Shopping Discussion

Amazon is charging me more to replace damaged order which Joeyco shipped back before arriving at my door

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2021 11:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3502 posts
6582 upvotes
Laval

Amazon is charging me more to replace damaged order which Joeyco shipped back before arriving at my door

One my order was return by the Joeyco because of damage before it was sent out to me

I need to understand why when a order is returned by the delivery company Joeyco hired by Amazon because it was damaged at there end and Amazon automatically refunds it without asking if I what it replace.

But when when a order is stolen by porch pirates Amazon replace the order.

So now I needed to reorder the items in this order and it is cost me more.

My $62.32 order will now costing me $208.93 to reorder the same product sold and ship by Amazon a difference of -$146.61 for the same 4 item.

So here I am 70 minutes on the phone this morning with Amazon CS and a great CS rep (5 stars) who are trying there upmost to help me, in reordering my 4 item at the original price I payed of $62.32 it seems when a order is sent back it marked as a return and the original prices are not honored.

So after going back and forth with there supervisors who is trying to applying CS promotional credits, to get the price down because they cannot offer the same price on the items any more they finally mange to get the price back down to $78.49 from $208.93 with the maximum amount of promotional credits allowed but now I need to pay a extra $16.17 ($18.75 with taxes) for the same items.

If this package was stolen I wouldn't have to spend 70 minutes on the phone and pay more for the same items , I find this policy some what hard to understand, on Amazon part

Is this logical?
7 replies
Jul 18, 2019
439 posts
1088 upvotes
North York ON
Are you sure that Amazon replaces stolen orders? I had mine just refunded.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3502 posts
6582 upvotes
Laval
Keith1411 wrote: Are you sure that Amazon replaces stolen orders? I had mine just refunded.
all my stolen order have been replace without issue.
Last edited by 2Riskit on Jun 4th, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3315 posts
3357 upvotes
GTA
2Riskit wrote: all my stolen order have been replace with issue.
Seems like you have a lot of orders stolen. You should send your orders to a pick up location like the Post Office.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3502 posts
6582 upvotes
Laval
tew wrote: Seems like you have a lot of orders stolen. You should send your orders to a pick up location like the Post Office.
300+ order per year only 4 have been stolen, more orders get damage in route then stolen , I just don't know why Amazon need to cancel orders when this happens....most of these orders are one time deals Price errors and there price jump right up.
Feb 3, 2021
85 posts
15 upvotes
Were all the items directly from Amazon? Were they all more expensive in second purchase or just some?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4756 posts
4533 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Amazon once sent one of my orders to the completely wrong city (Calgary) and whatever third-party company they use it there marked it as "Undeliverable" (cause duh, it was).

So instead of being like "Don't worry, we'll get you your order, it'll just take a few extra days" they just automatically refunded it to me and I couldn't do a replacement order (they said that was my only option!) because the item was no longer in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9959 posts
5111 upvotes
Markham
2Riskit wrote: 300+ order per year only 4 have been stolen, more orders get damage in route then stolen , I just don't know why Amazon need to cancel orders when this happens....most of these orders are one time deals Price errors and there price jump right up.
Might be 4 is not large enough samples to get conclusion that amazon replace ALL stolen items in general. Or your damage return sample is not large enough to prove they only refund instead of replacement