Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Zinus 8inch Memory Foam Mattress - Twin ($120)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2019 4:27 pm
13 replies
Jun 27, 2012
866 posts
1661 upvotes
You linked the Twin XL
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4105 posts
3568 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you don't mind picking up from Best Buy's warehouse in Brampton, you can get a great discount on these mattresses from time to time.

Lots of products with slightly damaged cardboard boxes and other blemishes at 2ndturn.dtdeals.com, Best Buy's liquidation site. It's auction style though.

I purchased a Zinus 8in Queen Green Tea Memory Foam mattress from there for ~$125.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6555 posts
2244 upvotes
Vancouver
Zinus mattresses are pretty bad. My mattress never opened up completely to the thickness it was suppose to be. It was also smelly( HORRIBLE smell) for 3 months.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1399 posts
1539 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: If you don't mind picking up from Best Buy's warehouse in Brampton, you can get a great discount on these mattresses from time to time.

Lots of products with slightly damaged cardboard boxes and other blemishes at 2ndturn.dtdeals.com, Best Buy's liquidation site. It's auction style though.

I purchased a Zinus 8in Queen Green Tea Memory Foam mattress from there for ~$125.
Since you used it do you recommend the Zinus?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4105 posts
3568 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cucumference wrote: Since you used it do you recommend the Zinus?
Bought it for a family member, but they seem happy with it. Then again, they've been using their old mattress for ~20 years.

No smell after the first ~72 hours or so.
Jun 15, 2010
163 posts
97 upvotes
Richmond
yes i can attest that there is strong packaging smell for the first week
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30963 posts
1777 upvotes
Fernando Poo
dazz wrote: Zinus mattresses are pretty bad. My mattress never opened up completely to the thickness it was suppose to be. It was also smelly( HORRIBLE smell) for 3 months.
Let me guess....made in China?
Jul 2, 2014
473 posts
161 upvotes
Maple, ON
I bought a 12 inch double Zinus foam mattress last year and I find it super comfortable. But I can also sleep on the floor with a couple of stacked blankets and find it comfortable.

I also bought a 10 inch foam mattress off of wayfair from Lucid about 4 years ago and still use it. It feels the same as the Zinus to be honest.
Oct 28, 2007
178 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
I got a 12 inch Zinus last year too, happy with it, comparable to friends Casper. Did some background research:

Smell: there was a group of reviews complaining about smell, mostly from mattress purchased last spring/summer. Suspect some sort of mishap at with a particular batch. Mine was fine.

Price: Casper and all the bed-in-box spends 1/2 of their revenue on marketing, so a generic brand foam mattress with no marketing being 1/2 the price isn't surprising.

Brand: Zinus is a 40 year old Korean company, if anything they have MORE expertise than a bunch of tech companies that decided to sell mattresses all of a sudden.

Sourcing: most of the foam is sourced from a few factories in China, I don't know what Endy's deal is, but Capser used some weasel words like assembled in US (aka foam still from China).

Longevity: No one knows how long foam mattresses are going to last yet, might as well as gamble on a cheapo.

Also looks like 12 inch Green Tea is only $270 now on Amazon. Unreal.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zinus-Memory-Gree ... r=8-1&th=1

Also their bed frames are top notch.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1222 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any idea how this compares to WayfairSleep Foam Mattress (Wayfair House Brand)?

I believe they are around the same price when they are on promotion.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10775 posts
5076 upvotes
we need a new queen.269 for the 12 inch
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!