• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 10:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes

Amazon & Canada Post - Hiccup with my Order

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else on here but I ordered a part for my car and ETA is supposed to be Thursday. Now the eta could be late. The package went from Canada to Kentucky. WHY WHY!

Why Amazon and Canada Post? Such dingbats.

ON TOP OF IT, THE TRACKING # PROVIDED BY AMAZON DOES NOT EXIST ON CANADA POST's WEBSITE. GRRRRR:

Covid or not, still not acceptable. As a paying Prime member, they shouldn't run into such things. A generic apology isn't always the best. Going to see if I can raise some noise and see if I can get some sort of compensation for the hiccup on Amazon's part to use Canada Post (LAME first of all).
On the way, but it may be late
Your parcel can still arrive Thursday
We're working to get your package back on track. Please check back later for more delivery info from Canada Post.
Was expected Thursday [/quote
Blanka
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2604 posts
1842 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Amazon's tracking sometimes looks weird when things are shipped from American warehouses. They can appear as having been shipped from Canada, but then shows as suddenly being in the USA. Try the tracking number that you were given on http://usps.com and see if it works there.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Get that crap out of your signature.
Dec 8, 2009
679 posts
716 upvotes
My last Amazon order that shipped via Canada Post said it was going to be delayed the minute I got the shipping notification. It was supposed to arrive on Friday (this past Friday), but it was going to be delayed and Amazon was sending me emails saying this and the tracking # from Canada Post said this. Then it arrived on Thursday, a day earlier than it was supposed to without any delay.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21035 posts
5637 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
GeeCee wrote: Amazon's tracking sometimes looks weird when things are shipped from American warehouses. They can appear as having been shipped from Canada, but then shows as suddenly being in the USA. Try the tracking number that you were given on http://usps.com and see if it works there.
Agreed. Most likely the initial "Canada" part was where the shipping label was electronically generated in Canada. But the item's real location is Kentucky and is shipping from the USA. Don't worry about customs surprises, you won't see this on items sold by Amazon.

Also, I noticed that the Canada Post website is having some errors today. I have another shipment (not Amazon) coming from the UK and I can't look it up today. The tracking was working fine a couple of days ago.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1309 posts
876 upvotes
London, On
A Prime example of premature overreaction.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
You might be able to get the part for free if you complain hard enough. Though if it doesn't happen often and item still arrives "within a reasonable time" I'd let it pass
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)