Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi SM-KHE48XA Stainless Steel Mug, 16-Ounce | 15% Off | $31.65

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 4:07 am
Aug 30, 2017
111 posts
171 upvotes
Excellent deal

Have been using this for years - never look back

Here is an uncommon use case for Zoji:

These Zojirushi thermoses are much lighter than their competitors for the same capacity, while keeping things hot for longer than vast.

As such very practical to carry around as you are not carrying much weight in addition to the liquid inside unlike the heavy thermos brand etc.

In fact, high-end outdoor brand producing ultralight thermoses for hiking and camping made of titanium do not manage to beat Zojirushi by much at 7 times the cost.

For example:

12 oz Zojirushi = 200g / cad$31

13 oz SNow Peak 350 Titanium Kanpai = 165 g / cad$225

From practical perspective, I have taken Zojirushi on hikes and it really does not feel like you are carrying unnecessary weight with it - it can serve as a water bottle or thermos.

https://snowpeak.com/products/titanium- ... pai-bottle
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Not made in Japan I assume.
Left rfd
Sep 17, 2018
213 posts
175 upvotes
I have had the 20oz version for close to a year now, almost keeps my coffee too hot. Great product, but tbh im not that sure if i see the value over a contigo, will scratch and dent just as easily but cost 3x to replace. Regardless im happy with the purchase and would recommend for those looking for the best.

Edit per comment above: agreed it is much lighter than contigos, and fast food workers are always amazed by the volume it can hold with its small form factor. Weight and size certainly is an advantage of this product, also the lock mechanism has never failed me.
Jan 12, 2005
114 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. The price are even lower now: $30.82 for stainless and $31.84 for mighty blue. Bought 2 of each.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2529 posts
1071 upvotes
I've had one for years. while it does keep your drink hot for an extended period of time, it basically keeps it too hot for my liking. It's also not the easiest to clean, even though the pieces come apart.

If you are going to use it to drink coffee on the way to work, then you will need to add cold water to it, or it's just going to be too hot to drink, even if you leave the lid open.

I usually just use a plastic coffee mug instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1063 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
I love this mug. Got my 20 oz black one for $33.54 few years back. That was a steal

16oz is decent sizing I feel.
Jul 23, 2010
466 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Bit Overrated. Have this Zojirushi, a Tiger, and Awana. The mugs get compliments at the office but I only use it for water now and for gym. I find it smells if I use it for coffee or other drinks. Not worth the hassle of removing the plastic rings to wash per use.
Sep 4, 2008
775 posts
236 upvotes
New Westminster
i have one, use it everyday. i wish i could buy a new top gasket though (the one that goes on the lid). anyone knows where i can get one?
Feb 8, 2006
332 posts
35 upvotes
These are light weight and very slim but they’re also a massive pain to clean. So many little parts!

I’ve been using yeti ramblers after the recent sales and they’re SO easy. They’re actually dishwasher safe and so are the lids. The lids are extremely simple to clean as well. These aren’t slim or light so that’s your trade off.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1174 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal,QC
mkjr wrote: Not made in Japan I assume.
no but made in Thailand If I'm not mistaken.

I was in Japan. and for a reason I can't explain, the made in Thailand keeps hot water hot longer than the ones made in japan. by not much like few degrees after 4-6 hours.

during summer, I keep ice in there and it's still ice after a long day.

during winter, on a trip, I keep hot water and it stays hot for almost the whole day and still warm the next day.

when you have a baby, I keep milk when we re out so it stays cold. I just learnt in the instructions that you shouldn't put milk too long in there, it causes pressure and it's not good for the parts I guess.

washing the lid and its parts is no biggie. rinse it after each use and I use a toothbrush and soak it once a while. The contigo ones gets yucky in the lid after a while so it's not that much different, just taking care so it lasts longer and cleaner.

for the mug being too hot for coffee. I have to agree you need to be careful but you can pour it in a mug then drink as you go.

in comparison to contigo, i always hated when I make my coffee at home and I have to drink a warm coffee shortly after I arrive at the office because i had half of it during my commute

pros and cons of different mugs I guess
Apr 10, 2020
210 posts
865 upvotes
Tactical wrote: Bit Overrated. Have this Zojirushi, a Tiger, and Awana. The mugs get compliments at the office but I only use it for water now and for gym. I find it smells if I use it for coffee or other drinks. Not worth the hassle of removing the plastic rings to wash per use.
It's not too difficult. Whenever the smell is overbearing, I would use baking soda and vinegar and leave it there for a day or two. It always removes the smell and comes out clean afterwards.
Mar 7, 2018
30 posts
20 upvotes
Guys really should check out p65 warnings - significant exposure to chemicals that cause cancer , birth defects. I canceled my order
Sep 1, 2010
63 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
I use one of these to drink water at home and I don't even use the lid anymore. The water stays cold pretty much all day, even left overnight with no lid on the water is still colder than room temp. I'm always impressed
Apr 29, 2008
6 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
GeneralStore wrote: It's not too difficult. Whenever the smell is overbearing, I would use baking soda and vinegar and leave it there for a day or two. It always removes the smell and comes out clean afterwards.
I second baking soda... Never a problem with smell. Pieces comes apart easily and easily put back together. Fit my Tom Bihn bag perfectly. Only problem I have had is dropped at weird angle and the fragile plastic broke around the lock. Still keep drinks hot though. I bought another one with no hesitation.