• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 3:15 pm
[OP]
Jun 25, 2006
201 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary

Amazon cashback only on Amazon products

Not so much a specific deal as just saying Amazon has cashback again, only on Amazon products (thanks @alanbrenton). Love them or hate them I'm sure everyone's shopping from Amazon so hopefully it'll save someone some money. Rates seem the same as before.

Rakuten (up to 1%)
Air Miles (1 mile per $20)
Aeroplan (1 mile per $1)
Last edited by AoiSora7 on Jun 15th, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Included categories:
Amazon Echo Devices
Amazon Fire Tablets
Amazon Fire TV Devices
Amazon Kindle E-readers
Amazon Private Label Fashion
Apparel
Cameras
Cloud Cam & Blink
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Handmade
Home
Luggage
Pet Food & Supplies
Ring Video Doorbells
Shoes & Accessories
20 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54079 posts
18994 upvotes
only for amazon products with rakuten :(

Ring Video Doorbells & Cameras
Fire TV Devices
Fire Tablets
Echo Devices
Element Smart TV
Cloud Cam & Blink
Eero Devices
Kindle Devices
Last edited by alanbrenton on Jun 17th, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1139 posts
2491 upvotes
Don't know if I'd consider Rakuten to be "back" if you can only get CB on <0.1% of products on the site now.

Sad, but not surprising. Amazon has no need for Rakuten to incentivize purchases.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17744 posts
1283 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Coincidence? They started re-sending their "Gold Box Deal of the Day" emails today.

Amazon is like George W. Bush standing on that aircraft carrier with the banner reading "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" in the background lol.
Mar 13, 2006
261 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto, ON
:o wish I rmb to get miles from Aeroplan, just bought the Garmin 645 earlier Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

Edit: Watches not included. Face With Tears Of Joy I guess it doesn't matter then.
Last edited by kathkath on Jun 15th, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1922 posts
1405 upvotes
More of a shopping discussion than a hot deal.
I used it a few days ago with no mention of amazon products only and only found out from the Rakuten email update this morning.

GCR is usually a few points more than Rakuten anyways so that is what I used to use for Amazon CB.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54079 posts
18994 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Don't know if I'd consider Rakuten to be "back" if you can only get CB on <0.1% of products on the site now.

Sad, but not surprising. Amazon has no need for Rakuten to incentivize purchases.
The neat thing about amazon is the price errors do get shipped maybe 90% of the time haha. Its stock keeping is so accurate, compared to other retailers but of course, there are a lot of overpriced stuff sold by .ca as well compared to items at homedepot, lowes or even rona.

I wish there were more 3rd party sellers to play around with pricing because amazon does follow competitors' pricing -- was observing since Saturday how Amazon would follow pricing for a 3rd party seller's the Ticket to Ride game board. I would get a price change alert for things on my saved for later items when I check my empty cart. Every time the seller upped or lowers it's price, .ca was 10c above the price majority of the time.

Too bad most of us would jump in on those 3rd party seller pricing when we should just let it be .ca's reference price point haha.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3735 posts
2057 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: only for amazon products with rakuten :(
Does that mean anything shipped and sold by amazon or only stuff that is actually amazon branded such as amazonbasics etc.
[OP]
Jun 25, 2006
201 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
Chewfam wrote: More of a shopping discussion than a hot deal.
That's fair, would've been hot if it was on everything but I should've read the fine print. Don't see anything on GCR right now, so I guess this might still be helpful for Kindle/Echo/Basic. Gonna cancel my Amazon shopping spree Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54079 posts
18994 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Does that mean anything shipped and sold by amazon or only stuff that is actually amazon branded such as amazonbasics etc.
Not even amazonbasics. Echo, fire, etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1758 posts
230 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Don't know if I'd consider Rakuten to be "back" if you can only get CB on <0.1% of products on the site now.

Got that email the other day saying they no longer offer cashback on amazon.Confused Face I just signed up with them to get it on my amazon and ebay purchases. Just my luck. :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6641 posts
4665 upvotes
Kitchener
konfusion666 wrote: Coincidence? They started re-sending their "Gold Box Deal of the Day" emails today.

Amazon is like George W. Bush standing on that aircraft carrier with the banner reading "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" in the background lol.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9045 posts
2901 upvotes
so Airmiles is back with Amazon? confused I thought they got rid of it

[EDIT]: never mind...I see it now. only the below AM eligible

Amazon Echo Devices
Amazon Fire Tablets
Amazon Fire TV Devices
Amazon Kindle E-readers
Amazon Private Label Fashion
Apparel
Cameras
Cloud Cam & Blink
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Handmade
Home
Luggage
Pet Food & Supplies
Ring Video Doorbells
Shoes & Accessories
Discomfort is your friend
Apr 24, 2009
170 posts
218 upvotes
Ontario
Couldn't find posted...if repost, mods pls delete.

Amazon.ca purchases now eligible for 1% rebates from Rakuten.ca (formerly ebates.ca)

So before checking out of amazon.ca you may wish to get 1% extra back from Rakuten.ca (easy to sign up, no fees).... adds up when you buy from amazon.ca and other retailers.