Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS 39500-114 Sorrento Plus Double Wall Latte Mug- 2 Piece Set, $13.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 7:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4317 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon Canada] ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS 39500-114 Sorrento Plus Double Wall Latte Mug- 2 Piece Set, $13.99

ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS 39500-114 Sorrento Plus Double Wall Latte Mug- 2 Piece Set, Glass For sale, regular price is $50, I got 6 different brands double wall mugs, within half a year only 1 left. I think about never ever buy double wall mugs again, but for this price and this brand , I will give it the last shot.
Images
  • 8F77E7D6-5ABF-41A5-9621-B354F79EF363.jpeg
  • 016B28E6-4DF3-4E57-9CF2-9547D7D38EE0.jpeg
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2289 posts
1208 upvotes
GVRD
I stopped using double wall glass mug because they need to be handled with extreme care.

Now I am using Joco Cups and never go back, I am not getting the heat retention compare to the double wall, but I drink my coffee quick anyways. The Joco use very high quality glass and I just throw them into dishwasher and not needing to worry about going easy.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2012
3017 posts
136 upvotes
WINNIPEG, Canada
Are double walled mugs worth buying? Is there a noticeable difference
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4317 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa
CloudSurfer wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:23 am
Are double walled mugs worth buying? Is there a noticeable difference
I like the beauty of them, and keep coffee warm.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5959 posts
664 upvotes
I have their double walled glasses for cold drinks. I love them so much that I will not use other glasses again. No condensation on the outside is a big plus. Yes, you can't throw them into the dish washer, but with other nice glasses, I can't use them in the dish washer anyway. I have not used them for hot drink, so can't comment on the heat retention.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1391 posts
340 upvotes
Calgary
The double wall espresso is also $12.00
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KG1 ... QBZ9&psc=1
and the cappucino is $12.99
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KG1 ... QBZ9&psc=1

I have the coffee and small espresso set and they are great. Cool to the touch and probably keeps it all warmer. I did break one coffee mug by knocking it over on the counter with my hand, yet dropped an espresso cup on the floor and it did not. So handle with care.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3987 posts
929 upvotes
Vancouver
golden wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:26 am
I have their double walled glasses for cold drinks. I love them so much that I will not use other glasses again. No condensation on the outside is a big plus. Yes, you can't throw them into the dish washer, but with other nice glasses, I can't use them in the dish washer anyway. I have not used them for hot drink, so can't comment on the heat retention.
I have had the Sorrentos for over a year now. I too have had durability issues with double-walled glasses (read: Bodum) but these have held up great. Obviously I've been careful not to drop them or pile them up in the sink but I use them quite regularly and throw them in the dishwasher each time and they come out in one piece and sparkling clean. Great mugs!
Removed external link in signature.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4317 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa
lhsonic wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:35 am
I have had the Sorrentos for over a year now. I too have had durability issues with double-walled glasses (read: Bodum) but these have held up great. Obviously I've been careful not to drop them or pile them up in the sink but I use them quite regularly and throw them in the dishwasher each time and they come out in one piece and sparkling clean. Great mugs!
Yes , 3 out of my 4 Bodum glasses are broken.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
210 upvotes
I find these to be slightly thicker than the Bodums. These are good.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1567 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
golden wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:26 am
I have Delonghi cappucino glasses and throw them in the dishwasher daily... no issues for over a year now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4317 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa
slaman wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:34 pm
I have Delonghi cappucino glasses and throw them in the dishwasher daily... no issues for over a year now.
I do it for my bodum too in the dishwasher, but they fall down, they are broken easily, hope Amazon one can last longer.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2813 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
I can def see the attraction of glass but honestly folks, get the same item in stainless steel. I got a set of these SS mugs (on lightning deal) & havent looked back. I throw them in the dishwasher, dropped them, banged them against stuff (includ table edges) & a multitude of other dumb moves but they still look the same as new & best of all, perform superbly if the objective is to keep liquids warm/cold, zero condensation, zero warm/cold when holding & ease of cleaning.

its just more practical & unbreakable to boot!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4317 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa
scotsum wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:50 pm
I can def see the attraction of glass but honestly folks, get the same item in stainless steel. I got a set of these SS mugs (on lightning deal) & havent looked back. I throw them in the dishwasher, dropped them, banged them against stuff (includ table edges) & a multitude of other dumb moves but they still look the same as new & best of all, perform superbly if the objective is to keep liquids warm/cold, zero condensation, zero warm/cold when holding & ease of cleaning.

its just more practical & unbreakable to boot!
Durable&beauty, I choose latter, I can see through my beautiful latte from my thousand dollars Saeco .
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2813 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:55 pm
Durable&beauty, I choose latter, I can see through my beautiful latte from my thousand dollars Saeco .
no argument on which looks best. that said, I've broken enough glass/ceramics in my lifetime so I'm more of the function over form type of dude. there's no rights or wrongs here as each has their strengths & weaknesses. fwiw, I too have a delonghi superauto (costco clearance deal) & enjoy a latte (or 2) every morning albeit in my less pretty SS insulated mug Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes