Amazon Canada - question about promo links

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 1:28 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
490 posts
242 upvotes

Amazon Canada - question about promo links

Has anybody ever seen this from pic below limited time deal? Like the deal isn't all that great but they're something that makes it all strange, can you notice what it might be?
Images
  • Annotation 2019-10-06 102038.png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 6th, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added detail to title
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
5 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12310 posts
1181 upvotes
Brampton
I saw a auto part that said the same thing, but it was no deal. The dealership sells it for cheaper.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Dec 7, 2012
872 posts
593 upvotes
Ontario
Like most "lightning deals", it's just another way to push a crappy item at a bad price. They're trying to get you to impulse buy for fear of missing out (Fomo marketing). Just ignore it like their fake list prices.
Your advertisement here
[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
490 posts
242 upvotes
Yeah, okay, but how can they all have the same rating?
Mar 8, 2013
340 posts
616 upvotes
Toronto
$n00ker wrote: Yeah, okay, but how can they all have the same rating?
They all have the same rating because Amazon grouped them together on a product page and combined the reviews. In your example, they're grouped under "Color Name". Sometimes there are multiple different groups on a single page, where items in each group have the same amount of customer reviews.

[OP]
Aug 5, 2005
490 posts
242 upvotes
Callister wrote: They all have the same rating because Amazon grouped them together on a product page and combined the reviews. In your example, they're grouped under "Color Name". Sometimes there are multiple different groups on a single page, where items in each group have the same amount of customer reviews.
Alright thanks for that explanation, just found it too be a little odd