Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard - 5% on $3,000

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 5:24 pm
Dec 27, 2007
522 posts
270 upvotes
Iverson21 wrote: Not sure I understand. Do you have to 'activate' your cashback and then make a $20 purchase to get your accumulated cash back credited to your account?
Yes. You go to Cashback rewards website via the link in your online Rogers credit card account and select Apply to Next Transaction Only ( Disabled by default).
Then you make a $20+ transaction so that the accumulated cashback can be applied towards that purchase. If you have more cashback rewards than that purchase, you need to re-enable it( repeat the step above) so it can be used towards the next purchase.

There appears to be a retroactive option now as well which I have never personally utilized yet. My comments above explain the second option in the quote below.
How to redeem cash back rewards towards a purchase you've already made:
(only available with app)

Open the Mastercard® Pay with Rewards™ app on your phone. To download the app, search for 'Pay with Rewards' in the App Store or in Google Play.
Select the 'Redeem' tab to see your purchases in the past 90 days.
Select an eligible purchase (in yellow) and click redeem.

How to instantly redeem cash back rewards towards your purchase:
(available with app and online)

Enable Pay with Rewards for 'Next Only' transaction to redeem every time you have a minimum of $20 in cash back rewards.
Your eligible purchase must be a minimum of $20. If you would like to change your 'Purchase Minimum', enter a new amount greater than $20.
Your cash back rewards will automatically be applied to your account as a credit when you make your next purchase.
Last edited by kkostadinof on Oct 9th, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
522 posts
270 upvotes
engineered wrote: Is there a free card with good cashback on groceries?
PCF WE is free with 3% for all Loblaws company stores ( RCSS, NF, Independent, Fortinos etc) in the form of PC Optimum pts which I would say are nearly as good as cash.
Using it to buy GCs while in those stores extends those 3% to a few dozen more non-grocery merchants.
Sep 16, 2019
1 posts
when you can get 10% off by using amazon gc from other users.
how does this work ?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1609 posts
956 upvotes
Montreal
Is anyone actually getting 5% on their Amazon purchases? I'm only getting about 4.3%, which makes it seem like you don't get points on the sales tax paid. Doesn't say anything about that being excluded in the fine print.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2003 posts
195 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: It's because you can get Amazon GC basically from almost everywhere - most grocery chains, gas station, etc. If you have creditcard that earns 5% return on grocery (Cobalt Amex or Scotia Gold amex or even Momentum/CIBC Dividend with 4% return), you can get the GC with much higher return. Right now, you can get Amazon GC with registered Mastercard at Shell to save 10% (YMMV though as some limited gas stations have refused to process with MC).
Nice tips. Do all credit-cards treat GC as a grocery purchase?

Which credit card gets you 10% back at shell?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2003 posts
195 upvotes
who8myrice wrote: Image

Not hot at all, considering their old card by Chase came with 0% foreign FX, but it's a free card - meh.

Welcome offer: Get 5% back at Amazon.ca, grocery stores, and restaurants for 6 months after approval, on first $3,000 in eligible purchases††
1.5% back on Amazon.ca thereafter.
1.0% back on all other purchases.
For the 5% cash back, what do they mean by eligible purchases?
Apr 23, 2009
566 posts
143 upvotes
GTA
Noobzilla wrote: Is anyone actually getting 5% on their Amazon purchases? I'm only getting about 4.3%, which makes it seem like you don't get points on the sales tax paid. Doesn't say anything about that being excluded in the fine print.
Could someone confirm this (re tax not included in 5% cb)? Also is walmart counted as a grocery store by this card?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1609 posts
956 upvotes
Montreal
emiabe wrote: Could someone confirm this (re tax not included in 5% cb)? Also is walmart counted as a grocery store by this card?
Thanks
I argued with them until they gave me the missing points on the sales tax I paid. Seems to be fixed now.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Apr 23, 2009
566 posts
143 upvotes
GTA
Noobzilla wrote: I argued with them until they gave me the missing points on the sales tax I paid. Seems to be fixed now.
Do you mean fixed for everyone or each customer has to complain to get this fixed?

Also, do the points get updated only at the next statement? (I just test-purchased something at walmart. Would like to know how soon the purchase gets reflected on the reward site.)
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1609 posts
956 upvotes
Montreal
emiabe wrote: Do you mean fixed for everyone or each customer has to complain to get this fixed?

Also, do the points get updated only at the next statement? (I just test-purchased something at walmart. Would like to know how soon the purchase gets reflected on the reward site.)
Thanks.
I don't know about everyone. You'd need to check your next statement.
Apr 23, 2009
566 posts
143 upvotes
GTA
emiabe wrote: Do you mean fixed for everyone or each customer has to complain to get this fixed?

Thanks.
Update: I can confirm that:
- walmart supercentre counts as grocery;
- 5% cb (including tax) for grocery is working; and
- you don't need to wait until the next statement to see the points (seems like once a transaction posts, reward points also get posted.)
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18657 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
reggyDeal wrote: Nice tips. Do all credit-cards treat GC as a grocery purchase?

Which credit card gets you 10% back at shell?
amex SCP, possible 500$ cb on the first 4k spend in 3months ymmv
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18657 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
emiabe wrote: Update: I can confirm that:
- walmart supercentre counts as grocery;
- 5% cb (including tax) for grocery is working; and
- you don't need to wait until the next statement to see the points (seems like once a transaction posts, reward points also get posted.)
hot if it also counts walmart online or pickup orders?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1780 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal
is the cashback in actual dollars against the card or in Amazon cash in the account only ?
just got the card
looks like crap
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1780 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal
I like the 5 percent six months.. it beats out my cibc 4 percent, so will use this while it lasts
just noticed it says world top left, what does that mean ?
can this also be added to apple pay ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)