Expired Hot Deals

Amazon Canada | Add-on

12 Pack Hubba Bubba Buggle Gum or Reese Minis - 2.49 / 3.86 (Expired)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2016 6:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes

12 Pack Hubba Bubba Buggle Gum or Reese Minis - 2.49 / 3.86 (Expired)

Retailer:
Amazon Canada | Add-on
With this price, I'm not sure it is actually 12 count / 12 packs. But it is add-on item, so you never know. Even you chat and confirm with Amazon CSR, you may still end up getting 1 pack. Fortunately, Amazon is a good company to refund you the money without any hassle in case you only receive 1 pack.

Hubba Bubba Awesome Original Individually Wrapped Bubble Gum, 12 Count - 2.49
https://www.amazon.ca/Hubba-Bubba-Aweso ... 468&sr=1-1

Reese Peanut Butter Cups Minis, 210-Gram (Pack of 12) - 3.86
https://www.amazon.ca/Reese-Peanut-Butt ... 468&sr=1-2
Last edited by lcmt on Sep 20th, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6912 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington
Maybe 12 pieces of gums and 12 pieces of Pb cups
Nov 11, 2010
73 posts
18 upvotes
It says 30 pieces per pack, 360 per case. Ordered with a Schlage Lock, Thanks op, worth a shot.
Dec 6, 2012
485 posts
315 upvotes
North
ordered, thanks
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes
That's impossible. There is definitely more than 12 pieces per bag for the Gum. For the Reese cup, since it is "minis", I don't believe there is only 12 of them in each bag with 210g. Either it is title error or price error if that's the case.
konsensei wrote: Maybe 12 pieces of gums and 12 pieces of Pb cups
Last edited by lcmt on Sep 20th, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2009
1089 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
Shipping Weight for 2nd link is 181 gm only so its 12 pieces only.

Shipping Weight for gum 159 g
Sep 10, 2014
142 posts
99 upvotes
Ships within 1 to 2 months? Will that most likely delay my order?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1661 posts
536 upvotes
Canada
5g per piece. 150g bag means at least 30 pieces. 12 x 30 = 360 pieces. looks like description wrong for this, definitley 1 bag
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4438 posts
1517 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP! Ordered 7 of the Reese Minis so 84 bags in total. A steal at $0.32 per bag. 12 pack seems pretty clear to me. Since when did they start counting individual pieces in a bag? What would a large bag of rice be? A 50,000 pack? Will dispute if only 7 come. Got a screen shot anyways. Missed out on the Taco deal a few deals ago but glad I got this one.

7 units gave me free shipping.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
Bank: Alterna (0.9%, no fees)
Broker: IB (Foreign stocks/low comm/low margin rates)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1661 posts
536 upvotes
Canada
Update: got an update on my order, shipped yesterday via FedEx.

"Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that this portion of your order was shipped separately to give you quicker service, at no additional cost to you. The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available. "

2x Hubba Bubba Awesome Original Individually Wrapped Bubble Gum, 12 Count
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

haha...so looks like this is actually 12 packages of 150g bags of Hubba Bubba. 1.8KG of gum coming my way. Thanks OP! lmao
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4438 posts
1517 upvotes
Ontario
minimalist wrote: Thanks OP! Ordered 7 of the Reese Minis so 84 bags in total. A steal at $0.32 per bag. 12 pack seems pretty clear to me. Since when did they start counting individual pieces in a bag? What would a large bag of rice be? A 50,000 pack? Will dispute if only 7 come. Got a screen shot anyways. Missed out on the Taco deal a few deals ago but glad I got this one.

Only got one bag instead of 12. Will have to complain to cs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes
Amazon changes both products back to 1 pack, so I believe it is price error. However, Amazon should be able to refund you the money and you can keep the 7 bags.
minimalist wrote:
minimalist wrote: Thanks OP! Ordered 7 of the Reese Minis so 84 bags in total. A steal at $0.32 per bag. 12 pack seems pretty clear to me. Since when did they start counting individual pieces in a bag? What would a large bag of rice be? A 50,000 pack? Will dispute if only 7 come. Got a screen shot anyways. Missed out on the Taco deal a few deals ago but glad I got this one.

Dec 16, 2011
84 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Also received my package today, I ordered 11 hoping to get 132 bags... only got 11 bags though of course.
I do have a transcript of my chat with Amazon when I placed the order, with the rep confirming that I will be getting 12 bags per order, so 132 bags in total. Seems like the rep was misinformed too. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4438 posts
1517 upvotes
Ontario
minimalist wrote:

Complained to CS and they said they will send me 84 bags. They ordered 7 units so it looks like I'll only get 7 more. I pointed this out but she insisted I'll get 7x12=84.

Got her to say in transcript that if they mess the order up again I'll get a full refund and get to keep the 14 bags.

I don' t think I will take advantage of these pricing mistakes in the future as it's too much work to get it corrected with CS.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes
I can tell you that they will only send 7 to you if the replacement is under the same ASIN since it is now been changed to only 1 pack. I order many times about this kind of multipacks price error, it is hit and miss. Amazon knows how many they send as they can basically look at the shipping weight from your tracking number, so there is no way to lie about this. I have never encountered hard time from CS. Sometimes I can get additional compensation (Amazon credit) if the replacement is incorrect again. At least, you got free products with full refund at the end. With this kind of price error order, you need to expect getting invalid number of items and get full refund at the end. It is not going to work even you push hard to correct this from CS.
minimalist wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Complained to CS and they said they will send me 84 bags. They ordered 7 units so it looks like I'll only get 7 more. I pointed this out but she insisted I'll get 7x12=84.

Got her to say in transcript that if they mess the order up again I'll get a full refund and get to keep the 14 bags.

I don' t think I will take advantage of these pricing mistakes in the future as it's too much work to get it corrected with CS.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes
The CS was telling you the truth at the time you place the order since the internal database probably still showed 12 bags. However, I realize Amazon changed back the description to only 1 pack before our order is shipped, that's where it got mess up.
leancuisine wrote: Also received my package today, I ordered 11 hoping to get 132 bags... only got 11 bags though of course.
I do have a transcript of my chat with Amazon when I placed the order, with the rep confirming that I will be getting 12 bags per order, so 132 bags in total. Seems like the rep was misinformed too. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 16, 2011
84 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
lcmt wrote: The CS was telling you the truth at the time you place the order since the internal database probably still showed 12 bags. However, I realize Amazon changed back the description to only 1 pack before our order is shipped, that's where it got mess up.
Contacted Amazon and the rep was only willing to give me a 20% partial refund... she also stated that these (food) products cannot be returned.
I asked a second time and after a few minutes she came back and told me she will give me a full refund due to me being a "loyal" customer. Winking Face
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5915 posts
7675 upvotes
It is weird that CS only gives you partial refund since Amazon sends you something doesn't match the description/title which is an error causing by Amazon. Yes, consumable product is non-returnable due to health concern. Even some low-cost item will not require you to return.

You may return any of the following items to Amazon.ca, for any reason, for a full refund (we'll also refund the return shipping cost, if the return is a result of our error or if the item qualifies for Free Returns) within 30 days of delivery of your shipment (including gifts) :

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... eId=915466
leancuisine wrote:
lcmt wrote: The CS was telling you the truth at the time you place the order since the internal database probably still showed 12 bags. However, I realize Amazon changed back the description to only 1 pack before our order is shipped, that's where it got mess up.
Contacted Amazon and the rep was only willing to give me a 20% partial refund... she also stated that these (food) products cannot be returned.
I asked a second time and after a few minutes she came back and told me she will give me a full refund due to me being a "loyal" customer. Winking Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)