Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Amazon.com (US) Panasonic GX85 Body Only $499 free shipping.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 6:04 pm
Feb 7, 2017
37 posts
30 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Amazon.com (US) Panasonic GX85 Body Only $499 free shipping.

good price for M43 camera with good reviews. Considering CAD doing better .. it comes to around 605 CAD. This camera has inbuilt stabilization and works very well if paired with dual IS lenses (Pana Leica 12 35 vario II etc). This is an interchangeable lens camera so any M43 lens would work.
Canadian retail price is much higher.

Deal link
https://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-Mirror ... words=gx85
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
It goes for 497 with kit lens from time to time, I would wait. Even if you don't need the lens, you can sell it
Jan 18, 2013
639 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
RFDQ1016 wrote: It goes for 497 with kit lens from time to time, I would wait. Even if you don't need the lens, you can sell it
497 USD I assume.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
The GX85 has range finder styling and in body stabilization. Also no external mic input.

The G7 has dslr styling, no stabilization and external mic input.

I paid $497 USD for my G7 and kit lens. The GX85 should be there on black friday if you can wait.

Both are great cameras.
Nov 24, 2013
6 posts
8 upvotes
SACKVILLE
zetx wrote: How does this compare with G7? https://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-Mirror ... B00X409O6O
https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/panaso ... x85-vs-g7/ is a pretty good overview. Basically, apart from the styling differences, the G7 is an older but higher-end camera. The in-body stabilization of the GX85 is an advantage when shooting handheld (especially video or photos in lower light) and the sensor produces slightly sharper images. The GX85 is also appreciably smaller. The G7 has a nicer viewfinder and a fully articulating screen, more comfortable handling, more control points, has a dedicated mic input, and has better battery life.

The G7 uses an external battery charger. The GX85 charges via USB, although you can buy an external charger and a spare battery for around $20 on amazon if you need it.

I went with the GX85 and am really happy with my decision. Both are great cameras though.
Jun 7, 2007
333 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon.com price is $697, all the $500 USD options I can find are from third-party sellers.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
I have a G7. I like its fully articulated monitor which allows me to take selfies in very low light condition. Then connect the G7 via wifi to my smartphone using a Panasonic free app to pull the selfies and share on social media.

I do not find any handicap without in-camera stabiliser as Panasonic lens have in-lens stabiliser.
Oct 15, 2008
216 posts
56 upvotes
I have the G85 - great camera. In body stabilization is amazing; Lumix lenses come with OIS in the lens, paired with the stabilization in the body and I don't need a tripod to film most of my videos in stunning 4K
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
I have been on a video learning curve since getting my G7. Best investment was a Sirui Video monopod. In most situations, way better than a tripod.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
chrominance wrote: Amazon.com price is $697, all the $500 USD options I can find are from third-party sellers.
it is a 3rd party but fulfilled by amazon.
Capture.JPG

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)