Expired Hot Deals

Amazon: Colgate Slimsoft Charcoal Toothbrush 2 for $3 (add-on item - max 5)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 11:33 am
Mar 18, 2008
518 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
stang wrote: These toothbrushes are super soft. You can probably ignore the charcoal "feature"- it may not do any more than color the bristles. The real feature is their tapered tipped bristles. They may be too soft for some people's liking. But if you tend destroy your toothbrushes with extreme pressure, or you're approaching middle age these might be the brush for you.
Thanks for the review. Can’t believe I had to scroll so far down for one, all that noise about charcoal. I bet thats just marketing and the colour name of the toothbrush.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4355 posts
5839 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
stang wrote: These toothbrushes are super soft. You can probably ignore the charcoal "feature"- it may not do any more than color the bristles. The real feature is their tapered tipped bristles. They may be too soft for some people's liking. But if you tend destroy your toothbrushes with extreme pressure, or you're approaching middle age these might be the brush for you.
Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean your enamel isn't getting damaged. It can still be too abrasive for your teeth.

It's not something you can ignore. Please stop using this till more studies are done and it's declared safe.
Nov 19, 2016
25 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
So I had fruit flies hide in this tooth brush. I brush my teeth in the shower and I always spray the hell out of my tooth brush. But I guess they like this tooth brush is very fine and feels very nice on your teeth . I liked it too
Untill I brushed my teeth with a bunch of fruit flies. Do not recommend bugs hide in it .
Nov 26, 2013
17 posts
3 upvotes
Please talk to your dental health care professionals about the use of Charcoal toothpastes or brushes.

There are many factors in play when it comes to enamel wear. The obvious one being abrasion either from toothpastes with high abrasivitiy (usually "whitening" SKUs), or poor brushing habits. Those using electronic toothbrushes or medium/firm brushes might want to revisit their brushing technique with their dental hygienists if they're worried about their enamel.

It's worrying to hear people are brushing with "extreme pressure", regular use of a whitening toothpaste, and general brushing habits of people in this thread.

It's true what people have mentioned. Enamel wears away and once its gone, it's gone for good. Then you'll have to deal with dentin hypersensitivity and an array of dental issues that come along with it. You only get one set of adult teeth folks*. Take good care of them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)