Shopping Discussion

Amazon Canada (Reused Proof of Delivery Photo) - Package Still Missing - No explanation given

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 9:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9323 posts
10882 upvotes
Vancouver
Paigne wrote: Actually the obligation is to get you the items. Not get the items to your porch. If you never got the items, amazon is still responsible for it. They have insurance to cover this anyways.

The issue really isn’t amazon directly but rather whoever amazon use as the method of delivery.
That is absolutely not true. Amazon itself says that items will be left "in a secure location", not delivered into your hands. That's the service you pay for, that's what Amazon logistics does, and that's what Amazon's delivery subcontractors are told to do. "Secure location" is of course a meaningless term. Amazon makes no guarantee of delivery to you personally and no guarantee of theft replacement once the item has been "delivered" according to the delivery terms you agreed to. The fact that Amazon will often replace swiped items for free leads many to believe that they are obligated to. But they aren't.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3668 posts
2210 upvotes
Vancouver
your best bet wrote: very good point...so what to do if you see a pirate..go to the door and say hey,,thats mine..only problem with that is..you might get stabbed or shot....
No actually it’s more about knowing what they are doing. If it looks like they are trying to pick the lock or something then call the police but otherwise it’s checking to see if I need to clean anything. Also turning on music could scare them away if they decide to snoop too long.

Like I said with covid going on, lots of people work at home. Packages don’t stay on my porch for more than a couple minutes. A doorbell cam really is a doorbell these days given most don’t knock or ring the doorbell (this was actually an issue before covid).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)