook rice which is really nice if you're coming home from work and are starving.
The Zoji has a timer and an extended keep warm function, so you could prep it in the morning and set it to be done before you get home and it should still be fresh and hot when you arrive. Just saved you 5min! ;-)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1204 upvotes
Calgary
Bishop8 wrote: The Zoji has a timer and an extended keep warm function, so you could prep it in the morning and set it to be done before you get home and it should still be fresh and hot when you arrive. Just saved you 5min! ;-)
But then I have to put it in the rice cooker before work, knowing that I will want rice after work.
That's a big commitment... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
Gah if it was only 5 cup or smaller... 10 cup is huge. It's like family sized.
Jul 2, 2008
248 posts
116 upvotes
jwslam wrote: But then I have to put it in the rice cooker before work, knowing that I will want rice after work.
That's a big commitment... Disappointed But Relieved Face
if its anything like my rice cooker (Not Zojirushi). the keep warm function keeps the rice decent for a few days.