Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Chamberlain G956EVC-P2 3 Button Garage Door Opener Keychain Remote $37.37

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 7:29 am
[OP]
Mar 13, 2018
28 posts
6 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Chamberlain G956EVC-P2 3 Button Garage Door Opener Keychain Remote $37.37

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
19%
Portable enough for a pocket, purse or backpack. Great for bikers, walkers and kids. Versatile 3-button design that works with all Chamberlain, LiftMaster and Craftsman Garage Door Openers from 1993 to present (any opener with Safety Sensors). Secure coded signal cannot be hacked. LED notification light signals activation and helps with programming. Easy push-button programming sets up in minutes. Includes battery and key ring.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 16th, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
11 replies
Jul 2, 2016
281 posts
320 upvotes
I would check out your local home Depot. They still have these in stock at some stores. Universal Chamberlain Garage Door Remote. Picked one up a few months ago for $20. Download the Home Depot app to check local stock.

[Home Depot] Chamberlain universal garage remote control (YMMV) $20 (reg price $45)
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... 5-2254330/
Jul 31, 2015
876 posts
442 upvotes
AB
I like these, especially in winter if I need to go out quick and shovel
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2259 posts
298 upvotes
Edmonton
Rona cleared them out for $30 back in December. New model is possibly on the way.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1071 posts
239 upvotes
Is there a limit as to how many you have synced with the garage door opener.
Jan 29, 2005
168 posts
109 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
I made a permanent change to keychain garage openers a few years ago. I would recommend everyone do the same.

Quick story, my car was broken into a few years ago in my drive way and like everyone else, my garage opener was clipped to the visor. The thieves found it, opened up the garage and took two brand new baby car seats, a bunch of my tools and ransacked my van which was in the garage. When filing my report, the police officer mentioned these were amateurs at work. The "pros" would have taken the garage opener and come back another time. Which would mean dishing out for a new garage opener unit to counter the stolen opener. Roughly $750 of stolen goods - my deductible was $1000. I had to eat that $750 and the cost of replacing my stolen goods. So from this experience, I now lock my car doors even when parked in the garage and converted to keychain openers.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13522 posts
2754 upvotes
Markham
I would recommend getting this and use your phone as remote opener. For about the same price or cheaper when on sale.

Ewelink WiFi Switch Garage Door Controller for Car Garage Door Opener APP Remote Control Timing Voice Control Alexa Google
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckH7VlOY
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Oct 5, 2004
934 posts
764 upvotes
Vancouver
domacheap wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 11:13 am
I made a permanent change to keychain garage openers a few years ago. I would recommend everyone do the same.

Quick story, my car was broken into a few years ago in my drive way and like everyone else, my garage opener was clipped to the visor. The thieves found it, opened up the garage and took two brand new baby car seats, a bunch of my tools and ransacked my van which was in the garage. When filing my report, the police officer mentioned these were amateurs at work. The "pros" would have taken the garage opener and come back another time. Which would mean dishing out for a new garage opener unit to counter the stolen opener. Roughly $750 of stolen goods - my deductible was $1000. I had to eat that $750 and the cost of replacing my stolen goods. So from this experience, I now lock my car doors even when parked in the garage and converted to keychain openers.
you could also hide the remote opener so its out of plain sight like under the dash. A thief isn't going to be able to easily find it.
Jan 29, 2005
168 posts
109 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
a_dee wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 2:53 pm
you could also hide the remote opener so its out of plain sight like under the dash. A thief isn't going to be able to easily find it.

And what happens if they do find it? I choose to completely remove the risk all together. To each their own.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5470 posts
376 upvotes
domacheap wrote:
Good advice. I currently have the remote clipped to the visor and have the keychain hung inside the house.

I will now hook the keychain remote to car key and leave the visor remote at home.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13522 posts
2754 upvotes
Markham
tomtomtom wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 9:22 pm
Good advice. I currently have the remote clipped to the visor and have the keychain hung inside the house.

I will now hook the keychain remote to car key and leave the visor remote at home.
Unless you don't have a Smart phone. I really recommend what I mentioned here
you get notification when your garage door is opened and closed.
very easy to install.
Keigotw wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 2:05 pm
I would recommend getting this and use your phone as remote opener. For about the same price or cheaper when on sale.

Ewelink WiFi Switch Garage Door Controller for Car Garage Door Opener APP Remote Control Timing Voice Control Alexa Google
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckH7VlOY
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2813 posts
720 upvotes
Hamilton
domacheap wrote:

Ah that sucks to hear. But it’s good advice - for years I’ve always thought about that. Leaving easy access into the garage if one gets into your car. Even worse, I know many people who are lazy about keeping the door from garage into house locked. So getting into the car can get them right into the house as well.

I usually park my cars in the garage, but what I like in my current one is that it has homelink built in for the garage door opener, and it only functions when the vehicle is powered on.