Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi SM-KHE48XA Stainless Steel Mug, 16-Ounce | 15% Off | $31.65

  • Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 4:07 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2004
603 posts
1277 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi SM-KHE48XA Stainless Steel Mug, 16-Ounce | 15% Off | $31.65

71QhpXwnoLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot or cold for hours
  • Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel interior
  • SlickSteel finish [Amazon Exclusive Model]
  • Wide mouth opening
  • Compact design takes up minimal space while maximizing capacity

Lowest Price EVER on CCC.

-Callahan-
79 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5481 upvotes
Have the 20oz, which is just slightly too big to fit comfortably into a backpack. This is a great mug but it’s honestly pretty horrible for coffee because the rubber seal really holds that stale coffee smell. At $32 for the more practical 16 oz size this is a awesome deal.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Apr 29th, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jan 1, 2020
61 posts
73 upvotes
I have one of these and its pretty much the ideal travel mug. Keeps temperature really well. Compact and sleek looking. The opening system is the best I've seen and it doesn't leak. Its relatively light weight so I have no issues with taking it hiking.

Only things to note is that it will dent pretty easily if you drop it on pavement. Its not meant to be abused like some heavier thermoses. If you don't open the top all the way sometimes it'll touch your nose and you'll be walking around with hot chocolate on your face without realizing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1030 posts
671 upvotes
This thing is the best mug i've ever used. Buy it!
Member
Jul 13, 2006
366 posts
207 upvotes
Calgary
Does it have a coating inside the bottle? Is it made in Thailand? Thx.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1423 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary, AB
sharkcalgary wrote: Does it have a coating inside the bottle? Is it made in Thailand? Thx.
From the seller description:
"SlickSteel is created utilizing electropolishing technology, these products are non-coated on the inside and instead use an electrically charged polishing process to treat and finish the interior."

From the Q&A this seems to likely be made in Thailand.
Member
May 19, 2015
314 posts
293 upvotes
harold_callahan wrote: 71QhpXwnoLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

  • Stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot or cold for hours
  • Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel interior
  • SlickSteel finish [Amazon Exclusive Model]
  • Wide mouth opening
  • Compact design takes up minimal space while maximizing capacity

Lowest Price EVER on CCC.

-Callahan-
Worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1420 posts
628 upvotes
So I'm guessing this will fit pretty easily in any standard sized cup holder in a car right?
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2006
110 posts
48 upvotes
North York
Clement wrote: So I'm guessing this will fit pretty easily in any standard sized cup holder in a car right?
Yes, no problems.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1466 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Clement wrote: So I'm guessing this will fit pretty easily in any standard sized cup holder in a car right?
Almost too skinny. Wish it were fatter and shorter so it can fit under my keurig. I have to brew in a mug then transfer into the zoji. Other than that, still the BEST mug i've every owned.
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2006
110 posts
48 upvotes
North York
I used to have the 20oz version but misplaced it. I ended up getting a 16oz silky black from amazon warehouse deals for $27.75 a few weeks ago. There was nothing wrong with it and saved myself a few bucks.
I agree that this is an amazing mug. It keeps drinks cold or hot for much longer than any other mug I've used in the past. My only gripe with it is that the opening is very small so its not easy to clean and its near impossible to remove coffee stains.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
803 posts
178 upvotes
Bought the 20oz 2 years ago, use it daily. My favourite mug, easy to clean with a long scrub brush. Ridiculously good heat retention, and as others mentioned, leak proof and fairly durable/compact

tempting on getting another one.....
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
803 posts
178 upvotes
JMe715 wrote: I used to have the 20oz version but misplaced it. I ended up getting a 16oz silky black from amazon warehouse deals for $27.75 a few weeks ago. There was nothing wrong with it and saved myself a few bucks.
I agree that this is an amazing mug. It keeps drinks cold or hot for much longer than any other mug I've used in the past. My only gripe with it is that the opening is very small so its not easy to clean and its near impossible to remove coffee stains.
Buy those contigo scrub brushes. It's great for cleaning my water bottles too. And break the lid apart and soak in soap/vinegar or whatever. And voila!
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2006
110 posts
48 upvotes
North York
hssironman wrote: Almost too skinny. Wish it were fatter and shorter so it can fit under my keurig. I have to brew in a mug then transfer into the zoji. Other than that, still the BEST mug i've every owned.
That's true, I forgot to mention that. I also had to do the same. Although the 16oz is much shorter, it still won't fit under the nespresso machine I use
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2006
110 posts
48 upvotes
North York
Rifle wrote: Buy those contigo scrub brushes. It's great for cleaning my water bottles too. And break the lid apart and soak in soap/vinegar or whatever. And voila!
Thanks, I'll try that
Newbie
Dec 27, 2008
27 posts
15 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Can also confirm this mug is much much better than any Contigo I've owned. Coffee stays hot for 6 hours. The 16 oz size is much more compact and portable than the 20 oz version, I have both. The 16 oz fits nicely into a small backpack and I have zero concerns with spillage, even being jostled around constantly. Recommend rinsing it daily to combat stale coffee smell. At this price, as another poster pointed out, the blue version has a superior finish that IMO looks and feels better and is only $5 more. Snap this up while the price is low!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
I have the smokey blue one. Drinks are undrinkable over 6hours later. I hate it and love it at the same time. Its a complicated relationship
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2003
3852 posts
1722 upvotes
Coolcicada wrote: Smokey Blue version also seems to be on sale and is only $5 more if you prefer the colour.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005PO9T44
Have the 20oz... i cant imagine using one smaller if you intend to have a drink available all day. The quality is amazing though and yes, its far better than contigo mugs (which themselves are great).

Blue looks better but over time, the paint will scratch off with everyday use. The stainless steal colour may look better over time.

I use this primarily for water only and have had zero issues with it. Would work great for coffee but i would be afraid of staining and coffee smell over time.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2007
2045 posts
176 upvotes
How do you guys drink these things ....?Astonished Face
I mean that Hot water is burning....
Without the cup just pour into your mouth get burn ?
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:

Top