Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS 39500-114 Sorrento Plus Double Wall Latte Mug- 2 Piece Set, $13.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 7:01 am
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1572 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
scotsum wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:50 pm
I can def see the attraction of glass but honestly folks, get the same item in stainless steel. I got a set of these SS mugs (on lightning deal) & havent looked back. I throw them in the dishwasher, dropped them, banged them against stuff (includ table edges) & a multitude of other dumb moves but they still look the same as new & best of all, perform superbly if the objective is to keep liquids warm/cold, zero condensation, zero warm/cold when holding & ease of cleaning.

its just more practical & unbreakable to boot!
My only problem is that I find the stainless steel changes the taste of my coffee/tea, and i'm not the only one who finds that.

My pet theory is that it's like how those stainless steel soaps get rid of garlicy smells etc, the stainless steel takes away certain nuances of the coffee/tea.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2813 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
Sypsy wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:22 pm
My only problem is that I find the stainless steel changes the taste of my coffee/tea, and i'm not the only one who finds that.

My pet theory is that it's like how those stainless steel soaps get rid of garlicy smells etc, the stainless steel takes away certain nuances of the coffee/tea.
interesting theory! never thought of it ever as I dont taste the difference at all btwn materials except plastics (which btw are almost always bad news for taste &or health). infact I've transitioned most of my food bearing/cooking utensils to SS as much as possible.

regardless, its def a very interesting theory!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1572 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
scotsum wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:30 pm
interesting theory! never thought of it ever as I dont taste the difference at all btwn materials except plastics (which btw are almost always bad news for taste &or health). infact I've transitioned most of my food bearing/cooking utensils to SS as much as possible.

regardless, its def a very interesting theory!
Yeah, it's a shame cause I have this ss double walled mug that's perfect for aeropressing and keeps my coffee hot, but now it sits unused mostly since I noticed a difference. Hopefully I didn't ruin it for you!

I try to use dinnerwear from more reputable companies, to minimize the risk of lead in the paint (denby), it is a concern to use any old material for food.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2813 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
Sypsy wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:36 pm
Yeah, it's a shame cause I have this ss double walled mug that's perfect for aeropressing and keeps my coffee hot, but now it sits unused mostly since I noticed a difference. Hopefully I didn't ruin it for you!

I try to use dinnerwear from more reputable companies, to minimize the risk of lead in the paint (denby), it is a concern to use any old material for food.
no worries bud as I enjoy my coffee with glass, SS or otherwise. that said, most good espresso machines are SS (esp where the coffee is brewed) + there's no scientific evidence that SS changes the taste of anything (SS is a proven stable inert material) so I cant help but wonder. it's def interesting though & would make for a great discussion at a suitable forum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4320 posts
1108 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow these ones are huge , they are higher than my Saeco, I have trouble to put them in, I should just get 1 kits, they are not as durable as bodum one. I should get the shorter one.
BTW, prime is fast , ordered 1am today , delivery at 2pm. Today is the last day of my prime trial.
Images
  • AFFFEE69-22AD-4E41-9356-F775573D0376.jpeg
  • DA8F4C51-ED09-4DAA-A765-F65F1CA08242.jpeg