Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard - 5% on $3,000

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 5:24 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18693 posts
21366 upvotes
GTA
runeash wrote: What is BRIM card with no fee forex. I have home trust wonder if it it is worth to switch to BRIM?
Search the RFD credit card forum.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Dec 15, 2011
221 posts
309 upvotes
Calgary
Not sure why this card is getting so many downvotes. I buy a lot of things for my office off Amazon so the 5% back for the first 3 months is pretty slick.

Also since I have Prime, getting 2.5% back on all my Amazon purchases is pretty solid and beats out any other card.

I have no regrets applying for this card... that said I only ever intend to use it for Amazon purchases.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3811 posts
1452 upvotes
Canada
Rogers MC offers 1.75% flat across all purchases...
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1037 posts
1628 upvotes
Brim has an upper limit on the amazon spend. Then it drips to 1%
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13275 posts
170134 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

So I can finally apply for one now?

Ju Leon...
Oct 24, 2009
983 posts
1374 upvotes
Vancouver
fearlessfx wrote: Not sure why this card is getting so many downvotes. I buy a lot of things for my office off Amazon so the 5% back for the first 3 months is pretty slick.

Also since I have Prime, getting 2.5% back on all my Amazon purchases is pretty solid and beats out any other card.

I have no regrets applying for this card... that said I only ever intend to use it for Amazon purchases.
It's because you can get Amazon GC basically from almost everywhere - most grocery chains, gas station, etc. If you have creditcard that earns 5% return on grocery (Cobalt Amex or Scotia Gold amex or even Momentum/CIBC Dividend with 4% return), you can get the GC with much higher return. Right now, you can get Amazon GC with registered Mastercard at Shell to save 10% (YMMV though as some limited gas stations have refused to process with MC).
Nov 30, 2016
266 posts
292 upvotes
Ontario
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

So I can finally apply for one now?

Ju Leon...
Yup seems applications are open again.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
2833 posts
2085 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Didn't realize that Amazon.ca came out with another CC, until now. Doesn't seem to have much of a benefit for me... unless I start to want something at Amazon right now.

I mainly liked the old card as it had no Foreign transaction fees and at the time the US exchange wasn't that bad. I have that benefit with a Scotia Gold Amex already but haven't shopped in the US since our dollar tanked. I've migrated to Travel cards away from Cash Back cards now that I've been taking more vacations.

Only way I see this working for someone is if they are a heavy Amazon consumer and sign up for Prime after the 6 months at 5% is over for 2.5%. 1.5% and 1% seem to be non-competitive right now.
Oct 18, 2015
323 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary
engineered wrote: I don't see a good reason to change from my Brim card, with 2% always at Amazon.ca, free forex, free Boingo.
LOL.

2% with Brim comes with a $199 AF.

You'd have to spend $79,600 a year in Canada to come out ahead over the Rogers WE -- not counting any forex spend (2.5% net CB with the Rogers, vs 0% with the Brim)!

TBH, there are eleventy-one ways to get more value from an 80k p.a. spend than using Brim, or even Rogers WE.

But getting rid of the $199 AF card is probably as good a start as any.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11679 posts
5686 upvotes
Not hot at all.
Im always for a new card and heck i spent a ton each month on amazon but mu rogers WE seems better and its also free.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 8, 2018
39 posts
43 upvotes
Hi guys, someone said u get 10% using amazon gc from other users, where do i get those gc?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1256 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Yawn.
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7005 posts
7068 upvotes
Downtown Canada
drunkgoat wrote: Yup, Brim’s free card plus sign up referral bonus is a better deal than amazon’s own product!
Who is behind Brim master card? I’ve never heard of them before. How do rewards work?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority
Jun 25, 2018
106 posts
143 upvotes
fearlessfx wrote: Not sure why this card is getting so many downvotes. I buy a lot of things for my office off Amazon so the 5% back for the first 3 months is pretty slick.

Agreed just bought a laptop using it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6304 posts
1459 upvotes
Montreal
TransporterSD wrote: Who is behind Brim master card? I’ve never heard of them before. How do rewards work?
Brim is behind Brim. They are funded by venture capitalists. That's described somewhere in the large Brim thread.
Phils
Mar 16, 2009
176 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
SamuelK wrote: LOL.

2% with Brim comes with a $199 AF..
Completely untrue. You get 2% on Amazon purchases with the completely free Brim version, along with the no FTF.

Enough with the anti-Brim posts.
Sep 16, 2016
699 posts
862 upvotes
Got a very similar offer from MasterCard, 5% cash back for first 6 months but also 800 airmiles as welcome bonus
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18693 posts
21366 upvotes
GTA
tfong010 wrote: Brim has an upper limit on the amazon spend. Then it drips to 1%
SamuelK wrote: LOL.

2% with Brim comes with a $199 AF.

You'd have to spend $79,600 a year in Canada to come out ahead over the Rogers WE -- not counting any forex spend (2.5% net CB with the Rogers, vs 0% with the Brim)!

TBH, there are eleventy-one ways to get more value from an 80k p.a. spend than using Brim, or even Rogers WE.

But getting rid of the $199 AF card is probably as good a start as any.
You should try reading that again.
Brim basic card is 1% on everything, and double, which is 2% at Amazon.ca https://brimfinancial.com/amazon
I only use the Brim card for forex and amazon.ca purchases, reno stores on Tangerine, and everything else is on Scotia WE (mostly groceries).
I don't like the Scotia AF, so may go TD WE for a year.
I like the idea of the Rogers card, but from what I hard it's a pain to get the cash back if you aren't a Rogers customer.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)