Jan 7, 2002
25711 posts
22510 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot as low as $116 selected sizes YMMV

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Amazon Canada
IMO these high-rated hiking boots (see e.g. REI) are the best I've ever owned--and I've worn out dozens of hiking boots over the past 35 years! They come in narrow, medium and wide so you can get a size that fits your foot well. (Most B&M retailers don't usually stock N and W so if you need those Amazon may be your only option. Note that returns are free.)

Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot

They're made in Europe (Slovakia) not China. In Europe these sell for €180 (~CA$260). In the US they sell for US$230 (~CA$300.) Amazon normally sells them for $299 with free shipping.

I've noticed that depending on size and colour these are selling for as little as CA$116. That's a steal of a deal.

But using Amazon's webisite all you see is "Price: CDN$ 116.67 - CDN$ 620.98 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colours." It's hard to determine which sizes and colours are on sale. If you use Amazon's smartphone apps however it's fairly easy to see what's available at reduced prices. Just find the listing for these then tap Select Size and Select Colour to see a list of available sizes and prices. For example in Grey/Blue sizes 8.5W and 11.5M are available at $116. In Black 9.5M is $121 and 12M is $129. Other sizes/colours vary in price. Anything under $200 to $250 is a good deal, especially if you're hard to fit.

Admittedly this isn't for everyone. But it may be worth a look to see what's available in your size.

Act fast. I ordered a pair in my size/colour for $129. When I looked at the listing again a few minutes later the price for that size/colour was up to $299. (Good thing because I bought a pair in June in Europe so I really don't need three pairs even at $129.)

TL;DR "If the shoe fits, you must acquire ;)"

Added:
halhen1 wrote: Don't forget online rebates if you're planning on buying.
Last edited by bylo on Oct 17th, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
23 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
Couldn't find my size for the good price, and I also don't have the app.

$116 is definitely a steal if you can find it for your size.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
Don't forget online rebates if you're planning on buying.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25711 posts
22510 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
halhen1 wrote: Don't forget online rebates if you're planning on buying.
In my haste to order I forgot. Still I don't regret. I paid about half the €180 I had to pay in June when my other (not Lowa) boots began to fall apart.

My new boots shipped out today with delivery expected tomorrow. That's just ordinary free shipping; no Prime.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jun 5, 2008
677 posts
409 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Never heard of these. The Stone/Brown looks badass. Will keep an eye out for sure! Being Vibram soles, is it stiff enough for hardcore hikes?
Last edited by Raptor200637 on Oct 17th, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 8, 2012
835 posts
678 upvotes
Williams Lake
Dang, my boots are on their last legs, but nothing in my size for sale.

Thanks OP.

cheers

asdf
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
Raptor200637 wrote: Never heard of these. The Stone/Brown looks badass. Will keep an eye out for sure! Being Vibram soles, is it stiff enough for hardcore hikes?
Dude, these are Lowa Renegade's, one of the most well known and popular hikers in the market.
Mar 1, 2010
872 posts
221 upvotes
you bought the last pair of shoes for the cheap price and then let us know. right now, the cheapest one is $186.04+TAX

I really don't care how much did you buy this shoes. however, it In your mind the products made in China seem not have the equal quality as they made in Europe (Slovakia). there are always someone have some bias view to treat Chinese products. I admitted that some products made in China may have lower quality, but not always. Many Nike shoes are made in China, and they are pretty good. there is no sense in arguing with anyone with any kind of discriminations. it is not proper to comapre with the locations those shoes made from. that's the key ponit.
Last edited by gaogao on Oct 20th, 2016 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25711 posts
22510 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
gaogao wrote: you bought the last pair of shoes for the cheap price and then let us know. right now, the cheapest one is $186.04+TAX
No, not at all. Please read my post.

