Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada/Walmart] Energizer Ultimate Lithium 12 AA or 8 AAA Batteries for $10.87 or $5 cheaper for purchase over $15 with rebate

[OP]
Sep 16, 2013
752 posts
415 upvotes
SW ON

Energizer Ultimate Lithium 12 AA or 8 AAA Batteries for $10.87 or $5 cheaper for purchase over $15 with rebate

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
39% off
Retailer:
Amazon Canada/Walmart
12 AA link: https://www.amazon.ca/Energizer-L91SBP- ... B071D87WPV
8 AAA link: https://www.amazon.ca/Energizer-L92SBP- ... B071CNQ3TG

Good deal. These are primary, i.e., non-rechargeable batteries. They last forever and work at -40C and maybe lower. Great for outdoor sensors, cameras etc. Also for smoke, CO detectors. They will probably outlast the detector.

UPDATE: Looks like the AA'a are out of stock at Amazon but as a few people noticed they are in stock at Walmart for the same price and there is a $5 rebate available.
UPDATE2: Back in stock at Amazon.
aswlee wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 10:46 am
Buy from Walmart.
They both on sale for $10.87
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA Batteries
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries
Then can use the Energizer rebate
Looks like the rebate can be used four times per person: "Limit of four (4) rewards per person/mailing address/email address/telephone number."
Last edited by alpovs on Feb 9th, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
90 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12262 posts
3298 upvotes
Ottawa
good price! Sells for about $18 a pack at Walmart IIRC

For all those who clicked on this thread. These are NON RECHARGEABLE batteries. You dispose of them the same as you would Alkaline AA cells (preferably at a battery disposal kiosk)

Even at this price, they aren't inexpensive.

So why would you buy these batteries over NiMH Eneloops or regular Duracells?

- For HIGH DRAIN devices, Eneloops will still outperform these cells, but in medium or lower drain devices, these may last twice as long as an Eneloop
- They will probably outperform your Alkaline cells by about a factor of 2 to 3
- These are lighter than other cells, great if you need batteries for a flashlight for hiking.
- These work very well in low temperatures compared to Alkalines which will be useless if you are using them in -10 or -20 weather. These batteries will maintain much of their capacity even at those temps.
- Unlike Eneloops, these give a voltage of 1.5V, not 1.2. Some devices don't work well with rechargeables because of their low voltage.
- These will not leak like Alkalines. If you put them in your flashlight for an emergency use, you can leave them in the car and you can expect the flashlight to work even when you pull it out from the glovebox 3 years for now.
- Speaking of flashlights in the glovebox, these have amazing shelf life. If you pull out that flashlight 10 years from now, it will be still have most of its capacity. Your Eneloops might be near dead, and Alkalines will have lost a lot of their capacity.

I buy these batteries for things like smoke detectors, outdoor electronic keypads, flashlights and other things that I depend on, and some electronic devices that I use more occasionally, or devices I don't want to take in risk in a leaking battery.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3310 posts
2510 upvotes
Richmond Hill
warpdrive wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 10:54 pm
good price! Sells for about $18 a pack at Walmart IIRC
Seems like Walmart matched Amazon!

I'd still buy through Amazon though, but Walmart is a great choice if you have eVouchers in your account.
Jul 13, 2003
166 posts
536 upvotes
$9.24 if you have 5 items in your Subscribe & Save
Jul 9, 2006
891 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the AA batteries are no longer in stock. Too bad, I wanted them as replacement batteries for my Nest Protect.
Jan 28, 2019
2 posts
Doesn’t seem to be active deal anymore ?
Anyone else seeing this deal still ?
[OP]
Sep 16, 2013
752 posts
415 upvotes
SW ON
Ajackson55555 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 1:02 am
$5 rebate if you bought two or more packs:
http://www.five.energizer.ca/en/default.aspx
How does it work with Amazon? They ask for a photo of receipt. Has anyone used this promo without a paper receipt? Do you take a picture of the screen? LOL Or print out the receipt and photograph it?
Dec 31, 2016
176 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
Is the Deal over?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2792 posts
736 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Is the mystery still unsolved .... why AAA cells cost more than AA?