Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Zojirushi SM-KHE48XA Stainless Steel Mug, 16-Ounce | 15% Off | $31.65

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 4:07 am
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1764 posts
589 upvotes
Calgary
Got my smoke blue in Japan and love it.
It is made in Thailand.
Stays hotter that my Tiger.
Tempted to buy another.
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
5 upvotes
CHILLIWACK
These mugs really cant be beat. If i didn't already have 2 new ones on the shelf i would buy another lol. If you wash these semi regular the staining on the seals doesn't smell at all. I only put coffee in mine so it only gets a rinse every night, soap when i get to it. If you have the non coated ones , easiest way to get rid of stains is hot water and a dish washer soap
Oct 5, 2012
138 posts
45 upvotes
BC
n3o321 wrote: I've been using this for years. I have over 7 in my household lol

only cons is the rubber gasket on the lid...will/can turn black. expensive to replace...unless RFD knows a place.

if you drink tea or coffee...like any mug, it will get stained so make sure you clean it and take care of it like you would for an expensive item.
Wow the price went way up... like double what it was. And - sorry, I just realised my order was way back in 2016. Screenshot of my invoice If I had to replace the parts now, I wouldn't buy them now either holy crap.

Canadians have to order through BCE Services which I guess is their official partner?
Jan 15, 2003
391 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
kogmpua wrote: There is p65 warning
Have you read this ridiculous long list of items about California Proposition 65 (P65 warning)? https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... Id=3234041

Someone mentioned in a Q&A that the metal spring in the lid contains Nickel. Or the stainless steel has Nickel in it......... so are stainless pots and pans banned in California?
Sep 25, 2009
249 posts
47 upvotes
Ive read about prop 65 while back and only dust left on surface for more than 10 years are canceriogene and radioactive over time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9445 posts
901 upvotes
Price of the smoky blue went down, ordered. Thanks
Jun 11, 2019
44 posts
19 upvotes
North York, Toronto
Maybe not as good of a deal, but Best Buy (proper) has the Zoji SM-SD 16oz black for $35.99. $40.66 shipped, and Best Buy sent me the shipping notif the next morning. Paying more was worth the peace of mind considering I have 9 Amazon orders sitting unfulfilled since early April. Now I just pray it doesn't pass through Etobicoke CanPost. These ones don't get stinky according to the reviews.. And well, black.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/zo ... k/12854388

I've wanted a Zoji for years, they're legendary. I've always used Contigo because <$20. But recently a flimsy rubber band type seal on my Contigo decided to separate, now it's sprung a leak. Pretty lame weak point. But it was a decent mug..

Couple things I learned about Zoji mugs.. The weak point is on the lid, the plastic which locks down the lid. It's quite thin and prone to snapping. Zoji does not honour warranty unless defect, but they will sell you just the lid for $15-20usd + shipping from JPN.

Amazon for reviews
https://www.amazon.ca/Zojirushi-SM-SD48 ... th=1&psc=1
Aug 16, 2015
787 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kogmpua wrote: Guys really should check out p65 warnings - significant exposure to chemicals that cause cancer , birth defects. I canceled my order
I ignore the p65 warning. The most useless warning of all time. Just to put your mind at ease (or not!), anything made of brass would have this warning on it if packaged for the USA market - but we wouldn’t have it here (because we aren’t California). And go around your house and check how many drinking water fixtures have brass connectors or are made out of brass...
Aug 18, 2011
246 posts
208 upvotes
North York
brclho wrote: i have one, use it everyday. i wish i could buy a new top gasket though (the one that goes on the lid). anyone knows where i can get one?
For anyone that needs spare parts, or the gasket:

$9.50 plus $2.99 shipping to Canada

STOPPER GASKET FOR SM-SA SM-SC SM-SD SM-SHE
Part# BB468026M-00
Direct URL:
https://www.bceservices.ca/Admin/BuySel ... 468026M-00

Main Parts section:
https://www.bceservices.ca/Admin/BuySel ... D=35&cat=1
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1672 posts
143 upvotes
produceprincess wrote: I have one of these and its pretty much the ideal travel mug. Keeps temperature really well. Compact and sleek looking. The opening system is the best I've seen and it doesn't leak. Its relatively light weight so I have no issues with taking it hiking.

Only things to note is that it will dent pretty easily if you drop it on pavement. Its not meant to be abused like some heavier thermoses. If you don't open the top all the way sometimes it'll touch your nose and you'll be walking around with hot chocolate on your face without realizing it.
The nose touching seems really annoying. They should have the top open perpendicular to ones face instead.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1681 posts
320 upvotes
Thanks OP, I'm in for one of the blue ones for my kid who's in the army reserves and wants coffee 24x7.
Sep 14, 2007
760 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Does Amazon price protect?

Just purchased the smoky blue mug a few days ago for ~ $6 more.
Sep 14, 2007
760 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I"ve already received it two days ago. They shipped it pretty fast.
Sep 16, 2011
229 posts
195 upvotes
Lethbridge
reggyDeal wrote: The nose touching seems really annoying. They should have the top open perpendicular to ones face instead.
I have literally never had mine touch my nose, I've owned mine for like 4 years. The spring opens it quite well, maybe theirs in defective. Also, noses come in different sizes, mine is not small.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1984 posts
1466 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the price is pretty good but just looks too big or high? for putting it under my Nespresso machine