• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 4:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7006 posts
2252 upvotes
Markham
Monowheel/ electric unicycle.

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Penalty Box
Mar 7, 2011
3462 posts
1605 upvotes
Vancouver
kunamvahees wrote:
May 24th, 2019 2:37 pm
I dont know who named it Scooter.
For me, this is a Scooter.
More like a moped...
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
941 upvotes
The 6
Not practical for daily commuting. It is not recommended by the manufacturer to use in rain and actually says specifically in the handbook not to go through puddles.

I have it. I spent over $1,000 all-in for this. Did not know about the aforementioned limitations before buying so be forewarned.

It is a fun toy though and can't argue with this lowered price!
Apr 15, 2018
60 posts
60 upvotes
E Bikes ..might be the better way to go? That so called Scooter is very expensive IMO.
https://emmo.ca/electric-bikes
I have this model...Emmo Electric Bike F6 ...has many features and benefits.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6622 posts
2464 upvotes
Toronto
kruel wrote:
May 24th, 2019 3:12 pm
This is not an e-bike and it's really a gray area. From MTO website

* The minimum wheel width or diameter cannot be less than 35mm/350mm.

So clearly does not qualify as an e-bike.

Source
Also e-bikes technically need pedals, but I've seen people in a big scooter (like this) with little pedals that are basically cosmetic.
Aug 5, 2012
236 posts
107 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DrunkenStupor wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:58 am
Not practical for daily commuting. It is not recommended by the manufacturer to use in rain and actually says specifically in the handbook not to go through puddles.

I have it. I spent over $1,000 all-in for this. Did not know about the aforementioned limitations before buying so be forewarned.

It depends how far is your commute. It appears perfect for people who live and work in downtown areas, like downtown Toronto where storing must also be considered.

Jan 11, 2002
865 posts
295 upvotes
Midland
How about hills? Either going up or down?
DrunkenStupor wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:58 am

Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12043 posts
3023 upvotes
Ottawa
roosterOON wrote:
May 25th, 2019 1:12 pm
It depends how far is your commute. It appears perfect for people who live and work in downtown areas, like downtown Toronto where storing must also be considered.

yes, it can be useful for people that need to go some distance after they get off a bus or train. I have a folding bike and was considering one of these for commuting by bus or train. It's only the legality of using these on paths/roads that stopped me from getting one....otherwise it would have been perfect
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 3, 2018
87 posts
274 upvotes
InDogWeTrust wrote:
May 25th, 2019 3:26 pm
They’re $600 / free ship at jpmobiles.ca, the marketplace seller Best Buy is sourcing from. Doesn’t make much sense to buy from US Amazon.
that's a good price if it includes shipping from Canada

I wish the qicycle was available. that one is much more practical as you can use it on bike lanes, and its portable enough when folded.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1759 posts
385 upvotes
This think is very cool. Looks like Xiaomi has been making it for a long time, was not even aware. I wonder how much this thing sells for in china and how many people use it there. I was in nanning, so many ebikes there, was an absolute thrill to ride them around town. too bad this has no seat.
Apr 24, 2013
235 posts
91 upvotes
Crna Gora
webeye wrote:
May 25th, 2019 12:33 pm
E Bikes ..might be the better way to go? That so called Scooter is very expensive IMO.
https://emmo.ca/electric-bikes
I have this model...Emmo Electric Bike F6 ...has many features and benefits.
I never heard of this site and I checked their electric motorcycle and you can get great looking electric motorcycles for 2500$ , what??? And we are talking here about some kids toys that cost almost 1000$ .

Am i missing something?
Apr 15, 2018
60 posts
60 upvotes
I paid $1300 for mine ..4 years or so ago from someone in Chipawa... I added a better seat and post because of a back disability. I also added a rack at the back and a metal basket for the front. ..plus several battery powered lights...front and back including the wheels.
Lith is more expensive but the batteries are much lighter and easier to manouver.