I indicated that there was a limited selection at various prices starting at $116. (Note the "selected sizes YMMV" in the heading.) I also provided a way for people to more easily determine what sizes/colours were available at discounted prices. I even gave several example combinations that were on sale to demonstrate that more than just one pair was available at under $150. And even now, after the RFD effect, there's still some stock at $186 when the regular price is $299. So even now if the shoe fits it's still available at a bargain price.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3071 posts
2565 upvotes
GTA Ontario
gaogao wrote: you bought the last pair of shoes for the cheap price and then let us know. right now, the cheapest one is $186.04+TAX
Hey, good job complaining about the OP posting a deal, and then blaming him for the government's tax scheme too. Now maybe next time he needs to buy something he'll remember to phone you first and ask permission, in case you want it. And of course pay the tax for you if you decide to buy it. :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25711 posts
22510 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
OakAged wrote: Hey, good job complaining about the OP posting a deal, and then blaming him for the government's tax scheme too. Now maybe next time he needs to buy something he'll remember to phone you first and ask permission, in case you want it. And of course pay the tax for you if you decide to buy it. :facepalm:
There was a reasonable selection of discounted boots when I posted. If they're now gone then evidently some RFDers benefited. But next time maybe I'll keep the deal to myself rather than sharing it with others and risking the negative feedback from those who snoozed and lost.

P.S. My boots arrived today. Genuine Lowa boots for about half the price you'd pay at a sporting goods store.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
You are so incredibly dumb. You probably don't even know how Amazon works, let alone appreciate this insane price.

You deserve to be down voted into oblivion.

P.S. $186 is still insane as well.
Mar 1, 2010
872 posts
221 upvotes
I really don't care how much did you buy this shoes. however, it In your mind the products made in China seem not have the equal quality as they made in Europe (Slovakia). there are always someone have some bias view to treat Chinese products. I admitted that some products made in China may have lower quality, but not always. Many Nike shoes are made in China, and they are pretty good. there is no sense in arguing with anyone with any kind of discriminations. it is not proper to comapre with the locations those shoes made from. that's the key ponit.
Last edited by gaogao on Oct 20th, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
bylo wrote:
OakAged wrote: Hey, good job complaining about the OP posting a deal, and then blaming him for the government's tax scheme too. Now maybe next time he needs to buy something he'll remember to phone you first and ask permission, in case you want it. And of course pay the tax for you if you decide to buy it. :facepalm:
There was a reasonable selection of discounted boots when I posted. If they're now gone then evidently some RFDers benefited. But next time maybe I'll keep the deal to myself rather than sharing it with others and risking the negative feedback from those who snoozed and lost.

P.S. My boots arrived today. Genuine Lowa boots for about half the price you'd pay at a sporting goods store.
Did you make your order yesterday? How'd you get em so fast?

Did they ship from Canada? Anyway, good find. Post pics if you like.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1427 posts
507 upvotes
gaogao wrote: if you know that only you can buy the boots with the lowest price, it is useless to let others know.
You can't be this stupid. Anyway, good luck.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25711 posts
22510 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
halhen1 wrote: Did you make your order yesterday? How'd you get em so fast? Did they ship from Canada? Anyway, good find. Post pics if you like.
Ordered on Sunday. Shipped from Mississauga warehouse on Monday. At my door this afternoon.

The pictures are the same as the Amazon listing. I already have a pair that I bought in Europe this summer. These are identical except for the trim colour. At half price they were too good to pass up. I go through a pair of hiking boots every 2 to 3 years so I don't mind having a second pair on the shelf. That's now my 5th pair of Lowa shoes/boots.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1689 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, just saw this thread. This boots are my every day boots. Extremely comfortable, I being using both models, the goretex and the leather liners for years. Very Lucky the people who got this amazing deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3071 posts
2565 upvotes
GTA Ontario
bylo wrote:

I know. Your post was great, and well appreciated. There will always be those who don't appreciate or even understand when something nice was done for them. Some people have mental or emotional issues, or just don't get it. Please don't let their whining and inappropriate comments get you down. The rest of us appreciate a good deal post.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2986 posts
1147 upvotes
Thornhill
i can't believe i missed this!

was looking for one of these :0